Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Returning Registration to be held Saturday, October 15  (Read 18032 times)

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
Re: SDCC 2023 Returning Registration to be held Saturday, October 15
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2022, 08:41:46 PM »
My Mum turned 60 in September 2021 and after Comic Con 2022 I went to try and change her account from Adult to Senior and wasn't able to do it. I ended up having to using the contact form via the member portal and Comic Con change it for me, so not sure if you would be able to do it before hand, I take it like the Child to Junior, or Junior to Adult badge, you are the badge type as per the date that badges are bought.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2022, 08:42:44 PM »
My kids purchased badges at the junior rate when they were juniors during the sale, even though they turned adult age before the con. I suspect it would be the same on the other end, becoming a senior. If you are an adult during the sale, you pay the adult rate.

Friends of Comic Cons

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2022, 06:08:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My Mum turned 60 in September 2021 and after Comic Con 2022 I went to try and change her account from Adult to Senior and wasn't able to do it. I ended up having to using the contact form via the member portal and Comic Con change it for me, so not sure if you would be able to do it before hand, I take it like the Child to Junior, or Junior to Adult badge, you are the badge type as per the date that badges are bought.
This is how it worked for both my Wife and I. Nothing was automatic, and there was no way to change the member type through the portal. We needed to contact CCI and let them know of our birthday milestones so they could update our accounts manually.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2022, 01:21:56 PM »
4 days out and still no visual walkthrough that CCI says is coming...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2022, 01:28:50 PM »
I made my own for my group, piecing together from their ccse steps & ublog lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2022, 03:34:01 PM »
edit: CCI also sent this info in an email

Comic-Con 2023 Tech, Prep, and Last-Minute Checks

"Credit Card Information

To make sure that your check out process is effortless, we recommend you go into your Member ID account before October 15 and save your credit card information ahead of the sale. If you participate in Returning Registration and are selected for a registration session, you will have 15 minutes total to complete your badge purchase. Having your credit card information pre-saved is ideal and could save you a few precious minutes. For visual guidance in saving your card information, follow the steps below:"

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:37:13 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2022, 09:33:09 PM »

That kinda makes me more nervous.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2022, 09:35:41 PM »
We can still do groups, right? All we need is the log-in name and name of the participant? Anything else?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2022, 10:15:00 PM »
We can still do groups, right? All we need is the log-in name and name of the participant? Anything else?

Trust, and about $1000 available on your credit card if you plan to buy 3 badges.

Offline Cubs23331

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2022, 10:25:12 PM »
I’m in luckily in a similar situation, I work in accounting and we wrap up quarter end this week so I should be all clear for Saturday. Definitely make sure everything is in order when the waiting room opens and be good to go. Positive vibes for everyone.

One week from today, many of us will be sitting by the computer in anxious anticipation: either trying to get badges for ourselves, or in a group trying to help others (or both).  I know some folks out there are in time zones where they're waiting for the sales to go live at, like, 2am or something so for those folks, I hope your sleep pattern isn't too screwed up  :-\

As a Pro I'm luckily not having to sweat this for myself, but I will be participating to try to help our buying group of friends.  By for those who are a bundle of nerds, remember the sage advice from now-deceased genius author Douglas Adams: DON'T PANIC!  Next summer will be my 22nd consecutive SDCC (not including SDCC SE), and while this is my first SDCC Registration as a Pro, that means I've had 21 years of success getting badges: most years just on my own w/out the buying group.  For those new to a group this year, the success rate has historically been AMAZING for badge-buying groups.  For those who aren't in a group, make sure you do all of the hacks you read on line & from CCI to ensure your setup is copacetic on your end and hope the odds are in your favor.

Try to remain calm & enjoy the ride: bask in your success without being too exuberant in front of those who didn't have the luck, and remember those unlucky will have another shot in General Registration (note: join a badge group for that one if at all possible!!).

Good luck next week; luckily for me it's my least-crazy Saturday of the month and while I'll be running a marching band rehearsal that morning I'm confident I'll be able to help some people (I've had great luck on our school computer over the years, oddly enough).

Online sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2022, 05:58:56 AM »
Trust, and about $1000 available on your credit card if you plan to buy 3 badges.

And make sure you have money in your Pay Pal Account if someone buys your badge.  One year I forgot, and transferred money at the last minute.  Of course Pay Pal takes a couple of days, so I couldn't reimburse the person who bought my badge for me within 24 hours.  Fortunately, he was very understanding and knew I was good for the money.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2022, 07:07:58 AM »
Looks like they updated the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login w/walkthrough information.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:11:15 AM by Michael M »
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Online sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2022, 12:57:16 PM »
Looks like they updated the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login w/walkthrough information.

I was hoping for some graphics.  Maybe that's still coming.

Interesting changes...

If your credit card is part of your account, you can use that to pay for badges.  That's a time Saver.

You can enter the waiting room AFTER 9:00 AM PST, but you'll be put to the end of the line, and if demand as it was in the past, you'll most likely NOT be selected for a badge.

Because the system is changing, they're anticipating the whole process may take 50% longer.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2022, 01:01:41 PM »

I was hoping for some graphics.  Maybe that's still coming.

Interesting changes...

If your credit card is part of your account, you can use that to pay for badges.  That's a time Saver.

You can enter the waiting room AFTER 9:00 AM PST, but you'll be put to the end of the line, and if demand as it was in the past, you'll most likely NOT be selected for a badge.

Because the system is changing, they're anticipating the whole process may take 50% longer.

Some purchase screens in the middle.

Returning Registration

Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration will be on October 15, 2022!
WHAT you need: Comic-Con Member ID and Last Name of friends (if purchasing for others), the days they want, and your credit/debit card at the ready.

WHEN it takes place: Saturday, October 15! The Queue-it waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PDT, and the sale will commence at 9:00 AM PDT! Make sure to enter the waiting room prior to 9:00 AM PDT to participate.

WHERE the sale happens: In your Member ID account where a virtual waiting room will be enabled.

WHO is eligible: All paid attendees from Comic-Con 2022 and Comic-Con Special Edition 2021. Eligible participants can purchase badges for up to 3 people (yourself included, if you choose). Each person you purchase for must also be eligible for Returning Registration and have their own valid/confirmed Member ID account.

We highly encourage you to read all information below and bookmark Toucan – the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for important Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration tips.
Comic-Con Badge Prices
 BADGE TYPE   Adult   Junior*   
U.S. Military /
Senior*

Preview Night   $55.00   $27.00   $27.00
 Thursday   $75.00   $37.00   $37.00
 Friday   $75.00   $37.00   $37.00
 Saturday   $75.00   $37.00   $37.00
 Sunday   $50.00   $25.00   $25.00
*Children (12 and under) are free with a paying adult. Juniors (ages 13 -17) pay the reduced junior prices. Active-duty military with ID and seniors (ages 60 years and older) pay the reduced U.S. Military/Senior price. The Military/Senior pricing does not extend to military veterans and dependents. All purchases are subject to a $10 handling fee per member.

Comic-Con Returning Registration Eligibility Info

Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration is open to all Comic-Con 2022 and Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 paid attendees. First-time attendees, professionals, guests of professionals (paid or complimentary), exhibitors (and exhibitor-purchased attendee badges), retailers, volunteers, staff, complimentary passes, and press are not eligible to participate in Returning Registration. Registration for these categories will occur at a later date.

To see if you are eligible to participate in Returning Registration, log in to your Member ID account and look for “Eligibility: ✓ Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration” located in the upper left corner under your name, Member ID, and email.

Anyone you wish to purchase badges for must also meet the same eligibility requirements.

Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Returning Registration. There are more eligible attendees than badges available. You can increase your chances of obtaining a badge by reading the following instructions carefully and having your personal information ready on the day of the sale.

Comic-Con Returning Registration Virtual Waiting Room

To participate in Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration, you must first enter our virtual waiting room. You have one hour to enter the waiting room before the badge sale begins.

Enter the Waiting Room

The Queue-it waiting room will open at 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on the day of the badge sale. To enter the waiting room, simply log in to your Member ID account between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM PDT on Saturday, October 15, 2022. If you are already logged in to your Member ID account at that time, you can also click "Returning Registration" from the top menu bar to enter the waiting room.

You do not need to rush to the waiting room at 8:00 AM PDT! Eligible attendees will have one full hour to log in to their Member ID account to enter the waiting room. Early arrival to the waiting room does not provide any advantage over those who arrive later than you. However, you must enter the waiting room before 9:00 AM PDT.

Wait in the Queue

When the badge sale begins, everyone who entered the waiting room between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM PDT will be placed into a randomized queue. Shortly after 9:00 AM PDT, groups will automatically begin moving from the waiting room to a registration session. Keep an eye on your place in line! If you are randomly selected for a registration session, you have 15 minutes to complete your badge purchase.

Remember, it does not matter what time you entered the waiting room, and entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a registration session. Not all members will be selected for a registration session.

Do not refresh while you are in the Queue-it waiting room! The Queue-it waiting room will automatically refresh every 30 seconds. Refreshing your browser in the waiting room may cause technical difficulties or remove you from the waiting room.

Waiting Room Q&A

If I enter the waiting room when it opens at 8:00 AM PDT, am I at the front of the line?

No, early arrival to the waiting room does not provide any advantage. You do not need to rush to the waiting room at 8:00 AM PDT. Just make sure to enter the waiting room before 9:00 AM PDT! Everyone who entered the waiting room between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM PDT on Saturday, October 15 will be placed into a randomized queue when the badge sale begins.

What if I enter the waiting room after 9:00 AM PDT?

If you enter the waiting room for the first time after 9:00 AM PDT, you will be placed at the back of the line. With the large number of participants that enter the waiting room on time, your chances of being selected for a registration session are minimal. Everyone who arrived between 8:00 AM PDT and 9:00 AM PDT will be ahead of you.

How long will the badge sale last on October 15?

Because we are using a new system, we anticipate the duration of the sale could take up to 50% longer than in previous years.

What do I do if I’m disconnected from the waiting room?

If at any time you are disconnected from the Queue-it waiting room, simply log back in to your Member ID account. If you aren’t immediately put back into the waiting room after logging in, select “Returning Registration” from the top menu bar.

You will be put back in the same random group you were assigned! Please note: This only applies to participants who initially entered the waiting room prior to 9:00 AM PDT.

How To Purchase Badges

In order to purchase badges during Returning Registration, you must be randomly selected for a registration session. If you are moved from the waiting room to a registration session, you will have 15 minutes to purchase badges for up to three eligible members. Make sure to have the following ready:

□ Credit or debit card information
□ All eligible Member IDs and last names of people you wish to purchase badges for
□ What days you and your group are interested in
     (ex. If only Thursday and Sunday are available, does everyone want those days?)
□ You can not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID—badges cannot be transferred.

Remember, you will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session and purchase! A delay in inputting this information may cause your session to expire.

The Registration Session

If you are moved to a registration session, you will select your desired badges from the inventory available and add them to your cart to check out. Make sure you add badges for all the members you are purchasing for before you proceed to checkout.

You may purchase badges for up to THREE people total, which can include yourself! If you’re unable to attend, but still want to help out other hopeful attendees, you can register up to three other eligible members. Each individual you are purchasing for must be both eligible to participate in Returning Registration and they must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account.

IMPORTANT! It is critical that you do not use your browser’s back button during any step of your registration session. Comic-Con cannot guarantee that your registration session will behave as expected if you use your back button during any step of the registration process.

How To Purchase Badges

Click each step below for detailed instructions and images of a registration session.

Step 1: Add your badges to your cart

We recommend adding your own badges to the cart first. Your information will be pre-populated on the “Registrants” tab. Check the box next to each day you’d like to attend and click “Add to Cart”.

If you are not purchasing badges for yourself, skip to step 3.

If you add all four daily badges (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) to your cart, you will be given the option to purchase Preview Night if inventory is available. Check the “Add to Cart” box if you’d like to attend Preview Night on Wednesday, July 19, 2023, then click “Continue”.

Step 2: Choose to select badges for others or proceed to checkout

You’ll see a pop-up window after you’ve successfully added your badges to the cart. From here, you have two options:

Click “Register Another Member” to purchase badges for other eligible members. You will need their Member ID and last name exactly as it appears on their Member ID account.

Click “Checkout” if you’re not purchasing badges for others. Once you click “Checkout” you will not be able to add or change the registrants in your cart. You will only be able to remove a registrant.

Step 3: Select badges your friend

To purchase badges for others, you must locate their Member ID account. Select the “Register Another Member ID” tab and enter the Member ID and last name of the member you wish to purchase badges for. If the Member ID and last name are valid, their name will appear in a green box. If they have a special character in their last name, you must include it.

Check the box next to each day your friend would like to attend and click “Add to Cart”.

If you get the error message “Product requires membership access unavailable to participant”, this person is not eligible for today’s sale.

If you add all four daily badges (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) for your friend to your cart, you will be given the option to purchase Preview Night if inventory is available. Check the “Add to Cart” box if your friend would like to attend Preview Night on Wednesday, July 19, 2023, then click “Continue”.

Step 4: Enter your payment information

After you’ve finished adding your badges to the cart, click “Checkout”.

Enter your credit card information and billing address, then click “Save”. If you already have a credit card saved to your account, click “Save & Continue”.

Payments will not be processed until after the sale is complete. Because of this, you will see the total amount of your purchase to be “Due Later”. Payments will be processed within 72 hours

Step 5: Complete your badge purchase

The time has come! If you have a few minutes to spare, review the badges in your cart. Each registrant will have the item “Comic-Con 2023 Attendee Badges” with their individual day selections nested beneath it. If everything looks good, click “Process Order”. An order receipt will be sent to each registrant.

Badge Inventory:

Badges can sell out quickly. If you are selected for a registration session, you will be presented with the inventory available at that time. Badges are offered as daily options only.

Preview Night and 4-Day badges:

The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge. Preview Night is not a stand-alone option. As in previous years, if you purchase all four daily badges (Thursday through Sunday) they will be automatically converted to a 4-Day badge. You cannot opt out of consolidation.

Children Badges:

Children (ages 12 and under) are free with a paying adult. Click here for more information on our Child Badge Policy.

Badge Confirmations:

Badge confirmations will be sent at a later date.

Payment Methods:
Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express only. We do not accept PayPal or other online payment systems. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, you will be able to use it for purchase.

Registration Session Q&A

Can I edit badge selections after I’ve added them to my cart?

Yes! Once badges have been added to your cart, click the “View Details / Manage Add-ons” button next to the registrant’s name.

Edit the badge selections from the "Manage Add-ons" pop-up window and click "Save".

You can only edit badge selections, you will not be able to add or change registrants once you move past the registration page.

The Queue-it waiting room and badge registration process have been tested on the following browsers. We cannot guarantee your results should you use a browser not listed below:

Firefox: Latest version
Google Chrome: Latest version
Internet Explorer: Version 11 only
Safari: Latest version
Microsoft EDGE: Latest version

Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably with the Queue-it waiting room. These features are usually enabled in the default configuration of most modern web browsers. If you do not have these features enabled, it is possible that the waiting room application will not function properly.

The badge registration system is not formatted for iPad, tablets, or mobile devices. Although mobile devices can be used to purchase a badge, Comic-Con is unable to guarantee that the registration system will behave as expected using a mobile device.

Please make sure your computer's power saving settings are off or adjust them if needed. You do not want your computer to power down or go to sleep while you are in the waiting room or in the middle of a registration session.

We recommend adding [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

Comic-Con Returning Registration Fine Print

While Comic-Con has made every effort to make the badge purchase experience fair for everyone, it is possible that problems outside of our control could result in the system not working as planned. The possibility exists that anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software may aggressively block browser cookies, JavaScript, or other operation of modern web applications. It is also possible that user error, specific hardware problems, local ISP issues, or simply the extremely high level of demand beyond our control may result in your computer and/or browser not behaving as described above. While Comic-Con has done extensive testing, we make no guarantees that your efforts will result in a successful badge purchase or that you will be selected for a registration session regardless of when you enter the process. Admittance to the waiting room does not guarantee you a registration session.

As always, we are sincerely grateful for your continued support and interest in our event. We know that purchasing a badge can be a challenge and we are constantly exploring options to improve your online registration experience. We will continue to offer deeply discounted rates for juniors, seniors, and active-duty military, as well as one of the most generous free child badge policies in the comic convention industry.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 01:52:17 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
I thought that this was interesting.....

Because we are using a new system, we anticipate the duration of the sale could take up to 50% longer than in previous years.