Author Topic: SDCC 2013 On-Site Pre-Reg -- Yes people are talking already  (Read 18120 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5816
Re: SDCC 2013 On-Site Pre-Reg -- Yes people are talking already
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's the thing though, isn't it? Most people would agree that a parent getting a badge for their child would be acceptable so long as they can bring proof along that they child is theirs (Having been to Comiket it's actually somewhat of a problem). At that point, though, all the people have to do is look at your ID, look at your child's ID (which, every child should have a passport. That's just common sense), and make the deduction of: "Oh, they really are related. Huh."

Anyway, I just think that it should be one adult badge and two Jr badges per every paying adult. Having all these people that can just absorb not going to one day of Comic Con out of their savings account so that they can buy a 4 Day+Preview night for everyone and their dog is simply not okay.

I have no problem with kiddos/Jr's having a passport, or some state/gov issued ID as a requirement for the parent to buy their badge- I actually bring my son's passport with me to the con, on the outside case, I'll be questioned about his age
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
For kids under a certain age (12, I think) you don't have to buy a badge at all as long ad the parent has the badge. You just register them when they go and they get a kids badge free.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:25:47 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1869
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
For kids under a certain age (12, I think) you don't have to buy a badge at all as long ad the parent has the badge. You just register them when they go and they get a kids badge free.
Yep, twelve is the maximum age for a "kids" badge.

From the website, under the registration info page:
"Children 12 and under with a paying adult are free. Juniors 13-17 pay junior prices. Seniors 60 years or older pay the Military/Senior reduced price. Active Military with ID can pay the Military/Senior price. This deal does not extend to dependents."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
The problem comes when that kiddo is 12 andneeds a badge for the following year when he is 13, some one has to buy it for him because he's got a child badge and can't have a member ID or buy a ticket.

I bring my sons passport because I don't want someone questioning his age altho I know they won't. Yes, belt and suspenders type here.

The point being,  I think when the flow charts are made, it becomes obvious that it's not as simple as saying , one person one badge if the mission is to bring in families.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
The problem comes when that kiddo is 12 andneeds a badge for the following year when he is 13, some one has to buy it for him because he's got a child badge and can't have a member ID or buy a ticket.

I bring my sons passport because I don't want someone questioning his age altho I know they won't. Yes, belt and suspenders type here.

The point being,  I think when the flow charts are made, it becomes obvious that it's not as simple as saying , one person one badge if the mission is to bring in families.

completely agree. I think the cap right now for on-line is 6 and I want to say on-site last year it was 2 per person.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
The 2 per person was at pre reg last summer at pre reg. I'm hoping I can buy both my sons and mine!

Offline Hammer26

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
Ok there are pluses and negatives to doing this and these are just from what i have seen and gathered over the last few years of attending

Plus Side:
1) People can enjoy the Comic Con fully. 
2) Not have to have to sit in the cold for a badge
3) More badges available for online sale day
4) More happy faces

Negative side:
1) Online sale system has let attendee down the past 2 years
2) Some kind of fee added onto the ticket sales
3) If people dont get a badge, they will explode and take it out on the Comic con people/officials (I have seen the Facebook posts from people who didnt get a badge and pointed fingers at Comic con ticket system)

This is just my opinion, i felt it was things that needed to be pointed out regarding no possible Pre-reg for 2013.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:27:13 PM by Hammer26 »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7868
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Another negative: I like to book my downtown hotel as early as possible. I usually go for the 'totally non-refundable' deals just to secure my room and not have to take chances in the lottery. But if I don't have a badge and don't KNOW I'm going, I woon't be able to do that. I would have missed out on the Marriott rooms I booked this year if I hadn't pre-registered for my 2012 badge.

Offline Hammer26

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
Yea Hotel booking is as nuts as getting a badge :(

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
I know a guy, so getting lodging for me is not very hard. Also, a friend of mine is camping (like, in a tent) for the con, and is going over to a friends house to shower and stuff.

I don't know, maybe this helps?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1768
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
If you would like to see them continue with on site pre-registration, ***PLEASE*** send them an email saying so: [email protected]  They do listen to attendee feedback and at this point, I believe that they have heard more feedback to not do on site reg than to do it. 

Also, if you want to increase the odds that your email will be heard, send it at a time that is not around a big event (i.e. ticket sales, hotel announcements, etc).

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7868
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
I actually wrote them a letter and sent it via snail mail. I find that most companies tend to pay more attention to those, because it takes more time and effort to send them. I guess we'll see. I haven't had a response, but I'll post here if I get one.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
I've sent an email as well. One thing that I can say about the people at the Con is that they are really professional when it comes to responding to customer inquiry. Most events that are dealing with this volume of people rarely show the attentiveness that the people at SDCC do.

Even though getting tickets was a fiasco, I can honestly say that because of their candor, I am willing to try to get tickets int he future.

Offline icedog1787

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
Tickets weren't a fiasco. The system went fine for those that had the intuition to go to the home page to purchase badges.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
Tickets weren't a fiasco. The system went fine for those that had the intuition to go to the home page to purchase badges.

just out of curiosity, did you read the topic of this thread?