Author Topic: People who sent in screenshots as instructed...  (Read 66516 times)

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: People who sent in screenshots as instructed...
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 07:33:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
someone on the sdcc facebook page posted this "Got an email back from Comic-Con asking for a couple more pics of my screenshots and they said they will review and let me know their decision "

Interesting...all I got was the e-mail.  But I sent them 3 different screenshots as I was making sure that they could see the time passing on my computers clock at the bottom of my screen.   

angel_k

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
I got the email as well.  I only have one picture.  I hope that's enough.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:36:43 PM »

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
Well dang. Now I'm getting scared cause I haven't gotten it yet :( I hope it is too angel_k for your sake. I took three out of paranoia and I think it's still open on my computer too lol.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
Well dang. Now I'm getting scared cause I haven't gotten it yet :( I hope it is too angel_k for your sake. I took three out of paranoia and I think it's still open on my computer too lol.

Wouldn't worry too much - sounds like they're still going through emails. If you don't hear back by afternoon tomorrow, send the email again and just let them know that you want to make sure that the email was received as you've had friends who have gotten a response back, etc. That will make it sound like you're just concerned (and not being whiny or whatever).

I can't imagine what the email inbox must look like right now.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Thanks! Will do! This is my first experience trying to get badges and I thought I understood how intense the process was going to be until I actually went through it lol. And clearly my anxiety level hasn't dropped since Saturday morning! And there's not much recovery time before the hotel madness. Thank God for the friendly Comic Con vets who are so helpful and informative!

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Here's my thought and hope. What to do think is the actual number of people who recieved the frozen screen... and the number of them who took a screen shot... and the number of those people who took the time to send it in? Perhaps a few hundred? Maybe a thousand or so? That may be on the high side... If CCI sells 125,000 badges, would it be difficult to think that they set aside 1500 badges just in the event that something like this happened? Even still it would not be difficult for them to sell those left over at the resale in May. They clearly antisipated the possibility of a frozen screen. It's right in their directions. I can not see how sending in a print screen could help them fix a problem, but perhaps they will try to accomodate those that had and can prove the problem??? 
When this all pans out, I hope we will all be asking "How many can order?" Will they offer 1 badge per person or will they try to honor the amount of badges we were each trying to purchase.
I was #7447 in line and expected to buy 3 badges. I hope they make an attempt to honor at least 1 of those.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
I did send additional email screen shots directly to epic on Saturday, however here's my email response for my email sent today... a little more generic?

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Comic-Con International is closed until Monday February 18, 2013. Due to the extremely large volume of correspondence, please allow 3 -4 business days for a personalized reply.

Comic-Con 2013 badge sales are closed. The Member ID system will reopen shortly for new registrations.

If you are inquiring about your barcode confirmation, please allow 72 hours for delivery. Comic-Con International will not reply to any inquires regarding barcode confirmations that are sent prior to 72 hours after the end of badge sales. If you have received an "Order Acknowledgement" email, your badge purchase is complete and your barcode confirmation will arrive shortly.

For all inquiries regarding declined credit card transactions, please contact EPIC registration at 980-233-3777.

Thank you for your patience and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Attendee Registration Customer Service
Comic-Con International / WonderCon / APE

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
Possible they have multiple generic responses and gave you the "wrong" one. It sounded more like the response to any other random question.

Offline supreme126

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:06 AM »
I got the same automated response as soon as I sent in the screen shot. Then I go the second email yesterday.

I think they are just sifting through the all the emails I am sure they got after the problems on Saturday.

angel_k

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 06:29:47 AM »
I got the same automated response as soon as I sent in the screen shot. Then I go the second email yesterday.

I think they are just sifting through the all the emails I am sure they got after the problems on Saturday.

Yeah, same.  I got both generic replies.  I'm not sure what they plan on doing with these, but I do appreciate that they seem to be taking their time to be going through the emails and looking at what happened instead of being like "sucks for you."  My group is pretty depressed right now, but this is giving us a little glimmer of hope.  Totally not counting on a miracle, though.

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
When this all pans out, I hope we will all be asking "How many can order?" Will they offer 1 badge per person or will they try to honor the amount of badges we were each trying to purchase.
I was #7447 in line and expected to buy 3 badges. I hope they make an attempt to honor at least 1 of those.

That's a good question...if they do decide to do a mini re-sale for those with the frozen screen.  I let them know in my e-mail to them that I was trying to purchase a junior badge for my daughter and one for my friend (I already have mine from the pre-sale).  Will they only allow 1 per frozen screen customer or more...or are we just out of luck on this whole thing?!

Yeah, same.  I got both generic replies.

I sent my screen shots to both Comic-Con and to Epic...so far have only received the one generic response from Comic-Con.  Not too worried though as I'm guessing they have many to go through and it will take awhile to sort it all out and figure out exactly what they're going to do. 

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
I wonder if they'll differentiate any between the people w/ a frozen queue screen versus the white screen since a screenshot on a white screen doesn't tell you anything at all but it was just as big an issue.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:07 AM »
I am not sure if anyone else noticed, but when I finally went and refreshed my white screen of death about 11am PST and after all badges were announced as sold out, I held the F5 button and the waiting room page appeared with my number in line. While holding the button, I took a screen shot of that with the number and showing the last page refresh which was at 10:01:30 PT or better known as 9:01:30 PST. When I released the F5 button I went to the "waiting room is full page". So that is what I submitted. As with others, it infuriates me that those that followed CCI's directions "what ever you do do not refresh the waiting room" were left out and those that did not follow the directions and gambled on hitting the refresh button were rewarded with the waiting room and a message that warned them not to refresh again. If I had know there was a warning, I would have hit the refresh buttom early on. CCI should have posted there would be a 1 time warning before you would be sent to the back of the line. That would have changed the whole process and who got the badges.

Please Please CCI, please let us know that you set aside a good number of badges in the event that something like this happened. Please reward your true fans. Please do not penalize us for following the directions. Fingers crossed.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »
Please Please CCI, please let us know that you set aside a good number of badges in the event that something like this happened. Please reward your true fans. Please do not penalize us for following the directions. Fingers crossed.

I don't think any badges were set aside. Anything available would be the refunds from upgrades and anyone submitting request for refunds.

I think what they can and maybe will do is break up all the badges that were refunded for either reason into single days and do a special sale of that to make more badges available.

Not everyone that got into queue hit the refresh button so it wasn't a matter of following or not following instructions.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
People who sent in screenshots as instructed...
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »
....that I was trying to purchase a junior badge for my daughter ...

If you don't mind me asking, when exactly did your DD turn 13?  Was it after aug 1st 2012?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5