Author Topic: CCI 2012 Badge Resales  (Read 25883 times)

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »
This is the email I got last week.  Sorry for posting it so late.  Thanks for all of your help and info!

Thank you so much for your feedback. As we are well aware, badge sales on March 3 rd did not proceed as we had hoped. All of us at Comic-Con have been working on trying to make registration as stress free as possible, even delaying badge sales to accommodate new and updated information. Obviously we still had issues that resulted in some people not being able to purchase a badge.

Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale. You must have a valid and confirmed Member ID account to receive this notification. It is imperative that you do not "opt-out" of email correspondence if you want to receive this special resale email. Since the Member ID system is currently open for users that have already signed up, please login and check your preferences to make sure you are Opted In to receive e-mails from us. After you login, click on “Show My Info”, from there you will be able to change/see your preferences. Follow this link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Additionally, we have marked this email for notification of the special resale date. Please anticipate hearing from us shortly after WonderCon ends, March 19th 2012. We understand that you are very frustrated and disappointed by the errors that occurred on March 3rd, and are trying to come up with a resolution that is fair and reasonable. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Nate

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
Interesting. So it seems like you get put on a special list if you wrote them an e-mail to complain. (I wonder if it's too late for me to do the same.)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 07:00:14 PM »

Offline Nate

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
Morganville, what e-mail address did you submit your complaint to? I sent one to [email protected], but I just received an auto-reply that stated there would be no waiting lists or notification lists.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6141
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
the other email address is [email protected]

sounds like a case of two different departments approaching the same problem differently.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Morganville, what e-mail address did you submit your complaint to? I sent one to [email protected], but I just received an auto-reply that stated there would be no waiting lists or notification lists.

Nate, I sent it to [email protected]  I don't think I'll get a special email because I voiced a concern, but since I have a member I'd.  Also, I think it as addressed to me that way because I got a "notification of sale" email and my husband didn't.  Both of our opt out options are not checked (I checked last week). 

Just y theory.  Either way, I know they are overwhelmed and trying to find some plausible solution.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
It's like I said previously, I am very happy with the candor that I have received from the higher-ups, to the point where I am willing to partake in this gamble more than once for the chance to get tickets.

It kind of sucks that I am only able to go one day, but I'm just happy to know that they are trying to make it both larger and more efficient.

Offline Nate

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
OK, so I got the same reply as Morganville, so that makes me happy.

I was really irate about this situation before (not in the e-mail; that was polite, of course; beggars can't be abusers), and I wasn't too happy with the hand-washing tone of their public response to the screw-up, but like Andrew, I'm pleased that at least their e-mails have a little more candor. It does give me some hope. All I ask for is a fair chance at whatever badges are left. (At this point, I'd be happy with just one day.)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
In case you missed it...

Posted by CCI on the FB page:

"Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale. You must already have a valid and confirmed Member ID account to receive this notification. It is important that you do not "opt-out" of email correspondence if you want to receive this special resale email. Please login to your Member ID account to review your opt-out preferences and make changes as necessary. Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login​cci_reg_memberid.php for details. "

My guess (100% pure speculation) is that there will be 2 resells. The first "priority/special" resale is for those that already have Member IDs. Would assume these are badges that have been refunded as of now (either from the pre-reg or the sale from a couple weeks ago). My friend had to refund the badge I got for him at pre-reg due to family. I doubt that badge went into the general sale on 3/3.  The second resale would be after the 5/15 refund cutoff date which allows for Member ID reg to be reopened so that would be open for everyone and include any remaining inventory (or maybe go into hotel combos?).

Either way, this is a good reminder to make sure you opt IN to receive email notifications. Good luck!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline icedog1787

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »
CCI hasn't posted if member ID's will open up again and they shouldn't open up again for 2012.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6141
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
CCI hasn't posted if member ID's will open up again and they shouldn't open up again for 2012.

the member id system is open for current member's to check their opt in/out status.  Perhaps you're voicing an opinion about if cci should open up the system to new Member id's?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline gingerjenjen

• Sails Pavilion
  • coat of a brownish colour
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »

I'm fairly certain that CCI has written that Member ID will reopen in 4 to 5 weeks (as of last week or so), though I could be wrong on that.

Either way, I'm also thinking they'll do two resales. A lot of the wording in CCI's communications points in that direction. I like the idea of two resales, but I don't like the idea that there will probably be fewer tickets up for grabs if they split the sale. Either way, I'm happy to see them trying to make things better for their fans.  :)

Offline icedog1787

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »

I'm fairly certain that CCI has written that Member ID will reopen in 4 to 5 weeks (as of last week or so), though I could be wrong on that.

Either way, I'm also thinking they'll do two resales. A lot of the wording in CCI's communications points in that direction. I like the idea of two resales, but I don't like the idea that there will probably be fewer tickets up for grabs if they split the sale. Either way, I'm happy to see them trying to make things better for their fans.  :)

CCI has never said member ID's for this year would open up again.

Offline gingerjenjen

• Sails Pavilion
  • coat of a brownish colour
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »

CCI has never said member ID's for this year would open up again.

In an email from SDCC: "We anticipate reopening the Member ID system in 4-5 weeks. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login frequently for updates." It was posted a few pages back as well.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a resale, especially if it's just for those with Member IDs.  :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 8446
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »
In an email from SDCC: "We anticipate reopening the Member ID system in 4-5 weeks. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login frequently for updates." It was posted a few pages back as well.

I think that can be interpreted in different ways. For example, I would say that RIGHT NOW the Member ID system is 'open', because you can login and check/change your information.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
I just hope that I'll at least get a shot at getting tickets for my friends. We were all supposed to go, but I was only able to get a pass for myself.

What I'm looking for is for all of us to at least go on the same day, but if I could get us all 4 day passes, that would be nice too. :P