Author Topic: CCI 2012 Badge Resales  (Read 33019 times)

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
Okay, so, like many others that followed what the "powers that be" at SDCC said, I got almost completely frozen out of the system by the faulty link.
That being said, I am not giving up hope yet. What I was wondering was when the resale date for the returned/refunded tickets would be. Now that I know that you don't actually HAVE to follow the link that they give you to get there, I'm more prepared to get the ticket that I ACTUALLY want.
If any of you guys have heard anything, please let me know.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:47:42 AM by Zero »

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Exhibit Hall
Re: Badge Resale
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Sorry you didn't get tickets.  A pain I know from last year.  Thankfully, I lucked out.  I had a browser opened to the link and just hit refresh right when it opened.  Even still, I was 5000th in line. 

Since nothing can be refunded past May 15th... I'm guessing a short time after that is when the resale will occur.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:35:59 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
<snip>  I had a browser opened to the link and just hit refresh right when it opened.  Even still, I was 5000th in line. 

yeah, i had run some tests the night before on which was faster, clicking on a link in an email or refreshing it in a browser- the browser was fractional faster.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline kornkid22

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
was lucky enough to get thursday/Sunday.  i just need to get Friday and Saturday and i'll be golden!  but it sucks that they didn't tell us that there was another link at the main site itself.  oh well.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
i did not realize CCI didn't post the 'work around'
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
I don't really want a four day badge or anything (I did at first, but then my group of friends that I was going with decided that it may be just as much fun to hit two days of Comic Con and two days of Disneyland), but I would at least like to get a Saturday ticket to go with my Sunday (and both of those tickets for the rest of the people in my group, seeing as how when I went to register for them, all the badges were sold out.)

Mostly, I just want to sort of "cheat", and do the onsite Pre-reg if they have it this year (here's hoping). I once slept in subzero temperatures for a week, I'm pretty sure I can handle a little concrete.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Oh, also, if you guys have any tips for badge purchasing (more than the "Helpful Tips" guide, I mean), that would be helpful. I mean, I ran the tests the night before, I did some rather complicated (like, srsly) math to figure out the exact network lag of my internet on my clock so that I could maximize my chances of clicking the link right when it opened (I still maintain that I did, but the stupid link would not OPEN), I even memorized all the information that my friends gave me so that I could register us all at once.

Anyway, yeah, sorry for rambling. Any tips?

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Andrew. For me, the opposite happened. I tried to be clever and copied and pasted the link in a separate browser (Google Chrome) and got timed out. After 4 minutes past 8am PST I panicked and clicked back onto the email link (I use Gmail) and ended up getting into the EPIC reg queue at #14800. I believe it was about 8.05am. The queue numbers went down by a thousand each auto-refresh and by the time I got in to buy tickets all 4 days were still available (no preview night though.)

Since the deadline for refunds is 15 May there will definitely be another resale after that date. I've also read on other fan discussions that SDCC used to have hotel and ticket packages that may launch closer to the Convention date so you might want to try those?

I also find this website pretty useful and informative: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All the best getting those tickets!

P.S. Sleeping in sub zero - power to you, bro. One time my heater broke down when it was 50 °F and the next day I was admitted to the hospital. :(

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
I will only go off topic this once, I swear, but truthfully, I think that if we ever met dogberry, we would get along quite nicely.    ;D

More info about the Hotel/Badge packages would be amazing, as money is not a terrible issue for my friends and I (I mean, obviously it would be if one room was like, $1000/night).

And thanks for the tips, will read.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »
Hmm, I read that SDCC did that hotel+badge package last year here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is the 2011 SDCC page that had the promotion for your reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There is no confirmation that they will do it for 2012. The official site states: "PLEASE NOTE: These rooms will not be eligible for the Hotel Room/Badge program we have had in past years should we decide to have that program again." --> This isn't an outright no either, so keep your hopes up!

P.S. If you do get tickets, there's always a chance for a meet up! Good luck with the tickets.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
Does anyone know how fast the Hotel Room/Badge packages usually sell out? I remember reading somewhere that last year it took a matter of days before all the rooms were filled.

Also, how likely does anyone think it is that this will be the case this year? ;)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 07:03:03 PM »
Last year it definitely took awhile... maybe a week or two? Of course, there is *no guarantee* that SDCC will offer this package this year. This year they did the early bird sale which is new. It is entirely possible that this is INSTEAD of the room/badge sale. So don't *count* on this.

The resale badges tend to go as quickly as the regular badges, but the advantage is that there are fewer people trying to get them, so you have a etter chance for a good waiting room position. Take all of the lessons you learned during this round of badge sales and apply them to the resale event.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »
So, does anyone know the rules for Badge Resale? How many can we buy, when will they tell us, etc?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
Last year you could buy 2 badges and they gave an hour's notice on Twitter and Facebook. The sale took place a couple of days after the refund deadline.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
Is that, a couple of badges like two single day badges, or a badge for two people? Are those two options not mutually exclusive? The reason for asking is because there are three people in my group, all of which who at least want to go one day (as it stands, I am the only one who was able to get a badge at all).