Author Topic: CCI 2012 Badge Resales  (Read 33020 times)

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Badge Resale
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »
do you have the member id link?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
do you have the member id link?

It's the same as it was before:

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:38:02 AM »

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
i always followed the links on the cci site- i never saved it
thanks!

it does appear that a person can change their opt in/out status at this time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:46:42 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »
It looks like they are going a bit faster than they had planned with getting ready for the re-sale.  The login for member ID updates seems to be up again.  Crossing my fingers.  Thank you for the updates!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
So, I have news. According to the email that I received back from The Powers That Be, "We anticipate reopening the Member ID system in 4-5 weeks. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login frequently for updates."

They also said: "We are unable to accept a waiting list to be notified of the resale date. The resale date will be announced via email to everyone who has signed up for a Member ID. Please be sure to check your Member ID account and select the “Show My Info” option to see if you are currently opted-out email correspondence.  It is very important that you opt-in to all email correspondence if you want to be notified of the next resale date."

So, they will allow those that did not previously have Member ID's to participate in the resale. That sucks, but what can you do. I just figure as long as I can get my friends and I all on the same days, then we can just go to Disneyland or something on the days that we aren't at the Con.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »
Andrew, I'm not sure that's what it says. You posted:

The resale date will be announced via email to everyone who has signed up for a Member ID.

This does NOT imply that they are opening up Member IDs again or that they will allow others to participate. I think there's a very good chance they won't open up new Member IDs again until after the Cono.

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
it does appear that a person can change their opt in/out status at this time.

Thanks!!!  Will check on that now.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
I got another reply, but this time it does not contain any information that is not readily available (if available at all).

Basically, they are being extremely tight-lipped about the resale procedure. They said that they will send the email out sometime in the future containing the details for the resale (date, time, procedure, etc.) and that, until such time as this happens, there is no official statement to be made on the matter.

They did however say that there is a good chance (unofficially) that we (as the buyers) will be able to use another persons member ID to get their tickets at the same time that we get ours, that being said, they won't say if there is a limit or not.

I know that this is probably not what everyone wanted to hear, but in this case, any news is good news, as it will give us all a little more information to help us prepare.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
If they're being tight-lipped about it, then that probably means they're still deciding on the process. Although even if they'd decided on the process, I'd expect them to be tight-lipped about the date/time.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »
Yeah, I guess that's only fair. What isn't fair though, is how I am going to wipe the floor with the rest of the contenders!  ;)

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
So, I've been thinking (uh oh, right?), and I'm kind of wondering: because the badges sold out SO FAST, do you all think that it is possible that more badges will have been refunded simply by grace of the fact that people were in such a mad dash to get them in the first place that they didn't bother to make sure that they were able to go, figuring that it was better to be safe than sorry?

I just say this because I have been doing research and, based on what I can only guess was a badge buying disaster last year, there were roughly 1500 4 day badges, and a smattering of single days as well. And those were done in intervals throughout the day.

So, anyway, what do you think?

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 04:40:17 AM »
*very fuzzy math alert*

i think they'll be more badges for sale but maybe not for he reason's you wrote about.  last year they did a combo deal of hotel & badge in june ish.  This year they're selling those rooms as 'early bird' rooms so they will have to do less combo deals later one & can add those badges to the re-sale pile.

from personal experience, there was only single days left during last years resale & no saturdays by the time i got in. but i was medium fast that day

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:08 AM »
I would be inclined to think there would be LESS badges at the re-sale because the people who took the time to make a Member ID are more likely to go plus it was (hopefully) not as easy for the scalpers to get involved.

Last year "anyone" could pick up a badge so between the scalpers and people who weren't sure but picked up a badge anyways only to change their minds, there was a good amount refunded...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline icedog1787

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
I hope there's less badges available for re-sale and that it sells out in a few minutes so we can move forward to SDCC.

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
I hope there's less badges available for re-sale and that it sells out in a few minutes so we can move forward to SDCC.

Not very nice.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe