Author Topic: Upgrading Pre-Reg Badges in General Reg  (Read 10501 times)

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
Re: Upgrading Pre-Reg Badges in General Reg
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »
Even with this new system, I don't think they're going to block anyone who didn't get preview night from trying again.

However, I do think they'll stick with the system where if you have Saturday in your pocket by the end of general, you can't try again during resale.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2014, 05:12:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
However, I do think they'll stick with the system where if you have Saturday in your pocket by the end of general, you can't try again during resale.

That would certainly make sense, and be consistent with prior years.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 12:23:11 AM »

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »
I'd like to try for PN, but I am pretty happy with the 4 day. 

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »
The reallly good news for Comiccon is that this new single day system is going to cut back on the number of refunds they process. Previously people who got like a thursday and Sunday and then upgraded to a 4-day badge had to get their thursday and sunday refunded after the sale, right? Now they won't need to do that, they'll just add on the missing days.

Could this mean the end of the June resale?

I don't think so. People actually do cancel their badges and get refunds, so there will still be some to sell.

As far as the coding goes, in the past, if you tried to upgraded during the general sale, it already knew which kind of badge you had, because it was tied to your member ID. So it would already know you had 4 days. I don't think think is a big deal, but then, I'm not a programmer.

One thing to consider if you plan on upgrading your badge-- They are now charging a 10% handling fee for processing any refunds.

From the Barcode email that many of us received today--

"REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS:

If you cannot attend Comic-Con 2014, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for instructions on how to submit a refund request form. All refunds will be subject to a 10% handling fee and requests must be submitted before May 23, 2014.  Your Comic-Con badge purchase is non-refundable after May 23, 2014."

I'm assuming that upgrading would be subject to this fee (though I may be wrong). So if you upgrade a 4-day badge w/o PN, to one that does, the fee would be $16.50.

That's what I was thinking .. you could buy PN separately. Unless you have to buy it at the same time as stated earlier? You shouldn't have to refund your prior badge?

CCI posted the 2014 Refund Request Form

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (AzT or someone else could add the text?? The snips may be Tapatalk friendly, but not quote friendly.)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
Eh, it isn't worth it to me to pay the refund fee in addition the PN badge price to try to upgrade. I'd rather have it as spending money.

Offline annaatcci

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2014, 03:30:39 AM »
Eh, it isn't worth it to me to pay the refund fee in addition the PN badge price to try to upgrade. I'd rather have it as spending money.
Thought I read on here that they were not going to charge the refund fee this year after all, or was that only for people who got there volunteer badges that had already bought a badge(s)?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »
Thought I read on here that they were not going to charge the refund fee this year after all, or was that only for people who got there volunteer badges that had already bought a badge(s)?

It's for all refunds, regardless if you will be a volunteer or not.  I'll post it again...

Here's an update on the refund policy:

According to the Comic-Con 2014 badge confirmation e-mails, it is stated that there will be a 10 percent handling fee for any refunded badges, but on the official policy page for badge refunds and cancellations (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) as well as the refund request form (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), there is no mention of the 10 percent handling fee.

I reached out to CCI at [email protected], and this is what they had to say:
"Thank you for your email.  Due to the discrepancy of the information provided, we will not be charging the 10% handling fee this year."

There you have it, folks!  In the event that you need to refund your badge(s) up until the May 23rd, 2014 deadline, you will get a full refund.  Next year, based on CCI's reply, it looks like they might charge the 10 percent handling fee though.

Hope that helps anyone out! ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:56 AM »

Alright, for those who got in as volunteers (and if you need to refund your Comic-Con 2014 badge), here's an update on the refund policy:

According to the Comic-Con 2014 badge confirmation e-mails, it is stated that there will be a 10 percent handling fee for any refunded badges, but on the official policy page for badge refunds and cancellations (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) as well as the refund request form (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), there is no mention of the 10 percent handling fee.

I reached out to CCI at [email protected], and this is what they had to say:
"Thank you for your email.  Due to the discrepancy of the information provided, we will not be charging the 10% handling fee this year."

There you have it, folks!  In the event that you need to refund your badge(s) up until the May 23rd, 2014 deadline, you will get a full refund.  Next year, based on CCI's reply, it looks like they might charge the 10 percent handling fee though.

Hope that helps anyone out! ^__~

Zero's text.  Thanks for asking about the refunds. Yeah!! No fee this year.

It's for all refunds, regardless if you will be a volunteer or not.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:36:23 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:44 AM »
@Sam: Ha ha. ;p  You posted too fast for me to add in what I wrote in the other thread (before you posted it).

*laughs*

No problem.  It was odd when I found the discrepancies, so of course, I just had to ask.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2014, 03:53:39 AM »
@Sam: Ha ha. ;p  You posted too fast for me to add in what I wrote in the other thread (before you posted it).

*laughs*

No problem.  It was odd when I found the discrepancies, so of course, I just had to ask.  ^__~

You're good Zero! Hey, CCI had a chance to recoup, I guess they knew we'd rise up and demand our refund money back!

Hey, Zero?!!

You still got that General thread to post, I was gonna run over there and post under Jeffa's, but...

If I could predict Mass Psychology accurately, I'd make enough money to have them name the Convention Center after me. ::)

...Jeffa can start saving from the refund fee!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:57:21 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2014, 04:01:35 AM »
You're good Zero! Hey, CCI had a chance to recoup, I guess they knew we'd rise up and demand our refund money back!

Hey, Zero?!!

You still got that General thread to post, I was gonna run over there and post under Jeffa's, but...

...Jeffa can start saving from the refund fee!

Hahahahahaha, posting it again might be overkill for now.  Maybe I can do so in week's time.  ("In a week's time?!"  Sounds so stuffy and formal, don't you think?  Ha ha.)

Someone was bound to notice it eventually, but I'm glad that we could get the scoop before it could cause any worry.  ^__~  There are enough things about Comic-Con to fret over already! 

*laughs*

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »
Zero, that's an awesome scoop! I'm glad CCI came to their senses this year! And next year people will know in advance about the refund charge.