Author Topic: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?  (Read 19894 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »
I picked Sept 27th. (Luckily, I'll be on a late shift for a couple weeks during that time until 6am).

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
I think it's going to be on September 6th which is right after the first ... and when SLCC is happening.    >:D
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:59:02 PM »

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it's going to be on September 6th which is right after the first ... and when SLCC is happening.    >:D

LOL!!!! I want this to happen. But I also don't want this to happen, because I'm gonna be in a bit of trouble if I show up to my event late if it happens on the 6th. LOL

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
I just E-mailed SDCCI and I begged them not to hold prereg anytime during the dates of Oct. 9-12 when New York Comic Con is going on.  I decided I won't complain if they decide to hold prereg the week after New York Comic Con, even though I'll still be in New York then.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2014, 06:18:48 AM »
to my mind the weekend of NYCC is just behind the weekend of LaborDay as not gonna happen.  just my opinion of course but cci is aware of folks sched-

iow, i think we're safe that weekend, just like on laborday.  I mean, i some cci folks may even attend nycc  :)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
I'm not sure this is a 'game changer', but it might weed out a few people who do not pay attention and input their verification codes during the limited window of time.

I'm very interested to see what happens with this Preregistration Code Verification.  I agree with TJ --- I figured we'd need the code during the actual sale, so having a separate step like this could make a big difference.  And it makes me even more confident the sale will be in September!

TOO FUNNY!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »
I'm very interested to see what happens with this Preregistration Code Verification.

Me too! Are they just adding hurdles to weed out people who didn't attend/are waffling about going next year or do they have something else in mind? Why wouldn't they just use the badge code as the code to get into the pre-reg waiting room? I'm curious to see what their motivation is.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
Me too! Are they just adding hurdles to weed out people who didn't attend/are waffling about going next year or do they have something else in mind? Why wouldn't they just use the badge code as the code to get into the pre-reg waiting room? I'm curious to see what their motivation is.

At least we won't have to wait long to find out, on 8/7 they said "in the next couple weeks" and I'm taking them at their word!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
I'm very interested to see what happens with this Preregistration Code Verification.  I agree with TJ --- I figured we'd need the code during the actual sale, so having a separate step like this could make a big difference.  And it makes me even more confident the sale will be in September!

TOO FUNNY!!!

The Preregistration Code Verification process likely won't be a new rabbit trick or hurdle, rather a re-appropriation of a past verification process (Talk like that after eating Cinnamon CHEX cereal lol!).

Last year, we saw that green lettering on August 9th "Comic-Con 2014 Preregistration Eligibility" in our Member ID boxes (so about 18 days after SDCC 2013 ended), so CCI does seem to like to move fast with notices for the next year.

That Badge ID code (10 characters) looks similar to that olde Member ID temporary code issued in 2011 (the year of last onsite sales).  The part I like to offer is the possible time frame in that email received on 11/4/2011:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah, it'll hopefully be a much, much smaller window.

(edit 8/09) On 12/1/11 Date extended to 12/09/11 CCI forum link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(edit 8/10: Sunday morning recipe for preregistration!)

So if the date's that important to CCI already...

If your child (age 12 or under at November 1, 2013) attending SDCC in 2014 with a child badge, but will be 13 or older as of August 1, 2014, they can participate in online pre-registration.

As per the back of my child's badge for 2014:

Children who will be age 13 on or prior to August 1, 2014 must KEEP THIS BADGE to participate in online preregistration for Comic-Con 2015. Do not sell, share, or give away this badge as it contains important information you will need for badge preregistration. Visit the link below AFTER August 15, 2014, for additional details.

The link given is:

So hold onto those child badges!

and CCI gets enough folks registered to make random selection "PR feasible" + 1 week of extension only.

topped off with a heaping of hope for "* Subject to change. Registration events may occur shortly before or after the timeframes provided here. All official date and time notifications will be sent via email to the address associated with your Member ID account."

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:20:21 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

Your Comic-Con 2012 badge registration is not complete until you register for a Member ID. You will have 4 weeks to complete your online Member ID registration. Member ID registration for 2012 pre-registered attendees will close December 2, 2011. You will receive your barcode confirmation from EPIC

Yeah, it'll hopefully be a much, much smaller window.

FOUR WEEKS?!?!?  I think that's a bit much!  I agree, a smaller window is the hope!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »
I'm curious about the refund fee if it will be enforced for 2015. I know of a couple of people who are planning on trying to get badges but not sure yet if they will be able to attend. But I can see their point I'd rather have it than not.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Distantsoil

• Sails Pavilion
  • 4000 miles from home and still traveling
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 04:58:07 PM »
Since they're a non profit obviously the risk of loosing valuable money is there, but I would have thought given how hard it is to get tickets it would be very unlikely that there are no-shows bar a few
If only there was a way Hall H could somehow fit more people

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
I'd love for it to be in early September to get it over and done with - especially if they're just using the same system they did earlier this year.

But I'm not used to things being that cut and dry - I feel like it could easily drag into October. I'm out of town for a few weekends over the upcoming months, so fingers crossed I can get a decent connection somewhere if it's announced for September 13th, September 27th, or October 18th.

Just tried logging into my account but it looks like the system is offline for the time being:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:14:45 PM by Nancy »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2014, 05:11:22 PM »
oh carp... here we go...
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Distantsoil

• Sails Pavilion
  • 4000 miles from home and still traveling
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
Maybe? But I'm reading it as the "verification period" will open when they send this email, in a "couple of weeks". I think they'll then give us a week or two to verify before actual pre-registration. I'm still betting September.

My only concern is that pre-registration period will be very short, and very limited and that we would end up with a number of people who just didn't get pre-registered because the slots were all taken / tickets sold
If only there was a way Hall H could somehow fit more people