Author Topic: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?  (Read 19899 times)

Offline zedword

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 42
Re: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. *muppetflail*

Yzrfan

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »

My only concern is that pre-registration period will be very short, and very limited and that we would end up with a number of people who just didn't get pre-registered because the slots were all taken / tickets sold
pre-registration isn't a guaranteed badge. A lot of us could only score Thursday and Sunday badges.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 01:20:43 AM »

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
When do you think Pre-reg will occur?
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »
~50k pre reg badges available. ~90k people trying to get badges. Each "winner" of the waiting room lottery can buy 3 badges. First 17k people to get in will purchase all the badges.

Summary, we only need 1/3rd of our mega group to get in to purchase badges, but last time we had over 1/2 that got in and badge slots went to waste

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
My only concern is that pre-registration period will be very short, and very limited and that we would end up with a number of people who just didn't get pre-registered because the slots were all taken / tickets sold

it's my understanding that everyone who attended would be able to verify their badge & therefore be eligible for pre-reg.  The next questions is how long will the verification period be. 

I can full well believe that there will be a fair amt of folks who will not verify due to 'not knowing abt the rule change' etc.  I don't think that will be a problem for most of the folks on this board however.

next hurdle is the lottery
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »
A lot of good points raised here.

The member ID system going down could mean anything... but one of those things could be this 'pre-registration validation'. The Member ID system was open as recently as Friday (I logged in to check if there were any messages about pre-reg, and there weren't). Going down *could* mean that they are preparing for pre-reg. They always say that the 'system will go down without notice' before something happens to do with badge registration.

I agree that there will be people who miss the pre-registration validation, because they are not aware of the process. Even if CCI sends out an email to everyone explaining the process, there will still be those who don't read the email and/or don't do it by the deadline. As a case in point, there were so many people last year who shared their 'reg codes' to login to the waiting room for pre-reg and general reg, because they hadn't read the instructions and thought that multiple people could login using the same code.

And I completely agree, Alyssa, that no one here will be taken unawares, because we help each other out and post the information, and because the people who post here are generally the 'planner' types who will be checking the forums regularly for the latest updates.

Offline zedword

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »

I agree that there will be people who miss the pre-registration validation, because they are not aware of the process. Even if CCI sends out an email to everyone explaining the process, there will still be those who don't read the email and/or don't do it by the deadline. As a case in point, there were so many people last year who shared their 'reg codes' to login to the waiting room for pre-reg and general reg, because they hadn't read the instructions and thought that multiple people could login using the same code.

And then some will vent angrily on social media...  And many more who aren't eligible for preregistration will join in the crazy...  Sigh.  I feel for CCI already...

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
And then some will vent angrily on social media...  And many more who aren't eligible for preregistration will join in the crazy...  Sigh.  I feel for CCI already...

There will always be the crazy, demanding people out there who do not pay attention. I agree, it gives me a headache.

That's why I like this site so much. ;)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
Member ID back up, no changes. If you need to make changes, do so before Member ID goes back down :) 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:54:57 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline tehlilone

• Ballroom 20
  • It's pronounced "the lil one" ^_^
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »
I voted the 30th just because it'd be interesting if SDCC wanted to screw everyone over for labor day ;D

Yzrfan

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 10:30:53 PM »
I'll say Black Friday

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 11:52:54 PM »
I fully expect the badge ID input to occur in September, followed by pre - Reg in October

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
I voted the 30th just because it'd be interesting if SDCC wanted to screw everyone over for labor day ;D
Waaaaa! I will be at Dragon Con! So mean! Oh well-at least I will be at Dragon Con.

Actually-they had pre-reg while we were at Dallas Comic Con Fan Days last year. So-it would nothing new for us.
Ang

Offline UntrueBeliever

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
I picked October 4th solely because its my birthday & getting badges would be the best birthday present ever.
Rocket Raccoon is my spirit animal.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2014, 09:28:59 PM »
Okay, I'm getting a bit put out at this waiting game for pre-reg validation.  On 8/7 they said "within a couple weeks" and their time is up!  If they do it by the 28th I'm willing to round down to "a couple" but anything after that becomes "a month".  Just sayin'.  Not to mention the poll will be invalid soon... ;)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
I fully expect the badge ID input to occur in September, followed by pre - Reg in October

I agree with this and would narrow the badge input to the end of September (or later). Since they mentioned pre-registration would occur this fall, I don't expect them to close any required steps before September 22. I realize that some people use the term "fall" loosely, but saying pre-reg will occur this fall and then holding it before the real start of fall could anger a lot of people, including me. While SDCC registration is complicated these days, I've noticed that when it comes to registration issues CCI has always erred on the side of not misleading people.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:53:20 PM by hikanteki »
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15