Author Topic: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?  (Read 19885 times)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: When do you think Pre-reg will occur?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know. They said that pre-reg would occur in the fall, not that pre-reg verification would not close until then.

This is true, but it would be disingenuous to mention that pre-registration will occur in fall & then close required steps before then, even if pre-registration doesn’t technically occur until after the date.

I know you've expressed your conviction that "fall" doesn't begin until 9/22, but this discussion has happened before on the boards... I can't remember exactly, but didn't CCI specify "spring" for something and then it happened in March but before the equinox? I feel like CCI operates on kindergarten seasons (i.e., three months each, counted by the month), rather than astronomy seasons...

Yes, IIRC last spring it happened the week before the official start of Spring. I did not read that particular discussion but if I did I would have presented the same argument that I am presenting now. If they operate on kindergarten seasons, then I guess they do but I think that’s misleading. “Astronomy seasons” are what is deemed official. For instance, when you google “when is the first day of fall,” you get 9/23; you don’t get a listing of when a bunch of schools start.

Yes, and CCI also included a caveat on the announcement that 'fall' and 'spring' may not fall into the actual 'calendar' dates of those seasons... which is exactly what happened with general reg last 'spring'.

Where is the caveat? I found where it says "Subject to change. Registration events may occur shortly before or after the timeframes provided here,” which seems fair enough.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
Where is the caveat? I found where it says "Subject to change. Registration events may occur shortly before or after the timeframes provided here,” which seems fair enough.

It is in the fine print/footnotes of this page:

And this is the footnote, for reference:

* Subject to change. Registration events may occur shortly before or after the timeframes provided here. All official date and time notifications will be sent via email to the address associated with your Member ID account.

So when they say 'Fall' or 'Spring', they are leaving themselves an out if it is slightly earlier or later than those 'timeframes'.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 07:57:58 AM »

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »
It is in the fine print/footnotes of this page:

And this is the footnote, for reference:

* Subject to change. Registration events may occur shortly before or after the timeframes provided here. All official date and time notifications will be sent via email to the address associated with your Member ID account.

So when they say 'Fall' or 'Spring', they are leaving themselves an out if it is slightly earlier or later than those 'timeframes'.

Yes, that was what I quoted in my previous post. But I was wondering where they mentioned that "'fall' and 'spring' may not fall into the actual 'calendar' dates of those seasons.” Unless that was simply inferred by the above generic disclaimer.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:05:05 PM by hikanteki »
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
But I was wondering where they mentioned that "'fall' and 'spring' may not fall into the actual 'calendar' dates of those seasons.” Unless that was simply inferred by the above generic disclaimer.

Yes, that was what I was presuming they meant.

Offline ComicGirl

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 119
When do you think Pre-reg will occur?
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »
I think the disclaimer is pretty clear. They are aiming for "Fall" and "Spring" respectively, but it could happen before or after those timeframes. It's stupid to hold a registration event until after the "official" calendar start of any season if they don't have to.  If it's ready, they should launch it, regardless if "Spring" is still 5 days away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
I think the disclaimer is pretty clear. They are aiming for "Fall" and "Spring" respectively, but it could happen before or after those timeframes. It's stupid to hold a registration event until after the "official" calendar start of any season if they don't have to.  If it's ready, they should launch it, regardless if "Spring" is still 5 days away.

Exactly! Launch it now and save us the stress... ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:30:47 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »
At this point the fall/not-fall argument is likely to be moot anyway, as we've almost hit the end of August and pre-reg verification hasn't started yet. As much as I would like the verification period to be short, I can't imagine it lasting less than a week, so unless it happens immediately now we're going to end up with actual pre-registration pretty close to or after the official beginning of fall.

I'm still hoping the verification happens before then, though. In my opinion, CCI saying that pre-reg will happen in fall does not mean that no required steps will happen before then, just that the actual spinning-circle-of-doom-lottery won't be until then. And it's been more than a "couple weeks" from the Toucan Blog post that referenced verification soon.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
The Front Page was updated: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Removed = on the left column

"COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2014 JULY 24-27, 2014" Changed to "COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2015 will be held 9-12, 2015"

"Click here for Badge Pick-up Info", "Open to Badgeholders", "WED.: 6:00-9:00 PM (Preview Night badgeholders only)", "THURS.-SAT: 9:30 AM- 7:00 PM*", "SUNDAY: 9:30 AM-5:00 PM", "*Extended program and event hours Thursday through Saturday nights" Changed to "MORE INFORMATION IS COMING SOON"

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2014, 11:13:31 AM »
I think this is the first *official* confirmation of the dates, isn't it?

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
the program guide is official. but this is just another area its confirmed. I dont know if this means anything. "soon" is subjective after all.

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:51 AM »
the program guide is official. but this is just another area its confirmed. I dont know if this means anything. "soon" is subjective after all.

The exhibitor application for 2015 also had it listed ages before SDCC and the program guide came out.

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2014, 07:29:32 AM »
Just as long as it doesn't fall on September 27th or December 8th, as I will be taking the LSAT on one of those dates.  Combining the stress of the LSAT and not knowing if I would have badges until after I got out... I think my heart might literally melt.

Offline ComicGirl

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 119
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
Comic-Con 2015 Attendee Preregistration will launch sometime in November 2014. - See more at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
Ugh, November. Still so far away!

Offline mystical althea

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »
Comic-Con 2015 Attendee Preregistration will launch sometime in November 2014. - See more at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Darn.  Another delay in making final plans!  Plus for 5 days the week before Thanksgiving I'll be working a Game Convention.  Please don't let pre-reg happen that week.  PLEEEEEEEEZZZZ!