Author Topic: Badge Sale after May 15th  (Read 41778 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Badge Sale after May 15th
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:25:54 AM »
this thread is for people who still need a badge, maybe just a single day or all 4 days.
I have found that working together can be *very* helpful.  Here's what I suggest;

Identify a group of people who are trustworthy and are willing to work together.

Agree to buy badges for each other & repayment terms

Set up a way of notifying people abt badge activity (emails, badge sale happening etc)

For this to work, everyone needs to be online trying to get a low number.  Assuming there are 12 people and 12 badges needed,  and one low number log on can buy 6 badges than only 2 low number log on's are needed.  But those two people will need support from everyone.  When i was a low number, i had the person I was buying for call me with their credit card. 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Badge Sale after May 15th
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
Here is a email exchange i recently had with CCI;

May 10th,
Hi,
Assuming there is a sale, can you tell me if badges already bought by and individual prior to that sale will be refunded in the eventuality of them getting a four day pass?

In other words, if someone has two single days and buys a four day at the refund sale, will those two singles get refunded? Or will they take a loss?

Thanks!

the response on May 11th,
Hi Alyssa,

That is correct.  If an attendee currently holds single day badges and later purchases a 4day badge at our next badge sale, the single days will be automatically refunded.

Thanks,
*name redacted for privacy issues*

While i'm not absolutely positively sure this is the way it'll be, it sure is good news for those people looking to upgrade!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:19:59 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:20:39 AM »
Oh, that's good news for the people wanting to upgrade and/or are missing days.  Thanks for the update!

^_^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
What a great idea to start a group, Alyssa! That's what we did back in March and it worked out very well for us.

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
I hear this is always looking for new members.  You would have to give a few things up to join them tho
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hear this is always looking for new members.  You would have to give a few things up to join them tho

Yeah, but they're just not into Comic Con, from what I hear.... ;)

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread.  I'm in need of a 4-day with Preview Night junior or adult badge. 
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
Badge Sale after May 15th
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »
I'm up for helping but I'm kind of tied in with doing my best for someone on my UK Attendees Group. I promised I'd help him last badge sell session but I timed out before I got round to him - I'm kind of obligated.
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
if someone wants to manage a group, i can start a start a restricted thread for the purpose to buy badges, which will only be open to the people who are invited.  someone will need to manage it- tho- (bustA...? <grin>)

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
    • FaceBook
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
if someone wants to manage a group, i can start a start a restricted thread for the purpose to buy badges, which will only be open to the people who are invited.  someone will need to manage it- tho- (bustA...? <grin>)

~OK, @Alyssa, you've twisted my pinkie finger  :P  I'll help with managing the group.  Can there be at least one backup person in case I'm otherwise occupied and because of time zone differences?  Never been part of a "badge resales" effort -- how will this work?  I've already set up some @comic_con recipes for ITTT. ~
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:23:39 AM by BustAGroove »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:54:24 AM »
hehe
mostly what's involved is outlined in the op.  I think tho, what's needed now are more people looking for badges....or upgrades. 

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
Never been part of a "badge resales" effort -- how will this work? 

alot of it is just someone taking the initiative to coordinate and getting everyone involved and updating each other.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
    • FaceBook
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »
this thread is for people who still need a badge, maybe just a single day or all 4 days.
I have found that working together can be *very* helpful.  Here's what I suggest;

Identify a group of people who are trustworthy and are willing to work together.

Agree to buy badges for each other & repayment terms

Set up a way of notifying people abt badge activity (emails, badge sale happening etc)

For this to work, everyone needs to be online trying to get a low number.  Assuming there are 12 people and 12 badges needed,  and one low number log on can buy 6 badges than only 2 low number log on's are needed.  But those two people will need support from everyone.  When i was a low number, i had the person I was buying for call me with their credit card.

- Is there an old thread from last year for badge resales?

- I'd use ITTT to notify people about badge sale in progress.

- I'd recommend PayPal or Amazon Payments as agreed method of pre-payment.  If unsuccessful in obtaining badges, the monies can be refunded through PayPal or Amazon Payments.   Personally, because I've had first-hand experience with debit and credit card accounts being compromised (fraud) within a year of each other, I'm uncomfortable in having access to someone else's credit card account information. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:53:24 AM by BustAGroove »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »
If the badge sale occurs on a morning when I'm not at work I'm willing to help by trying to grab a space in the waiting room.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »
- Is there an old thread from last year for badge resales?
No, actually this forum is relatively new, only abt 6months old

- I'd use ITTT to notify people about badge sale in progress.
sounds good

- I'd recommend PayPal or Amazon Payments as agreed method of pre-payment.  If unsuccessful in obtaining badges, the monies can be refunded through PayPal or Amazon Payments.   Personally, because I've had first-hand experience with debit and credit card accounts being compromised (fraud) within a year of each other, I'm uncomfortable in having access to someone else's credit card account information. 
there are few different ways of doing it- the obvious is paypal,  but also don't forget most credit card's have a fraud clause.  Agreed tho that debit cards are in need of the most security.
The one time i was buying for someone else this year, I had them call me & i typed their cc# in without recording it- all the info was sent to them, i didn't even get a receipt from cci saying the transaction took place. But I've had a multi-year acquaintance with that person too.