Author Topic: General Registration 2015 Buying Group Information - ALL GROUPS NOW CLOSED  (Read 22710 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
As with pre-registration, FoCCI is setting up badge-buying groups for SDCC 2015 general registration.

If you were in a pre-registration OR general registration buying group last year for SDCC 2014, OR a pre-registration buying group for SDCC 2015, the following groups will be formed again for 2015 badges:

Transmute Jun/Jopari Group
Omraged9 Group
Batgirl Group
NCDS Group

You should receive a contact from these groups. If you do not, please contact the group leader.

I am waiting to hear from JujubaSD as to whether or not she will be able to run her group again. If she is unable to do so, Louie_Rob has volunteered to step up and take her place. UPDATE Louie_Rob will be taking over JujubaSD's old group and will be contacting all members.

UPDATE  All buying groups are now closed.

Note that to join a buying group, you must be able and willing to join in the general registration badge sale, and also be able and willing to purchase badges for strangers (other people in the group, whom you may not know). If you buy a badge for someone else (or if someone else buys a badge for you) payment should be made immediately (preferably within 24 hours of the badge sale) to the buyer. You should also be willing to share personal information (member ID, last name, email address) with the group, and your phone number with the group leader.

Update - as of November, 2014, a phone number (linked to your member ID) will be required to participate in FoCCI badge-buying groups. This is to protect everyone involved in the group.

Good luck to everyone during the upcoming general registration!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:41:43 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Re: General Registration 2015 Buying Group Information
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
As always, a huge "thank you" for organizing the gen Reg groups!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
Thanks, Alyssa! When I see how many people were helped by the buying groups, I'm just happy to have contributed to all of that. :D

Offline ZappRowzdower

• Sails Pavilion
  • If we can dream it, we can do it
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Thanks Transmute Jun. So to clarify, since I was part of Batgirl's buying group during General Registration last year, am I automatically added to that group this year with the same position?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Transmute Jun. So to clarify, since I was part of Batgirl's buying group during General Registration last year, am I automatically added to that group this year with the same position?

Not sure about position (you'll have to speak to Batgirl regarding how she will set that up) but you should still be part of Batgirl's group, yes.

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »
Since my own small group came up empty last Saturday i am down to one last chance with General reg. and i'd be interested in joining one of these groups if i am going to make it into 2015 which would be my 13th year in a row.

To join, do i just send the group leader a PM?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 05:31:36 PM »
Right now only NCDS' group is open to new people. Please send NCDS a PM to join.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »
I didn't get what I wanted in pre-reg (only managed Thurs/Sun) so I'll be hitting open registration. I was a part of JuJubaSD's group, but I wouldn't mind running a group for newbies; my gf, sister, and brother-in-law will all be attempting to get badges for the first time and I wanted to work with them anyway. I'm familiar with what running the group would entail... so yeah, I'll offer my services if needed!  :)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »
I didn't get what I wanted in pre-reg (only managed Thurs/Sun) so I'll be hitting open registration. I was a part of JuJubaSD's group, but I wouldn't mind running a group for newbies; my gf, sister, and brother-in-law will all be attempting to get badges for the first time and I wanted to work with them anyway. I'm familiar with what running the group would entail... so yeah, I'll offer my services if needed!  :)

Thanks very much, Sidd! That would be very much appreciated! NCDS can only open up to a few people, so if you'd like to commit to running a new group now, then we can get you started.

Let me know if you would like to start now or if you want to wait until NCDS' group is full.

Offline chemgear

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »
Thanks for organizing this, I hope it'll be okay to send a message to NCDS.

I've always been a quiet lurker but appreciate all the discussion and enthusiasm with SDCC. We've been lucky enough to attend the last few years but are worried we might miss out this year.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »
It is always okay to message me :)

Thanks for organizing this, I hope it'll be okay to send a message to NCDS.

I've always been a quiet lurker but appreciate all the discussion and enthusiasm with SDCC. We've been lucky enough to attend the last few years but are worried we might miss out this year.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

That sounds wonderful!  As a member of the forum, thank you for offering.  Your help in running a badge-buying group would be greatly appreciated, and having the experience from seeing how jujubaSD's group worked would give you an idea of what to expect.

If it's a definite "yes," please do coordinate with Transmute in getting all the necessary background information to start up.  This would bring the total to five groups on the forum, which is awesome! ^__^d

Thank you to the current group leaders! <3
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:13 AM »
Guess since I failed at pre-reg I should try and join one of these maybe...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 05:58:57 AM »
Guess since I failed at pre-reg I should try and join one of these maybe...

It would help, really.  The odds are better if you're in a group working together, especially since you'll be competing for badges with a lot more people than in pre-registration. ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Bionic 7

• Room 6BCF
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Liked: 78
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »
Quick question...I already purchased 3 tickets for me and my friends during pre-reg.  Would I still be eligible to participate in general registration to buy for others?  If so I would gladly volunteer my services to a purchase group when tickets go on sale.

To be clear...I would not need any tickets purchased...so would just be an extra body trying to buy for others (even if buying group is full).

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru