Author Topic: 2013 Badge Pre-Regist​ration Survey  (Read 37288 times)

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
Re: 2013 Badge Pre-Regist​ration Survey
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Back in the day, when tickets were easy to get, you would hear more stories about “I know a guy who knows a guy who can get us tickets for free.”  But now?   Not really.  I think that everyone did the same thing and followed the webpage for announcements, followed the rules, and tried like crazy to get tickets.

I think that the conspiracy theories are unfounded that they are posting. 

We should be more concerned with zombie outbreaks than TicketGate…  :)

I do know that they more heavily scrutinized press passes this year and otherwise tightened down so that they could free more passes for 'general' admission. I don't think it is a conspiracy and everything indicates that they do everything they can to make SDCC available to as many people as they can.

It's a tough balancing act -- making sure your 'base' of long time attendees is happy, keeping industry and press happy, AND allowing as many 'new' attendees as you can.

It honestly looks like they do their best to try and keep everyone happy.

Nerd rage is a powerful thing. It's important to respect it but not to overreact either.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2013: ONLINE BADGE PREREGISTRATION

Comic-Con 2013 attendee badges will be available for purchase online through the EPIC registration website in August 2012. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2012 for Comic-Con 2013 badges. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2012 4-day attendee or 1-day attendee badge will be eligible to participate in 2013 online preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online preregistration in August. Open online registration for all categories listed above will occur at a later date.

Those eligible for Comic-Con 2013 online preregistration will be able to purchase up to 3 badges total. You will need a unique Member ID for each badge purchased. Eligible 2012 attendees may purchase badges for other eligible 2012 attendees, but they will not be allowed to purchase badges for those who did not attend Comic-Con 2012 or for any of the ineligible categories above.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2012, via e-mail, with the date, time, and link for online badge preregistration. The notification will be sent to the e-mail associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to e-mail correspondence to receive the preregistration badge sales announcement. To check your Member ID notification “opt-outs,” login to your account at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and select the option “Change my preferences/unsubscribe.”

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con, and stay tuned for additional 2013 preregistration details!

Comic-Con Member ID Registration Home
secure2.comic-con.org
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 09:24:49 AM »

Offline stonecutterjeff

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2013: ONLINE BADGE PREREGISTRATION

Comic-Con 2013 attendee badges will be available for purchase online through the EPIC registration website in August 2012. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2012 for Comic-Con 2013 badges. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2012 4-day attendee or 1-day attendee badge will be eligible to participate in 2013 online preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online preregistration in August. Open online registration for all categories listed above will occur at a later date.

Those eligible for Comic-Con 2013 online preregistration will be able to purchase up to 3 badges total. You will need a unique Member ID for each badge purchased. Eligible 2012 attendees may purchase badges for other eligible 2012 attendees, but they will not be allowed to purchase badges for those who did not attend Comic-Con 2012 or for any of the ineligible categories above.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2012, via e-mail, with the date, time, and link for online badge preregistration. The notification will be sent to the e-mail associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to e-mail correspondence to receive the preregistration badge sales announcement. To check your Member ID notification “opt-outs,” login to your account at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and select the option “Change my preferences/unsubscribe.”

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con, and stay tuned for additional 2013 preregistration details!

Comic-Con Member ID Registration Home
secure2.comic-con.org

so i bought 3 days does this include me? and what about people who bought preview night? kinda vauge
Check Out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
VGRevolution Geek Culture Editor/Writer

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
so i bought 3 days does this include me? and what about people who bought preview night? kinda vauge

Basically anyone that has a badge for 2012 will be eligible to buy a 2013 badge for themselves and 2 other people provided they also have badges for 2012.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
Basically anyone that has a badge for 2012 will be eligible to buy a 2013 badge for themselves and 2 other people provided they also have badges for 2012.

More specifically, anyone who has a PUBLIC badge for 2012 that they bought through the 'regular attendee' process and paid for. Professionals, guest badges, exhibitor badges, etc. will not be eligible.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Democracy sure worked here.  When CCI passed out the survey, I'm sure this is what most of the respondents wanted, which is really no different from on-site registration.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
Democracy sure worked here.  When CCI passed out the survey, I'm sure this is what most of the respondents wanted, which is really no different from on-site registration.

It's VERY different. WIth this online system everyone gets to try at once... hence the dreaded waiting room...

Offline jsantos61

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
So I had  question about this. I am going this year but for only 1 day (Thursday) since that's all I could get by the time I got in. However, I want to get more days next year. Does the pre-registration let me book more days or do I have to do this pre-reg for the Thursday I have and then hope to get the additional days through the normal registration whenever that becomes available?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »
So I had  question about this. I am going this year but for only 1 day (Thursday) since that's all I could get by the time I got in. However, I want to get more days next year. Does the pre-registration let me book more days or do I have to do this pre-reg for the Thursday I have and then hope to get the additional days through the normal registration whenever that becomes available?

My guess would be that you could purchase a 4 day badge. Up until this year, if you had a 1 day badge and pre-reg'ed at the previous year's Con you could buy a 4 day badge if you wanted.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
the assumption is that you'll be able to buy more or a different badge then you got in the previous year
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »

Hmm...The popular vote seemed to be in favor of on site reg but that was already eliminated prior to the survey...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »
Actually, to clarify, my vote would be in favor of on-site pre-reg *with a reasonable number of badges allocated*.

The Gossamer

« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
Actually, to clarify, my vote would be in favor of on-site pre-reg *with a reasonable number of badges allocated*.
I second that!!

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
Limiting it to regular badge holders is interesting. I think it will reduce the pool a bit. My guess is everybody who wants a badge will get one. Might not be 4 day plus preview though.

I like it.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
It's VERY different. WIth this online system everyone gets to try at once... hence the dreaded waiting room...

Hmm...The popular vote seemed to be in favor of on site reg but that was already eliminated prior to the survey...

Yes I agree.  What I meant is that only those who purchased this year's badges can participate in pre-reg, just as if we had on-site pre-reg, only those who are attending this year's Con can participate.  This was a very big issue with the survey.

I agree the madness of getting into an online waiting room will be no different from what the rest of us go through when getting a badge.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019