Author Topic: 2013 Badge Pre-Regist​ration Survey  (Read 37287 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: 2013 Badge Pre-Regist​ration Survey
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »
As long as they can truly restrict it since we all know the link will be posted everywhere.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »
they seem to do well with the restricting for people who had a Sat badge

on a personal note, if a 12 year old kiddo goes as a child badge in 2012, is he eligible to buy(or have bought for him) a badge for 2013?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 05:10:28 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
they seem to do well with the restricting for people who had a Sat badge

on a personal note, if a 12 year old kiddo goes as a child badge in 2012, is he eligible to buy(or have bought for him) a badge for 2013?

My guess would be no because technically the kid wouldn't have had a Member ID that shows a purchase.

And yes, that would be a big dilemma but on the plus side, junior badges don't sell out as quick so the general sale will be less scary.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
Alyssa, maybe when you get his child badge this year you can ask them to record his memberid an mention why... Couldn't hurt.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »
As a data point; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Each year more and more attendees line up for Comic-Con preregistration. Currently we do not have a location with adequate space to accommodate all those who line up; therefore Comic-Con 2013 preregistration will be conducted online only.

Comic-Con 2013 attendee badges will be available for purchase online through the EPIC registration website in August 2012. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2012 for Comic-Con 2013 badges. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2012 4-day attendee or 1-day attendee badge will be eligible to participate in 2013 online preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor-purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online preregistration in August. Open online registration for these categories will occur at a later date.

Those eligible for Comic-Con 2013 online preregistration will be able to purchase up to three badges total. You will need a unique Member ID for each badge purchased. Eligible 2012 attendees may purchase badges for other eligible 2012 attendees, but they will not be allowed to purchase badges for those who did not attend Comic-Con 2012 or for any of the ineligible categories mentioned above.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2012, via email, with the date, time, and link for online badge preregistration. The notification will be sent to the email associated with the Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to email correspondence to receive the preregistration badge sales announcement. To check your Member ID notification "opt-outs," login to your account at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and select the option "Change my preferences/unsubscribe."

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con, and stay tuned for additional 2013 preregistration details!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
That clears it up a bit more.  Wonder if they'll announce the date way in advance or if it'll be just a day or 2?

Unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be anything about if there is a limit to the # of badges being sold for pre-reg?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »
Alyssa, please keep us updated on your quest to get a junior badge for your son. I'm in the same boat next year, so I'd appreciate any info!