Author Topic: SDCC 2016 PRE-REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 73036 times)

Offline taramasu78

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: SDCC 2016 Pre-Registration
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
I hope to get to go back in 2016!! I love SDCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Billybear

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »
My son and I were in San Diego this year, but weren't lucky enough to get tickets to attend SDCC - had 2 computers on the go during registration but no luck. We came all the way from the UK, and had a great time at the offsite events, but really, really would like to attend the main event next year. Could anyone please help me get 4 day tickets for the 2 of us for 2016? I'm willing to pay for the persons own tickets if that is allowed.
im a geek :)

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2016 PRE-REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:16:27 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My son and I were in San Diego this year, but weren't lucky enough to get tickets to attend SDCC - had 2 computers on the go during registration but no luck. We came all the way from the UK, and had a great time at the offsite events, but really, really would like to attend the main event next year. Could anyone please help me get 4 day tickets for the 2 of us for 2016? I'm willing to pay for the persons own tickets if that is allowed.

This board does not allow any kind of payment for badges, or for assistance in obtaining badges, other than reimbursement of actual cost.

However, we do organize buying groups to increase chances of being able to get a badge. I presume you are already registered for a member ID (if not, now if the time to do so). Early in the new year we will be organizing buying groups for open registration. You will be able to join a group and have all of you work together to help each other.

Offline tb-1599

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 05:20:47 PM »
I am down...

Offline Batgirl

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
For everyone in my group during pre-reg/gen reg, we will be reforming  :) I'll send an email out to our group this weekend!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »

This board does not allow any kind of payment for badges, or for assistance in obtaining badges, other than reimbursement of actual cost.

However, we do organize buying groups to increase chances of being able to get a badge. I presume you are already registered for a member ID (if not, now if the time to do so). Early in the new year we will be organizing buying groups for open registration. You will be able to join a group and have all of you work together to help each other.

For clarification purposes for newcomers to the forums, in case the difference between "badges" and "tickets" is confusing:
In the case of Comic-Con, passes to gain access to Comic-Con and the convention center are called "badges."  These are hooked onto a lanyard that you wear around your neck.  "Tickets" are different in relation to Comic-Con because it could mean a ticket to an off-site.  "Tickets" are usually held in your hand, while a "badge" is worn on a lanyard around your neck.  ^__~

I just wanted to clarify that this forum community does not allow the reselling of Comic-Con badges because CCI, the company that runs Comic-Con, does not allow badges to be resold by individuals. 

As stated above in Transmute's post, badge-buying groups for general registration (for those who did not attend Comic-Con 2015 with a paid attendee badge) will be organized sometime next year.  Please keep an eye on the forums for more details later on! 

If you join a badge-buying group and someone from your group helps you purchase your Comic-Con 2016 badge, you are obligated to send the at-cost payment (exact pricing, no extras) to the person as soon as possible.

Right now, pre-registration and therefore the pre-registration groups are only for people who have a physical Comic-Con 2015 attendee badge.

Hope that helps!

^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »
I can't make this pretty but there's a new tucan blog post re pre reg

Two thing I noted
First the word "soon " was used when referring to when we'd hear abt prereg
Second the word "short " was use when referring to the window for badge verification

Make sure you have your stuff in order and in a safe place
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Billybear

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
thanks all  - appreciate it, really, really want to attend Comic Con next year - staying outside this year, after flying over from the UK was so frustrating - we still had a great time with walking dead escape and the activities on the street
im a geek :)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4553
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
I can't make this pretty but there's a new tucan blog post re pre reg

Two thing I noted
Second the word "short " was use when referring to the window for badge verification

Make sure you have your stuff in order and in a safe place
Is it too soon to hit refresh on my email?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »

Can we start wildly speculating what "soon" means? To me, soon is about 2-3 weeks. I feel to Comic Con it might be months. haha
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:26 PM »
I really do hope it's [much] sooner rather than later...so I can rest easy for the next 360 or so days :)
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4553
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
To me soon means within a week of the post.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
thanks all  - appreciate it, really, really want to attend Comic Con next year - staying outside this year, after flying over from the UK was so frustrating - we still had a great time with walking dead escape and the activities on the street

Just an FYI pre-registration is only for people who attended con with a badge this year. It sounds like you didn't get a badge this year so you'll have to wait for general registration at a later date to be determined after pre-registration.

Offline Flinkman

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
Hi everyone! SDCC 2015 was my first time attending and I CANNOT WAIT to go back! I was actually told to join this forum by someone I met in the Hall H line, so here I am!  8)

Going in last year, I had a group of 3 and one of us was (obviously) very fortunate to be able to get into the sale and snag badges. Unfortunately one of us won't be able to attend 2016, so I am 1 man down for pre-registration. Now, I understand that it's basically a 50-50 shot for pre-registration and that the odds are in my favor utilizing two folks for two badges but...I want even better odds! Are there any of you out there flying solo for pre-reg that would like to jump on board with my friend and myself? Or any existing groups with an available spot for me?

Thanks in advance everyone! Can't wait to converse with you all.

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
Apologies if I've missed this discussion in another thread, but has anyone logged into their account?

This message is in the top right of my member login screen and I would have expected it to have updated to pre-reg 2016 by now... Is anyone showing anything different?