Author Topic: SDCC 2016 PRE-REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 73037 times)

Offline jonijess

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
Re: SDCC 2016 Pre-reg
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »
My son and I went this year for the first time and were blown away by how amazing it was. We want to come back! We are definitely interested in joining a group if there is room for us.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 11:34:02 AM »
All of the previous groups will reform, so if you were in a group previously, then you will be in that same group again. One or two of these groups may have new leaders, as people step down, but the people involved should be the same. Right now I am in the process of confirming group leaders.

I suspect that Louie_Rob is right, and that there will be enough interest to set up at least one new buying group. So if people are interested in running a buying group, please PM me and let me know! We will help with suggestions, advice and a sample spreadsheet to assist, but leaders are free to run their groups as they see fit.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2016 PRE-REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:19:11 AM »

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
One of my best moments from Comic Con was actually before it began, Wednesday morning, meeting so many of you over pancakes and eggs. I am definately interested with working with a group to go back and have another great experience among friends.
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline jenluciabb

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
This was my first year with tickets and really want to go back. Not sure if the friend I went with this year will be going back so will probably need to join a buying group so will definitely be keeping my eyes out for the new post

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All of the previous groups will reform, so if you were in a group previously, then you will be in that same group again. One or two of these groups may have new leaders, as people step down, but the people involved should be the same. Right now I am in the process of confirming group leaders.
I suspect that Louie_Rob is right, and that there will be enough interest to set up at least one new buying group. So if people are interested in running a buying group, please PM me and let me know! We will help with suggestions, advice and a sample spreadsheet to assist, but leaders are free to run their groups as they see fit.
I wasn't in a pre-reg buying group (was out of town and pretty useless during the sale) but I was in a buying group during the regular sale. I'd like to be in a pre-reg group this year, what's the best way to participate?
I may be able to assist, at what level depends on date of sale as I have a business conference around the same time as last year's sale which could impede my abilities.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 03:09:32 PM »
I'm definitely going to be watching these forums like a hawk this year for Pre-Reg news and buying groups :)

If help is needed, I could probably help lead a group as well

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
I wasn't in a pre-reg buying group (was out of town and pretty useless during the sale) but I was in a buying group during the regular sale. I'd like to be in a pre-reg group this year, what's the best way to participate?

Your pre-reg buying group should be the same as the general reg buying group that you were a part of last spring.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4553
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
I have you down for our group from general registration.

I may be able to assist, at what level depends on date of sale as I have a business conference around the same time as last year's sale which could impede my abilities.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »
I'm definitely going to be watching these forums like a hawk this year for Pre-Reg news and buying groups :)

If help is needed, I could probably help lead a group as well

Thank you, Epicaz, I may well be contacting you soon!

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
For whomever is reading this, I am also interested in either joining an existing pre-reg group, or helping to form a new one.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »
Thanks, Mattytreks! We will be posting an announcement next week.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:
Changed the title from "SDCC 2016 Pre-reg" to "SDCC 2016 Pre-Registration" (makes it easier for future reference, in case there are new but eligible forum members joining us for pre-registration).

Remember:
Pre-registration is only for people who were able to get physical Comic-Con 2015 badges.  For the newcomers to the forums, if you weren't able to attend Comic-Con 2015, please wait for the general registration thread to be opened sometime after pre-registration is over.  Thank you!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Re: SDCC 2016 Pre-Registration
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 02:06:44 PM »
I'm already fretting over not knowing the pre-reg date. Trying to plan a small trip for the first weekend of November but thinking of when it fell last year I don't think I want to be away from my reliable internet!
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »
I am setting aside money next month, just in case, badges go on sale.  I cannot miss it!
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »
I'm already fretting over not knowing the pre-reg date. Trying to plan a small trip for the first weekend of November but thinking of when it fell last year I don't think I want to be away from my reliable internet!
And I'm already fretting over not knowing if I'll be able to get badges for next year (even though I have two chances, lol).

This is why I sometimes wish they still offered on-site pre-registration at Comic-Con, for the next year.  Then it would be done and settled :)
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron