Author Topic: san diego comiccon vip passes..... are real? website listed.  (Read 3858 times)

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
just as i was sad about not throwing vip passes in people's faces, the "fair" con, gave in at last! or so i think so. before i drop 5,000 usd, is this for real? or a con job?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i would love to show up and cut 8000 people in line. i would attend san deigo comicon for the first time in 14 years. (i didnt like their vibe... but if they are willing to bow down instead of hating on the idea of vip, then i will take advantage.)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: san diego comiccon vip passes..... are real? website listed.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »
Not legit.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
i didnt think so. san diego comiccon has been all "fairness" minded for a long time. too bad really.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »
ugg...no there is no VIP.  sorry you have to stand in line with the rest of us Pleebs.

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
no problems. i just won't go to it.

i hear the average attendee has so little money to spend there that they have to give stuff away. they need the right customers. they know what they need to do.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »
just as i was sad about not throwing vip passes in people's faces, the "fair" con, gave in at last! or so i think so. before i drop 5,000 usd, is this for real? or a con job?

i would love to show up and cut 8000 people in line. i would attend san deigo comicon for the first time in 14 years. (i didnt like their vibe... but if they are willing to bow down instead of hating on the idea of vip, then i will take advantage.)
its a con job

first cci attaches names to the badges so it they get caught....

second, there are profesional line wait'er-  that's what they do, wait in line for you.

third, these pop up every year & are bogus

i hear the average attendee has so little money to spend there that they have to give stuff away. they need the right customers. they know what they need to do.

No need to get snarky just cuz you don't like a con- plenty do.  that could be seen as a violation in forum rules ... slamming folks who go to sdcc... do you really want to go there? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:14:08 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »

Have you been to SDCC? Did something really bad happen to you there? I've noticed in a bunch of your posting that you seem to have some sort of grudge with SDCC to the point where you are basically insulting people who go to and enjoy SDCC.
If you don't like SDCC for whatever reason that's fine. Having an opinion is fine but a lot of your posts come across as insulting to the people who do enjoy it.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 08:24:14 AM »

Well my wife certainly would love for that to be the case, but the reality... :P

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 08:59:35 AM »
Have you been to SDCC? Did something really bad happen to you there? I've noticed in a bunch of your posting that you seem to have some sort of grudge with SDCC to the point where you are basically insulting people who go to and enjoy SDCC.
If you don't like SDCC for whatever reason that's fine. Having an opinion is fine but a lot of your posts come across as insulting to the people who do enjoy it.
You've maybe seen the CCI FB page/comments: MANY people get bitter if they don't win the badge/cheerio lottery and try to take it out on the virtual world.  No idea if this is the case or not here, but it's not uncommon

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
its a con job

first cci attaches names to the badges so it they get caught....

second, there are profesional line wait'er-  that's what they do, wait in line for you.

third, these pop up every year & are bogus

No need to get snarky just cuz you don't like a con- plenty do.  that could be seen as a violation in forum rules ... slamming folks who go to sdcc... do you really want to go there? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Con Job"
Lol; I see what you did there... ;D

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 12:07:47 PM »

OK, I'll bite. What do they need to do?

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
1) People who CAN afford stuff like this guy is claiming he can don't throw it around or act superior to others (unless they're Trump, which is a whole OTHER can of worms)

2) This guy is clearly a troll of some kind. See point #1 again. Having run MUDs and moderated sizable forums over the last 20 years now, I've seen people like this at least a few times every 6 months. They fly under the radar, gradually digging their thorns in a little deeper, until they get called out. And THEN, they'll claim over and over that YOU'RE the stupid one who is clearly poor and just doesn't understand what it's like to be SOOOOOOOOOOO rich. Stupid plebians.

3) Don't feed it. See #1 again.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 07:43:49 PM »

Why so mean? Seriously, what good does it do to insult members of the board like this?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:57 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

I'll be taking the liberty of closing this thread, as it has been established that CCI and thus SDCC does not have VIP passes.

(Let's move on from the negative connotations in this thread and remember why we all love Comic-Con.  ^__^d  Thanks!)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:49:28 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...