Author Topic: How to Get a Member ID & buy a Pass for SDCC 2012  (Read 16316 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: How to Get a Member ID & buy a Pass for SDCC 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 04:41:12 AM »
we assume one person will be able to buy two passes.  this assumption is based on the amount of passes we were able to pre-buy at comic con 2011. 
I just created another thread on 'how many passes can you buy' in this same area.  it is a posting copying all the postings of cci on the issue.
again to reiterate; we think you'll be ok
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

The Gossamer

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:44 AM »
I concur with alyssa that you will be able to purchase 2 passes per person as it was done for the "on site sale" during 2011 con.  As for the credit card question it should not matter either as I purchased my badge and my friend's badge with the same credit card. I also purchased another badge under my member i.d. for another person who was not even attending the 2011 con.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:16:35 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »
CCI has put together a tutorial on how to get a member id
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:18:43 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Marsride

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
I posted this last week, but never received a response.

I have a 12 yo daughter that will be 12 yo during SDCC as well. If she wishes to attend, do I (her father) need to purchase a ticket and then take her through the registration line when I go to the SDCC? Or can a friend of the family that has a ticket to SDCC simply take her in for us?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »
Sorry abt not getting back to you, out of curiosity where'd you post the question? eta; if you'll go back up this thread you'll see that i did answer your post with some questions.

to your answer; the 12 yo is considered a free child and therefore does not require a Member ID. She will need to accompany an adult when getting their pass.  At that point, cci will ask 'if your child is lost' questions and issue her a 'child badge' (that is actually what is printed on the badge. I don't know if another adult can do it, i think the rules allow for a non related adult but they might not know the answers to the questions.

I bring my, now 12 year old so I've done the process a few times. it is painless, it's the line wait that's a challenge.  can i suggest electronic devices (ds, ipod touch, books etc.) <grin>

if your kiddo is anything like mine, may i humbly suggest that you reinforce the plastic badge holder with packing tape & use two lanyards?  my kiddo shredded the plastic holder by the end of the week but he's a fidgety type.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:13:11 PM by alyssa »

Offline Marsride

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
Thanks for the info. If I missed your response to this question the first time, I'm sorry. Tired eyes I guess. ;)

Do you think it is best that I join her in line the first time when she get's her badge to provide any necessary signitures for her to go in with the friend? She has a permanent green card (she is from Ukraine) that she can use to show she is 12 yo.

Thanks again for your thoughtful response....

Mark in San Diego

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
There wasn't any signatures required last year, just contact info.  nor did they check my son's id (but i'm hyperparanoid so i had his passport).

so, you're not going to the con?  if not then the questions (if your child is lost) should be directed to the person who's going to be at the con with her.

just to be clear, the kiddo needs to be in line with a full paid adult badge who will be at the con at the same time as the kiddo.  And the info given should be for the adult that will be at the con.  the idea of the information is if the kid is hurt, lost, or as is more likely in my case, causing problems.

Offline Marsride

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
Will (my 12 yo daughter) need to be in the line with our friend (who will have \ obtain a full paid ticket) when he:

A) Originally picks up his badge
or
B) When he is physically walking into the CCI?

So they will want contact info on 'her person' or will it be submitted to CCI when she get's her badge (with options A or B above)?

TIA,
Mark

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
the kiddo will need to be with an adult full paid badge when they first pick up their badge.  the line will be long & it will take hours.

the info will be in a data base that can be read by cci people.  ie the kiddo badge will say 'child badge'  & have a bar code which I assume can be used to access the info that was given at the pick up.  That's why I was suggesting, if the friend is going to be at the con & not you then you may want to have your friend give their phone number etc.

Offline JulieVA

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
I have a question about buying badges for myself and a friend:

I have mine and my friend's ID to get badges for us when they go on sale, but I want to go 3 days and she wants to go 2 days. Is it possible to buy different amounts of days between two people in one transaction? Or should we each just try to get our own?

Thanks!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »
yes, unless they change things, you should be able to buy two different types of badges for each person

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
Hey...I have a question that I need an answer to...when I get through to CCI on badge sale day and I request badges that aren't available, do I get shuttled to the back of the line? Or can I request my second choice right then and there? I will be going with a friend from Wales and I thought I'd have him ask for the 4-day with preview badges over there, and I'd be going for the 4-day here. That way we're sure to get one set of badges that we want. Now the reason that I ask the question at all is in the event that he's working and can't be sat in front of the computer.  Help!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
in short form, yes.

long form, you will be given a list of badges that are available, you will not go to the back of the line.

instead of tying up a few hundred $$ in passes (until you can get a refund) why don't you two communicate with each other while one of you is buying passes?  like

you; hey george, i'm number xyz in the waiting room, what number are you?
george;  i'm xya
you; oh, you've got a lower number then me you should buy our passes
george; ok keep you spot tho in case I mess up ok?
you; sure
george; i got them, you should get an email soon
you; cool, I'll abandon my spot then

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
Hi Alyssa...thanks so much for getting back to me so soon! As per your suggestion...that's exactly what we're going to do if he's not at work. Whoever gets there first buys the badges. Another thing...nobody's mentioned yet that it's a leap year so tickets will be on sale until the 29th? Or do you think that they're gonna pull a funny and put them up for sale on the 29th. I think that would be excellent.
What do you think? 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
it could be, just like they could go on sale the 1st or the 3rd- I have no clue.  best to have you both sign up for notifications that way you'll have two sets of eyes on the ball