Author Topic: Professional Passes  (Read 11099 times)

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
Professional Passes
« on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
Last year, the comic con website recommended that people applying for pro passes also buy their badges in case they don't qualify as a pro. That's what I did last year and planned to also do this year.

I was wondering if anyone knew if I'll be able to buy badges AND apply for a Professional Pass with the same ID number?

Thanks!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Professional Passes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
what an interesting question.
I haven't a clue sorry to say
have you sent cci an email asking that?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:51:32 AM »

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:58 AM »
I did. I sent them an e-mail on the 28th. I don't remember how long it usually takes to get a reply. Just want to make sure I have this figured out before the time comes.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
Good question, Brian. 

In case no one on here can answer or you don’t hear a reply from CCI, I would sign up for two member ID numbers (one for professional and one for attendee) just to be safe.  That way you know that you are covered.  There appears to be an unlimited number of member IDs, so you would not be taking someone else’s spot and it doesn’t cost you anything.  You might have to create a new email account to do this, but that doesn’t take long. 

Hope this helps!

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »
I thought about that. I just wasn't sure if there was any rule against signing up for more than one ID number. I have a second e-mail so that wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »
You might want to read the fine print on the member IDs just to make sure that there is no doubling up just to be safe.  But if they don't say its illegal, that seems like a good plan. 

Please post what you find here so that others can benefit from your research.  Thanks!

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »
Thanks. I'll be sure to post what ever I find out.

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
I really want to make a LoTR reference about one ID to rule them all but i will let it pass.  All you need is one CCI ID that is your ID for everything CCI related. You can use it for any and everything, be it Pro reg to volunteering.  Having many IDs will be frond upon as this is being done as a way to keep the scalpers down.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline Roshawn

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 06:58:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last year, the comic con website recommended that people applying for pro passes also buy their badges in case they don't qualify as a pro. That's what I did last year and planned to also do this year.

I was wondering if anyone knew if I'll be able to buy badges AND apply for a Professional Pass with the same ID number?

Thanks!

I am a pro holder and the answer is yes. Did you get accepted as a pro lasted year? If not, by the time new members for professional passes opens there will not be any guest free or paid passes available.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:07:18 AM by Roshawn »

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »
I really want to make a LoTR reference about one ID to rule them all but i will let it pass.  All you need is one CCI ID that is your ID for everything CCI related. You can use it for any and everything, be it Pro reg to volunteering.  Having many IDs will be frond upon as this is being done as a way to keep the scalpers down.

Ok, I thought I had read somewhere that you couldn't use you're ID for more than one thing. I must have just read wrong.

Thanks!

I am a pro holder and the answer is yes. Did you get accepted as a pro lasted year? If not, by the time new members for professional passes opens there will not be any guest free or paid passes available.

Yeah, I got a pro pass last year but I know that doesn't necessarily mean I will get one this year. That's why I want to buy my passes also.

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 08:35:49 AM »
Well, I never got a response to my first e-mail. I sent a second but they're away until Jan. 2nd now. We'll see if I hear back this time...

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »
Just heard back from CCI...

Looks like I can use my member ID to both apply for my pro pass and buy my general admission badges. Glad I finally got that cleared up. I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
Wonderful !  glad you got it official
thanks for posting the results   ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
I figure, since I already started this thread, no need to make a new one. Does anyone happen to know when the Pro Registration is. I imagine it will have to be relativity soon. Unless I've missed it...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
Nope, I don't think you missed it...  The Comic-Con 2012 "Professionals-only" website doesn't seem to have been updated yet, so I think you're still okay.  If Pro registration was already over, for example, you would most likely see a note about CCI no longer accepting Pro applications. 

Hope that helps!  Definitely check your e-mail and the Pro-only website for any updates. (If the regular badge registration was any indication...)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:16:05 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...