Author Topic: How'd everyone do?  (Read 26308 times)

Offline ormistonjames

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
Re: How'd everyone do?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I thought you could get your next days badge at the end of the previous day.. I.E. get sunday saturday afternoon... I thought that was allowed..

That's not too bad then.

Hopefully get one in March, and if that fails I'll try for volunteering, do you get to say what day you want to volunteer?

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
I think you have to volunteer to the day before to get next days.. or you volunteer the same day. Not sure exactly, but volunteering would be pretty fun, those applications will go out early next year. so keep an eye out

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:45:33 AM »

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
That's not too bad then.

Hopefully get one in March, and if that fails I'll try for volunteering, do you get to say what day you want to volunteer?

Hey that sounds like a good idea, i may have to try that for my Friday badge. If things dont go as planned.
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »
I managed to get everything I wanted--4 Day with Preview Night for my sister and myself.  I got in at 7128 and got to the purchase page around 8:25. 

I tried to buy a third preview night badge for a friend, but they sold out just as I got to the purchase page (it didn't show as sold out, but the page would give me an error when I tried to select it and confirm), so they had to settle for a regular 4 day badge.

Offline cofphoto

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »
My only issue was that when the page loaded, the graphic for the green button didn't load.  So it took me a minute to figure out what the heck to do.

Got in at 15,171.  Purchased at about 8:55 I think.  4+prev and 4 day badges were gone, but got 4x1 day badges for my Wife and I.

We've been to the last two preview nights and don't really see the value in paying $50 more to attend an extra 3+ hours of the sales floor.  So we were after 4 day passes.  So we are happy.  :)

Shortly after I got my tickets, Saturday was gone and Friday not long after that.

I was stressed when I couldn't figure out what to do.....but sitting at home in my PJs for one hour beats the heck out of getting up at 4am and standing in line for 4 hours at a hotel.

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
#15,129 in waiting room.  This will be my first time not getting in for preview night.  Got 4-day badges 4 me +1. #SDCC @Comic_Con #RapidIntelSDCC

Sent from my iPhone or iPad using Tapatalk
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
I entered the waiting room at #23,000.  I got in to purchase my badges at 9:05am.  I tried to purchase the Thursday and Sunday badge as they were the only two available.  When I tried to process the payment, I forgot to type "AGREE".  I typed "AGREE" and I got an error message saying I went back a page on my browser which wasn't true.  I tried to go back to the start page and I got a message saying I already entered using my logon name and I can't purchase another badge.  I called SDCCI and the person on the phone told me unless I made a screen shot of my purchase attempt there's nothing they could do.  : (
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »
Bought Thursday, Friday and Sunday. If I can't get a Saturday when they go on general sale then I'll probably return them, it's too far to go from the UK to not get the whole thing.

There is SO much going on outside the convention center now that it might be a nice day to walk around and do all the other things you would normally skip since you're in line for a panel. I'd urge you to seriously consider that...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
All I can say is...SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR AT COMIC-CON!!!
My BFF and I got 4 Single Day tickets (just like we did in 2012)!

My ticket was purchased by another friend who entered the queue at #11000+
I then purchased my BFF's ticket, I entered the queue at around #16953.

Offline ormistonjames

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »
There is SO much going on outside the convention center now that it might be a nice day to walk around and do all the other things you would normally skip since you're in line for a panel. I'd urge you to seriously consider that...

Yeah, I've decided I'm almost certainly going. Aside from anything else I'll save on plane tickets not having to wait till March, cost me £1100 this year.

Only serious consideration is that I'm on my own this year, and hotels aint cheap.

Offline psithi

• Freebie Table
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »
Got 4 day pass. Worked better than registration foe 2012 probably because there were fewer people and this time they told people to cut and paste the link.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
Yeah, I've decided I'm almost certainly going. Aside from anything else I'll save on plane tickets not having to wait till March, cost me £1100 this year.

Only serious consideration is that I'm on my own this year, and hotels aint cheap.

If you're not already part of the UK group, chat w/ Leonard Sultana (ukdeejay on here) - he runs a great group and they did a couple of meetups. Always good to have people to interact w/!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »
Happy for everyone else, but I'm going to have to try this again next year.  No internet problems for 4 hours and then I lose my connection at the exact moment I'm about to exit the waiting room and enter the purchase site.  By the time I got back in line...too late.
are you in Hawaii?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »
#15,129 in waiting room.  This will be my first time not getting in for preview night.  Got 4-day badges 4 me +1. #SDCC @Comic_Con #RapidIntelSDCC
glad at least you got something! I was wondering abt you
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline GoatCheese510

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
2 4-day passes w/preview night suckas!