Author Topic: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim  (Read 25328 times)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
Re: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Still waiting on mine
Same here! :/
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #03: General Information About Attending WCA Programming

Every year, we aspire to create the best programming schedule possible for attendees, and this year, WonderCon Anaheim brings you returning favorites in comics and pop culture as well as new creators, artists, films, and TV series to explore and discover.

Our complete programming schedule is coming (VERY!) soon and we want to thank you for helping make WonderCon the amazing convention it’s become. To make sure you have the best experience this year, please take the time to review the following guidelines:

Programming rooms are not cleared between panels

The lines in the lobby are for the rooms and not for individual panels

To ensure you have a seat for a later panel you want to see, go inside the room rather than waiting in the lobby. You might find something new on the stage to add to your fandom

Mark the panels you’re interested in on the app or online

Download the Comic-Con app for the most up-to-date information on panels (WonderCon 2019 update coming soon!), or utilize MySched on our website to make your own personalized program and events schedule.

Keep panel rooms clean of trash

You can bring food and drink into the programming rooms, but please make sure to take your trash with you when you leave.

Do not crowd around the stage in panel rooms

It’s okay to get excited for panels and panelists, but do not attempt to walk up to the stage after the panel. Panelists are prohibited from signing things or giving away placards. We have to prepare the stage for the next panel.

Here are some additional tips for attending programs at WonderCon Anaheim 2019:

Go see a panel you hadn’t planned on attending

WonderCon Anaheim is a great place for exploration and trying new things, so we encourage you to go see something you hadn’t planned on. Take advantage of the fact that we don’t clear programming rooms after each panel, and attend a panel before or after the one you have in mind. You might find a new favorite!

Move into the row as far as you can

Most programming rooms fill up for each event, so please move all the way into the row and don’t leave any empty seats. Scooch down and make room for others.

Ask about bathroom passes

Some programming rooms have them, others don’t! It’s a good idea to be aware of this in case you’re planning to spend most of the day in a certain programming room.

Be courteous to your neighbors

We’re all there for the same reason! It’s best to be nice and remember that we’re all trying to enjoy ourselves and the event. Plus, you might just make a new friend!

Wear your badge at all times

Make sure to display your badge proudly so security can see it. Please remember that all event and program rooms have limited capacity as set by the fire marshal. Even though your badge is needed to get into all events, it does not guarantee access to any event if the venue has reached its capacity.

Don’t leave right at 7:00 PM when the Exhibit Hall closes

Programming continues late on Friday and Saturday nights. Be sure to review the Programming Schedule when it's released to plan ahead. WonderCon Anaheim doesn't stop when the Exhibit Hall closes!

Don’t stand (or run!) in the programming rooms

Chances are if you’re standing in front of your seat, instead of sitting in it, you’re negatively impacting the experience of the people around you. Please take a seat. Also, remember there is no running in the programming rooms, lobby, Exhibit Hall, or outside the Anaheim Convention Center.

Don’t sit in reserved seats

Certain seats are reserved for a reason and will be clearly marked. Please avoid sitting in them, as you’ll be asked to relocate to a different seat anyway.

Don’t bring strollers into the programming rooms

While we recognize how handy strollers are, they can also be a safety hazard. We ask you to not bring strollers into the programming rooms … By Fire Marshal orders, they’re not permitted. For your convenience, there is stroller parking provided at the Anaheim Convention Center.

We can’t wait to show you all that we have in store for this year. The WonderCon Anaheim 2019 Programming Schedule is coming SOON … check back for complete info!

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 6, 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 04:29:23 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #04: Group Panels Featuring Our Special Guests!

As you’re getting ready for WonderCon Anaheim 2019—and creating your game plan for seeing the most guests and panels—don’t forget about our group panels featuring our special guests. We know you’re excited to see them in their individual spotlight panels, but it’s a whole new level of fandom geekiness when you see several amazing creators come together in a room to discuss a specific topic. See them weigh in on important issues like “What Is the Best Super Power?” Or “Our Favorite Villains and Why We Love Them” (or love to hate them). And that’s just Friday!

On Saturday, you can come see our guests debate “Costumes for Caped Crusaders: Function Versus Fashion.” Finish off WonderCon on Sunday by attending “The Entrepreneurial Spirit in Comics,” where established creators talk about the ins and outs of the comic industry and all its extensions, and then stick around to hear from some experts in “Magical Comics for Kids.”

Here’s a sneak peek at some of these group panels featuring our special guests … look for the complete WonderCon Anaheim 2019 Programming Schedule coming (VERY!) soon!

Friday, March 29

2:30–3:30 What Is the Best Superpower?—Flight? Invisibility? Super strength? Everyone at one point in time has sat around their living room, debating which one is best. Now hear the opinion of the experts! Do these comic creators know the answer? Is there truly a right answer? Moderator Gabe Carrasco (Aspen Comics managing editor) gets to the truth with Vita Ayala (Supergirl), Amy Chu (Red Sonja), Tom King (Batman), Liam Sharp (Wonder Woman), and Scott Snyder (Batman). Room 213AB

5:30–6:30 Our Favorite Villains—They may be killers, but readers often find themselves rooting for the villains anyway. What makes these hardened criminals worthy of adoration? Find out from the creators who bring them to life. Moderator Mark Waid (Daredevil) discusses villainous antics with WonderCon special guests Greg Capullo (Batman), Donny Cates (Venom), Gerry Duggan (Deadpool), Joëlle Jones (Lady Killer), and Tim Sale (Daredevil). Room 213AB

Saturday, March 30

2:30–3:30 Costumes for Caped Crusaders: Fashion Versus Function—Geeky fashion expert Ashley Eckstein (Her Universe) moderates a panel on one of comics’ most burning questions, when it comes to superhero fashions, which is more important, fashion or function? WonderCon Anaheim special guests Jen Bartel (Blackbird), Joëlle Jones (Lady Killer), Tula Lotay (Supreme: Blue Rose), and Brian Stelfreeze (Back Panther) share their expertise on what makes a great costume. Room 213AB

Sunday, March 31

10:30–11:30 The Entrepreneurial Spirit in Comics—Love all things comics? Love paying your bills too? What opportunities are out there for comics creators and comics lovers? Moderator Mark Waid (Daredevil) talks to WonderCon Anaheim special guests Julie Benson (Batgirl and the Birds of Prey), Shawna Benson (Green Arrow), Phil LaMarr (Samurai Jack), Ryan Meinerding (head of visual development, Marvel Studios), and Liam Sharp (Wonder Woman) about the ins and outs of the comics biz and all its extensions. Room 208

12:30–1:30 Magical Comics for Kids—As a kid, everything is magical, and magic is believable. Bringing magic to life expands young minds, and these comics creators are experts at sprinkling that fairy dust. Mary Bellamy (Faux Facts and Ah Heck!!), Alina Chau (The Nian Monster), and WonderCon special guests Katie Cook (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic), Greg Pak (The Princess Who Saved Herself), and Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn) share their tips and tricks and a little hint of magic. Room 208

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 7, 2019

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
Another day passes, still no badge...

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Another day passes, still no badge...
I wonder if press are being sent at a different time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gaeilstar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »
I wonder if press are being sent at a different time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think so. I think Exhibitors are starting to get theirs this week, so hopefully Press will be soon (fingers crossed LOL!)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
My son (a junior) still doesn't have his badge.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2019, 03:15:09 AM »
I have a normal adult badge still haven't gotten it

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2019, 07:14:05 AM »
I'm Pro and still haven't gotten it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2019, 08:07:57 AM »
My family & I received the e-mail that our badges were shipping on 2/22. None of us have received them yet :(.  I check USPS Informed Delivery every day....Maybe today will be the day! :)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »
The complete program schedule is live: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »
The portal is now open!

Deadline is March 19 (noon PT). Credits (may vary by day) are now being used for signings and you can “add/remove available exclusive signings to/from your Interest List.”
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:09:18 PM by Mario Wario »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2019, 03:52:37 PM »
Details regarding the new 'credits' in the Exclusives Portal and how it works.

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
I received my badge but not my 13 y/o daughters badge yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
With the schedule out, what panels or booths/exhibitors/artists are you most excited to check out this year? I think the programming schedule and the amount of footage being brought to screen is wonderful compared to recent years!