Author Topic: The Suicide Squad: DC movie universe has a Kaiju(!!!!!!!!)  (Read 992 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
The Suicide Squad: DC movie universe has a Kaiju(!!!!!!!!)
« on: March 26, 2021, 09:55:35 AM »

OMG: we have
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've been a James Gunn fan since his OG days working for Troma Studios.  He's always been a gifted writer who knows how to bring heavy drama with awesomely fun action & comedy.  He's never let me down, and it truly feels like THE SUICIDE SQUAD is Gunn at the absolute top of his game.  WB must agree, since Gunn is currently shooting a spin-off series w/John Cena's Peacemaker character.
Also, bonus points for no co-opting Steely Dan's "Dirty Work" away from "The Sopranos" in my brain  :P

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Re: The Suicide Squad: DC movie universe has a Kaiju(!!!!!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »
Thanks for the spoilers in the title....

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:27:40 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 06:21:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for the spoilers in the title....

I mean...I didn't name the Kaiju (and I certainly didn't think of
as a kaiju before it was spoken in the trailer), though I did but spoiler marks to conceal the kaiju identity (hell, for all you know maybe it's Godzilla since they're both kinda controlled by WB currently).
Also, as Gunn himself said after the GotG vol 2 sizzle reel, it's not a spoiler if its in the trailer.

Apologies if somehow mentioning that there's a kaiju in the DC movie universe (again, a statement literally made in the trailer) in an excited way that I assumed would've made most DC comics/movies fans immediately click to find out what I mean; I thought I was being broad enough to not offend spoilerphobes.  Sincerely, I'm sorry if I upset

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 07:35:57 PM »
For those who maybe are only familiar with The Suicide Squad based on the first film, comic writer/comedian/all-around-great-human Gail Simone does a bit of trailer deep-diving this evening on her twitter feed: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(if there's not already an entire thread somewhere around here about how awesome Gail is both as a comics pro & as a person, I'd be a little shocked)

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 09:17:53 PM »
Just think, we wouldn’t be blessed with this movie if some twitter troll hadn’t gotten Gunn fired(briefly) by Marvel/Disney.

Sent from my ???? using

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »
Just think, we wouldn’t be blessed with this movie if some twitter troll hadn’t gotten Gunn fired(briefly) by Marvel/Disney.

Sent from my ???? using
Right?!  Life moves in mysterious ways sometimes: sometimes way that TOTALLY benefit comic nerds!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Re: The Suicide Squad: DC movie universe has a trailer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 02:45:34 PM »
I mean...I didn't name the Kaiju (and I certainly didn't think of
as a kaiju before it was spoken in the trailer), though I did but spoiler marks to conceal the kaiju identity (hell, for all you know maybe it's Godzilla since they're both kinda controlled by WB currently).
Also, as Gunn himself said after the GotG vol 2 sizzle reel, it's not a spoiler if its in the trailer.

Apologies if somehow mentioning that there's a kaiju in the DC movie universe (again, a statement literally made in the trailer) in an excited way that I assumed would've made most DC comics/movies fans immediately click to find out what I mean; I thought I was being broad enough to not offend spoilerphobes.  Sincerely, I'm sorry if I upset
Many of us don't watch trailers as they are full of spoilers....I'm just saying maybe change the title of the thread for those of us that don't want to see it.