Author Topic: 2022 SDCC Publisher's Weekly about SDCC  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
2022 SDCC Publisher's Weekly about SDCC
« on: July 02, 2022, 04:19:43 PM »
Saw this blurb at SDCCUB, but a Publishers Weekly article gives a little more insight about who's coming and who has opted out. Along with news of new publishers making their debut.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Out: Already we knew WB/DC, but they confirm Dark Horse will not attend (something that was more rumor but this seems more official now) and also Drawn and Quarterly will be absent for the first time after attending for decades.

New: Immortal Studios, Interpop, Tapas Media/Wuxia World, Three Worlds/Three Moons, and Z2 will make their con debuts. Not too familiar with them, but should be interesting to see what they have. Toei Animation (home to DBZ and Sailor Moon among others) will also be there, which I think is their first time.

Still Going: They confirmed G4 is there along with Comixology, Top Cow/IDW, Fantagraphics and Image/Skybound (although the article indicates their booth will be smaller than in past years). And we knew about Funkoville (which the article calls Funkoverse) but they note that it'll be big. Also, activations outside seem to be confirmed to be on track with what we saw in years past.

While we wait for more info, I am heartened by the news of new blood and some returning favorites. Can't wait!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 06:21:29 PM by mllNY »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Really excited for G4 back. For those who don't know they relaunched last fall and have been streaming to youtube and twitch which gets cut down for the TV channel.

Kinda surprised they are having a booth since their numbers haven't been looking good and they had to restructure or cancel some programs. Hope they do live Attack of the Show like in the old days from the floor.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:59:56 PM by Car_Low »

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2022 SDCC Publisher's Weekly about SDCC
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:55:12 PM »

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
Z2’s thing is collaborating with famous music artists and creating graphic novels and art books based on their work. They’ve worked with some pretty big names and have a Tori Amos graphic novel coming out in September, so it will be interesting to see who they promote and bring with them.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Z2’s thing is collaborating with famous music artists and creating graphic novels and art books based on their work. They’ve worked with some pretty big names and have a Tori Amos graphic novel coming out in September, so it will be interesting to see who they promote and bring with them.
Last SDCC, they held a concert with Poppy for her comic book - it was a fun time, and I got her autograph and a picture with her. I was wearing a shirt my husband printed with some of the artwork from the Poppy comic book, and the creator was tickled, and took a pic for his Insta. It will definitely be interesting to see what they will bring. The latest collaboration has been with Dee Snider.
Ang

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
Last SDCC, they held a concert with Poppy for her comic book - it was a fun time, and I got her autograph and a picture with her. I was wearing a shirt my husband printed with some of the artwork from the Poppy comic book, and the creator was tickled, and took a pic for his Insta. It will definitely be interesting to see what they will bring. The latest collaboration has been with Dee Snider.

Article actually states that they are pairing with Major Lazer and what a coincidence, they are going to be there Thurs, July 21 at Bloom Nightclub (shoutout to frgx for discovering this and posting info).

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
I'm very interested to see what Z2 brings.  I'm all for band signings.  Ready for more bands other than Coheed there every year.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Basically confirming G4 for SDCC