Author Topic: CCI 2012 Hotel Sale Date and Pricing  (Read 40570 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: CCI 2012 Hotel Sale Date and Pricing
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »
I believe it will be similar to the Early Bird reservation system (although not identical).

You can check out this system here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You can pretend to make a reservation, all the way up to the credit card info page.

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »
I believe it will be similar to the Early Bird reservation system (although not identical).

You can check out this system here:

You can pretend to make a reservation, all the way up to the credit card info page.

I think it's going to be different in the respect that you won't be searching for a hotel like on the Early Bird sale. There will be a web form where you put in your personal info and select 1-20 hotels in the order you prefer them (via a menu box selection so no chance to misspell) and it does not book you right away, your form will get processed in time-stamp order (supposedly) depending on when you submit it, so in theory the faster you complete and submit the form the better chance you will have of getting your first choices.

The personal information they will want should be similar to the Early Bird sale although they are not going to ask for payment information on the form you fill out on the 29th. Once they confirm your reservation via email you will have to go online using the info they send in your confirmation email and enter payment information to guarantee your two nights deposit (maybe only one night if you're only going for one night).

Other than your info you will need the names of the people staying in your room(s).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 10:59:46 AM »

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
How much more do you think it will cost, claiming say, 2 people to a room? I noticed that they had said it would these rates they posted are only good for 1 person per room occupancy..

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
Here are some of the Program Benefits from Travel Planners... Eases the heart a bit knowing that we don't compete with the general public for these opportunities if i'm reading it right.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »
Well we're not competing with the general public at all... we're competing with everyone who has badges for SDCC. But that's still a lot of people.

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
question....i noticed on that hotel form that they have specific days squared off. when i filled in the dates i could click on the 9th but i couldn't click on the 18th, which is my length of stay. does this mean that i'll have to click on the days that they have available and then call the hotel personally to extend my stay? i would have figured that they'd have the full two weeks blocked off. silly me. i'd appreaciate any answers to my question. thanks.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
I'm guessing they don't have rooms booked off for that long. Try booking with the hotel directly from Sunday of the Con through the end of your stay. You could probably get a decent rate. For example, the Marriott Marquis can give you a room for $119 per night for that period. You may want to do this for the 9th and 10th as well.

Then book the CCI block for the other nights. Once you get a hotel confirmation number, call up the hotel directly and have your reservations linked. Chances are extremely good they'll be able to let you stay in the same room the entire time. Other than the Con days themselves, it is very likely the hotel won't be full, and so it shouldn't be a problem. '

Anyhow, that's what I'd do.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »
question....i noticed on that hotel form that they have specific days squared off. when i filled in the dates i could click on the 9th but i couldn't click on the 18th, which is my length of stay. does this mean that i'll have to click on the days that they have available and then call the hotel personally to extend my stay? i would have figured that they'd have the full two weeks blocked off. silly me. i'd appreaciate any answers to my question. thanks.
I'm guessing they don't have rooms booked off for that long.
Yep. It's generally the case with conventions that have a large hotel block.  I staff a few cons small and large, so this has been my experience: the convention only makes certain deals with the neighboring hotels (or the hotels around a certain radius).  They settle on a specific number of rooms and days at the hotels. These rooms on certain days are now "blocked off." Once it passes a certain date--either before or after the convention's "blocked off" dates--the convention can no longer offer the room rate for the hotel because of contractual issues. Thus, once the contracted dates are over, the hotels can release the "blocked off" rooms to the general public at their normal room rates.

Hope that helps to clarify, generally, how the process works. ^_^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
I think the thing is that Comic-Con has negotiated rates for the dates listed. These are probably less than you would ordinarily be able to get yourself when booking during a peak convention period. For the dates outside that range you probably don't need the Comic-Con rate because you can find a cheaper rate yourself online. I just did a search on a couple of online travel booking sites, expedia.com and hotels.com for your night on 7/17 and I see some hotels around the convention center with lower rates than Comic-Con rates so you might want to book this on your own.

Alternatively, once you get a confirmed reservation through Comic-Con you should be able to request additional days outside the range through Travel Planners, but if they don't give you a lower rate then you'll do better on your own.

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 09:18:03 PM »
Thank you all so much for your replies. Your information has given me some options as to what to do for the days the Con hotels don't have the sale prices.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
CCI email 3.28.12
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

Attendees, Professionals, Press
Comic-Con 2012 Hotel Reservations will open March 29, 2012

Hotel reservations for Comic-Con 2012 will open on March 29 at 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time  (PDT) (12:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time EDT). As everyone knows from the past few years, the discounted rate offered by Comic-Con on the rooms in our block means that they tend to sell out in the first hour.

Starting at 9:00 am PT on March 29, 2012, you will be able to access the reservation request form via this page: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or by calling 1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642) or 212-532-1660.

There are more hotel rooms available than ever before. Most of them are on the Comic-Con Shuttle routes. This year's shuttle will run 24 hours starting on Thursday morning and running through Sunday at 7:00 pm.
Once confirmed, all hotel reservations will require a deposit of two night’s room and tax for each room booked. This will encourage people to release unwanted rooms in advance so people on the wait list can reserve them.
Please visit the Comic-Con Hotel page at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for complete information and tips on reserving your room.

Deposit & Cancellation Schedule

-     You will get your reservation confirmation e-mail listing the hotel or hotels where you have reservations on April 1, 2012. If you are happy with your hotels, please follow the directions on your confirmation and go back online to pay the required deposit within 48 hours of receiving your confirmation or your reservation will be cancelled.

If you are not happy with your hotel and do not plan to confirm your reservation, please log on and cancel your reservation so another attendee can have a chance at getting your room.

-    May 4, 2012
                  All Hotel reservation deposits are fully refundable until May 4, 2012.
                  This does not include rooms reserved through the Early Bird Hotel Sale.
May 5 - June 1
                  For cancellations from May 5 to June 1, 2012, a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room and tax will be charged. The cancellation
                  fee will be deducted from your deposit.
June 2, 2012
                  Starting on June 2, 2012, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.

Please bookmark this link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or cut and paste the link into your browser if you have problems loading it.

Thank you,
Comic-Con

email end

eta;
I have heard a number of people saying, they've had good luck getting their desired hotel by waiting till just after the deadlines.  So for example, the first deadline is 48 hours after April 1st, so apparently April 3rd would be a good day to check the tp hotel listing...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:10:47 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline kundun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
My friend and I have separate Member IDs and will be bringing our families.  Must I provide the names of young children for the reservation (we have kids of ages 2, 4 and 6) tomorrow morning?

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
My friend and I have separate Member IDs and will be bringing our families.  Must I provide the names of young children for the reservation (we have kids of ages 2, 4 and 6) tomorrow morning?

Don't think so. It shouldn't be any different than booking any other hotel. Last year I took my family and didn't list everybody when I booked and it was fine.

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
Hmm, I'm not sure. Are you making the reservations for both you and your friend? How many will be in your room? You can book multiple rooms with one request form (will probably both be charged to the person making the reservation) or book separately.  It should be a bit similar to the Early Bird sale. You have to select the room type for each room. Room type can be one of:

Single : One person with one bed
Double : Two people with one bed
Twin   : Two people with two beds
Triple : Three people with two beds
Quad   : Four people with two beds

Depending on how many people are in the room type you select, that's how many names you have to put in.

Since you say you are bringing your family and have three kids I'm assuming your wife is coming too so you will have 5 in your room? Is that right?

I would guess if you have a Quad room but with kids as young as yours that you would put in four names (you, wife, two of the kids) and that's all you can do. I would think at most hotels some number of kids under a certain age can stay for free but it depends on the hotel what their individual policy would be.

If you want to live on the edge and try to save a few bucks on the room you might try to request a twin room (two people with two beds) and find places for the kids to sleep around the room. I wouldn't do this myself because I'd be afraid they would see I only had two people listed on the reservation and downgrade me to a room with one bed. To be safe, if it were me, I would at least book a tripple room and probably a quad. Then you should have the best chance of getting two beds.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
It doesn't hurt to put your kids' names on the reservation, just in case, so I would do it if I were you!