Author Topic: BBC America's Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, Hall H, 12:30pm-1:30pm  (Read 19660 times)

Yzrfan

Doctor Who at SDCC 2013
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
TJ is no bueno

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
Doctor Who at SDCC 2013
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:09 AM »
The BBC Scheduling Department have already announced there will be a 'massive presence' at Comic-Con for Who to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Might be spread over more of the Con this year...

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
  • Liked: 0
Re: Doctor Who at SDCC 2013
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 07:42:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The BBC Scheduling Department have already announced there will be a 'massive presence' at Comic-Con for Who to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Might be spread over more of the Con this year...

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Oh man, that makes me excited! The things I could buy!

Out of curiosity, has Alex Kingston ever made an appearance? I know we don't know what is in store for her in the series, but she is one of my favorites :)

angel_k

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »

Really?  OMG!  Yay!  I have no doubt that it'd be there, but hearing something official is always good.  Where did you see this announced?

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
Alex Kingston could be there in a DW capacity or for Arrow. It could anyone's guess until we know for certain a week or two before. I missed Barrowman but i am hoping he will be there again. I am hoping for at least one of the classic Doctors to make an appearance and sign.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »
Alex Kingston could be there in a DW capacity or for Arrow. It could anyone's guess until we know for certain a week or two before. I missed Barrowman but i am hoping he will be there again. I am hoping for at least one of the classic Doctors to make an appearance and sign.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

She's in Arrow?

angel_k

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 03:59:49 PM »
She's in Arrow?

Was just about the post this.  What??  I don't want to diss the show because I know some people here are probably fans, but I gave up on it.  I came for Katie Cassidy (Ruby 1.0 on Supernatural), stayed longer than I should have for John Barrowman (Jack Harkness) and now, well, I might have to catch up if she's going to make an appearance.  The plot isn't gripping me, but I love the people involved.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »
Was just about the post this.  What??

I've never watched Arrow, but she's supposed to play You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  The role sounds like a guest starring gig, so unless she gets promoted, I wouldn't count on her showing up at Comic Con for it.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
Arrow is quite interesting for me. I dvr'd several episodes then did a mini marathon. Got my wife hooked just like I did for Who. Yes the stories could be stronger but it is a fresh take on things and not glossy as some CW or other hero shows. The show runners like genre so they will try to cast fun people here and there.

Back to Who. I was hoping last year that Jenna Coleman would pop out on us but it did not happen. The wait to see what happens will be fun.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:45 PM »
If there is a Dr. Who panel, I think it's going to be one of the biggest panels of the convention this year.  Can you imagine if they pulled together a reunion?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »
FYI, NerdHQ had a Doctor Who panel last year as well. It sold out quick1

Offline Luxuria

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:53 PM »
I didn't camp out for the Doctor Who panel last year, but I did get there before 5am on the Sunday to get in line (and I had come down with a cold the night before). The line went so long after me that eventually people became dots.  Mind you though, it was the third panel of the day after Fringe (last panel for the show since it was ending) and Supernatural.

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
FYI, NerdHQ had a Doctor Who panel last year as well. It sold out quick1

If they do another one I am definitely trying for it :)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »
If they do another one I am definitely trying for it :)

Make sure you're following the Nerd Machine on Twitter then.  From what I remember, last year's panel was announced early Wednesday morning (day of Preview Night) and put on sale shortly after.  I was on the Amtrak heading to the con at that point and didn't hear about it until after getting into San Diego (by which tickets had come and gone).  I doubt I would have changed my Saturday plans for it (since for me, Marvel Cinematic Universe > everything else), but it was rather disappointing to not have even had the chance to consider it.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 01:53:57 AM »
Yeap, Dr. Who was on Sunday last year and it was right after the Fringe Farewell panel and Supernatural panel @ Hall H respectively.

Just to give you an idea of how insane the queues are:
I decided to begin queuing (in full cosplay) at 2am and assumed that I'd be pretty ahead in line. BOY WAS I SO WRONG. Apparently, people had already started to queue at 9pm the night before, and by the time I headed down to the Convention Centre the line had already curled allll the way to the walkway facing the sea by the Hilton. Just so you know, most of them were Dr. Who fans, judging by their outfits. :)

By 5am there were people in the park-like area even further down. But once they start making people stand up and compress the lines, it got much better and we ended up in the first 1/3 of the room. :)