Author Topic: Hall H Wristbands  (Read 10410 times)

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Hall H Wristbands
« on: July 07, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »
Anyone remember when they put out wristband distribution times last year?  Wanting to schedule our line shifts but need that key bit of info  :P :P

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
Re: Hall H Wristbands
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
Tuesday, July 12. The week before the con.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:36:26 PM »

Offline Alwaysmidnight

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Distribution Dates and Times
Wednesday, July 19: Wristband distribution for Thursday panels in Hall H will begin at 9:00 PM in the general Hall H line in Plaza Park.

Thursday, July 20: Wristband distribution for Friday panels in Hall H will begin at 7:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.

Friday, July 21: Wristband distribution for Saturday panels in Hall H will begin at 8:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.

Saturday, July 22: Wristband distribution for Sunday panels in Hall H will begin at 7:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.

Please Note: Wristband distribution will continue throughout the night until all wristbands are distributed or until 7:30 AM the following day.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
The wristband idea makes sense - but how long does it take to distribute the wristbands the night before? In other words, I am thinking here is already a long line forming just to get the wristbands before they actually give them out - so, if over 6,000 are already in line by the designated time the night before to get a wristband - how long does it take for them to actually pass out that number of wristbands? If it takes most of the night it would just be same as waiting in line to get in in the first place?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
It does take hours, but they're usually done by about 1am. If you don't care where you are in the room, then at least you can get around 5-6 hours of sleep.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
It took awhile before because they only had a few people handing them out and putting them in you plus they stopped and started again numerous times. Unless you're right up front expect to wait 3 or 4 more hours from start.

The wristband idea makes sense - but how long does it take to distribute the wristbands the night before? In other words, I am thinking here is already a long line forming just to get the wristbands before they actually give them out - so, if over 6,000 are already in line by the designated time the night before to get a wristband - how long does it take for them to actually pass out that number of wristbands? If it takes most of the night it would just be same as waiting in line to get in in the first place?

Online sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:33:45 AM »
In 2015 it was after 2am when I got my Group D wristband for Saturday.  Of course, that was the year Zac Snyder drove by the front of the line in the Batmobile, so that stopped wristband distribution for about an hour.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »
In 2015 it was after 2am when I got my Group D wristband for Saturday.  Of course, that was the year Zac Snyder drove by the front of the line in the Batmobile, so that stopped wristband distribution for about an hour.
Admittedly, that was pretty awesome: free hats & t-shirts!  Also, he pulled out going south on Harbor, so I could only assume that Snyder went down to TJ for the night/early morning  :P

Offline Supernatural101

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hall H Wristbands Ada help
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 03:15:13 AM »
Hi I'm not new to comiccon but I am Ada and am wondering if anyone could help me with understanding the Ada line for hall h I know there is a wrist band that gets handed out in the regular line is it the same for Ada also where does Ada line up for hall h and if I am unable to spend the night due to my disability is my attendant able to get the wrist banand for us both or do I need to be there for that portion I have done autograph lines before with Ada but never hall h any info would really help me out thank you so much

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »
Yeah, I've seen wristband distribution take significantly longer than 1-2am (like in the range of 2:30-4am.) You kind of just have to hope for the best with it.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Alwaysmidnight

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 22
Re: Hall H Wristbands Ada help
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
Hi I'm not new to comiccon but I am Ada and am wondering if anyone could help me with understanding the Ada line for hall h I know there is a wrist band that gets handed out in the regular line is it the same for Ada also where does Ada line up for hall h and if I am unable to spend the night due to my disability is my attendant able to get the wrist banand for us both or do I need to be there for that portion I have done autograph lines before with Ada but never hall h any info would really help me out thank you so much

The hall H Ada line starts right next to the side entrance where the big tents are. Next to the doors to go in to hall H. It snakes around building closely pushed up to the wall. And will come back like a serpentine as the line grows longer. Your attendant can save your spot in line for you both any time but you must be present to receive your wristband. No exceptions. Once you have your wristband youre welcome to leave and return the next morning by 730 am I believe.  It won't take too long after they start Ada wristbands ... But that might not be right on time like they post 730pm to start passing out.? Night not start actually  til 9..but be there by 730 or 8 depending on what night

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
Yeah, I've seen wristband distribution take significantly longer than 1-2am (like in the range of 2:30-4am.) You kind of just have to hope for the best with it.
Or hope you're much closer to the front of the line... O0

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
Or hope you're much closer to the front of the line... O0

It definitely helps, but part of the problem is condensing (into the shutes) after wristbands are handed out. Sometimes they wait longer to start moving people forward, sometimes they don't (ex. one year they moved the line forward, closer to the entrance for the shutes before distribution. Next day, they did the opposite, handing out wristbands and then taking people up in groups.) First year of the wristbands, we were in the first 100-150 people and we still didn't get to our spot to camp out until about 12:30AM. I can't imagine what it was for people behind us, especially people in B-C etc.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »
It definitely helps, but part of the problem is condensing (into the shutes) after wristbands are handed out. Sometimes they wait longer to start moving people forward, sometimes they don't (ex. one year they moved the line forward, closer to the entrance for the shutes before distribution. Next day, they did the opposite, handing out wristbands and then taking people up in groups.) First year of the wristbands, we were in the first 100-150 people and we still didn't get to our spot to camp out until about 12:30AM. I can't imagine what it was for people behind us, especially people in B-C etc.
Yeah that first year was brutal.  I was far enough back that my sleeping zone was on the bay side of the sidewalk, though fairly close to the wrap-around.  It did seem to take quite awhile to get wristbands that year.
Last few years haven't been a problem.  In 2016 I was home by 11:30pm or so from getting tickets, and when I came back the next morning my place in line ended up about halfway under the first chute (after the 'herd them in as tightly as possible' event)

Luckily I definitely think CCI has gotten better every year for this logistic

Online sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 07:19:36 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who assumed it was an equal number of wristbands for each group A,B, C, and D.  Seems likt that's not actually the case.  Saturday morning, we were group A and fortunate enough to be in Chute 2 when Chutes were first loaded in the morning.  When 3 was loading, I looked over and saw a group that clearly had B wristbands.  And two chutes alone do not hold 1500 people.