Author Topic: Post Covid Business changes, Closed/Open, indoor/outdoor etc  (Read 1703 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Post Covid Business changes, Closed/Open, indoor/outdoor etc
« on: April 12, 2021, 06:12:47 PM »
I took a long ride today on my motorcycle & noticed a lot of closed restaurants. I started wondering about the actual effect of the covid shutdown on the businesses and activities. I thought it would be a good idea to have a listing of places that have gone out of business. Please post if you know of any other stores/restaurants that have closed

"After shutting our doors more than a year ago, today we must share the difficult and sad news that Pacific will not be reopening its ArcLight Cinemas and Pacific Theatres locations," the company said in a statement."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:16:07 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Post Covid Business changes, Closed/Open, indoor/outdoor etc
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 04:18:04 AM »
SeaWorld just opened their rides
must be a CA resident but no verification is requested
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 08:09:50 AM »
Harbor House (home of the FoCC Sunday Dinner) closed. :(   They were supposed to change to a different restaurant in early in 2022, but closed instead last year due to COVID.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
I expect I will have a lot of updates to make to my SDCC restaurant Google doc  :(
Ang

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 07:25:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I expect I will have a lot of updates to make to my SDCC restaurant Google doc  :(
At some point I can take a walk around to do reconosince

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 04:23:04 PM »
At some point I can take a walk around to do reconosince

I wish I would've poked around the Gaslamp earlier this week; we went to the SD Zoo, and stopped over by Petco Park because 1) I miss going to baseball games so much (but don't want to pay $100's of dollars per seat, as prices were for the Dodgers series  >:( ) and b) I wanted to drop into the team store to see if they had anything I _had_ to buy.  I'll hopefully get to a Padres game during their next homestead in a few weeks, and I'll do some recon then if no one else has.

As for going to the SD Zoo (and Safari Park, which I went to as well - hey, we're on Spring Break & fully vaxxed!):
* AWESOME EZPZ reservation process online.  We renewed our membership and once that's done it just a matter of a few website clicks.
* the health screening is incredibly easy as well.  As the Zoo they have most of the whole front 1/3rd of their parking lot closed and roped off in lines with several 'booths' of staff asking standard health questions.  There are also a ton of porta-potties at the near the entrance to the health screening line for anyone that has to go and can't wait.  We went to the Zoo Monday am, not long after opening, so there was no wait.
At the Safari Park their health screening is a drive-in process in the parking lot so it was even easier.  Again, we went on a Thursday not long after open so no waiting.  The best part, though, was we were able to park in what used to be the VIP/Reserved (ie extra pay) parking: so no traversing a hill in the parking lot that one would have to take on if they parked further away!
* folks were generally REALLY good about social distancing and masks: and most were generally aware of smaller kids existed to get closer looks at the animals and were giving the kids room/space.  Some of the exhibits are not open (for example, at the Safari Park the bat house is closed), and some indoor exhibits that are indoors have a 'fast pass' type ticketing service where you get a ticket and then come back (ex: the platypus exhibit at the Safari Park, though good luck seeing those shy buggers who apparently rarely come out of their 'cave' off-exhibit).  The petting zoos are closed, and some of the exhibits now have arrows to streamline the flow: the majority of folks actually followed the arrows, but at every exhibit with 'em there were of course a family or two who did their own thing.

My wife has asthma, and we (especially her) have been on the way "safe" side throughout the pandemic: not shopping inside a grocery store for the most part since July 3rd 2020, not getting any food for take-out, not really going anywhere.  Our youngest has been a virtual learner all year, and our college kiddo is also virtual their entire frosh year, and my wife has been working from home since March 13th 2020; I'm the only one who's been going to work regularly in-person, but that's pretty much all I've been going to.  It was a big deal for my wife especially to get out of the house, but we know how wide-open the Zoo & Safari Park generally are and felt comfortable & everything went smooth.  I personally am now looking forward to going to baseball games & the movie theater, and I think we're also ready to get some restaurant food (though, to bring this thread back around, our favorite Thai food in Carmel Mt./Rancho Bernardo area closed last summer so we are on the lookout for a good local Thai restaurant).

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 12:11:17 PM »
Thai Om is good

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 04:48:33 AM »
Thai Om is good

Is that a gas lamp restaurant?

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »
San Marcos

A good gaslamp one is Thai Time, by NBC studios.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:30:51 AM by Miss Kitty »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 08:56:37 AM »
San Marcos

A good gaslamp one is Thai Time, by NBC studios.

and it's still open? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 12:53:51 AM »
Harbor House (home of the FoCC Sunday Dinner) closed. :(   They were supposed to change to a different restaurant in early in 2022, but closed instead last year due to COVID.

Oh no.   :(
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019