Author Topic: Star Trek Bar Experience  (Read 7170 times)

Offline nightshade

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 20
Re: Star Trek Bar Experience
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2022, 09:35:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay, so I went to the LA one and loved it enough to go back and take my dad this time. I'll answer a couple things that keep coming up based on the LA experience ONLY:

LA cost $25, which included 2 alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks and food from whatever food truck was there that night. My friend and I didn't read closely and didn't realize food was included until we got there. We'd already eaten, so we just had drinks. You could buy more drinks after you used up your 2 pre-purchased ones through the app (we wanted to try them all so we bought 1 extra to share).

The bar was completely themed out. It's the Picard bar but there were tons of clever little throwbacks to other series and characters. I thought it was really well done and immersive; YMMV of course.

The ticket also meant your seat/table was reserved for the 90-minute slot, which meant no hovering around looking for a place to sit, and you could leave the table without worrying someone would sweep in and swipe your seat.

There was no swag at LA, just several photo ops and actors wandering around you could interact with. They weren't specific characters from the show, just aliens who happened to be hanging out in this bar, which I personally enjoyed. There was a small merch booth in one corner where you could buy shirts, posters, glassware, and a cocktail book. You could also buy the Chateau Picard wines and spirits, but they couldn't deliver them onsite; you were essentially buying a voucher for the website. I bought a shirt and it's really soft and thin and fitted, exactly how I like my t-shirts.

If you like immersive as opposed to being hit over the head with branding and storylines, this is for you. If not, not. I do hope the SDCC experience is just a little upgraded since the price is more than double (swag would be great), but for me, a meal and two alcoholic drinks for $60 (which includes tax and there was nowhere to tip) isn't that out of line. I also live in LA, so again, YMMV.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Was the included food any good?  And was it an actual meal or more appetizers/snacks?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2022, 10:51:00 PM »
@nightshade The food seemed to be entree-sized from what I could see around us, but as I said we didn't eat. Also, the food was from a different LA based food truck every night, so it will probably be totally different in San Diego.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 08:48:23 PM »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 11:27:58 PM »
Anyone remember the cool TNG bar inside the Las Vegas Hilton back when they had the Star Trek Experience there? That place was awesome.

My friends and I had drinks and an appetizer and a Ferengi came over acting an ass inquiring if we had and gold-pressed latinum

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 11:38:59 PM »
YES!!! I loved that place! A Ferengi tried to buy the children of the couple just ahead of us in line, but he called the deal off when he realized he was obligated to feed them

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2022, 12:59:14 AM »
Anyone remember the cool TNG bar inside the Las Vegas Hilton back when they had the Star Trek Experience there? That place was awesome.

My friends and I had drinks and an appetizer and a Ferengi came over acting an ass inquiring if we had and gold-pressed latinum

Yes.

I was having a hamburger when a Klingon came to my table and asked me how it was.  I said it was good.  He said too bad it was dead.   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
I remember that place! And the experience itself was fun too. DH and I talked about having a 'second wedding' ceremony there in full uniform. I was so sad when it closed down.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2022, 10:54:16 AM »

The Star Trek Experience was great.  It's a shame they shut it down.  I didn't have time to hang out at the restaurant but I was able to do the experience once on the way to the airport after finishing floor duty at a trade show.  Really the only thing I remember about it was the bridge.  That was awesome.  I wish we had more time to look around there but it was a narrative so the show had to go on.

I saw a documentary about it.  It was first envisioned to be a much bigger thing.  What ended up being built was scaled down.  I think it was before it's time.  I think it could have been done successfully today.  Like the Star Wars and Harry Potter ones.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2022, 10:11:49 PM »
Tickets no longer available, so I guess it sold out.

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2022, 08:10:55 AM »
Dang it! I waited too long to commit to a time! Wondering if they'll have a stand-by line for walk ins?!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2022, 10:41:39 AM »
Wow... every single timeslot sold out?

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2022, 12:01:08 PM »
Not sure why that’s surprising — every reservation for the Mooby’s food pop up is also taken.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2022, 09:34:53 AM »
Not sure why that’s surprising — every reservation for the Mooby’s food pop up is also taken.
only Thursday at 5:30 time slot is available.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2022, 09:36:00 AM »

I figured the cost would slow down the signups... guess not!

Certainly, this sets a precedent for future events.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »
If anyone has an open spot for a +1 lmk

I may be interested-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2022, 10:09:16 AM »
I figured the cost would slow down the signups... guess not!

Certainly, this sets a precedent for future events.

I wouldn’t describe the $30 for a Jay and Silent Bob themed fast food meal as a bargain!  :-)