Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th  (Read 27610 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 04:45:32 PM »
Personally, I think this is awesome and for people whining about "#1 fans" and camping outside and "earning it," get out of here with that. With some signings, like Marvel (during SDCC), it didn't matter if you were first or last because it was a raffle. You pulled a ticket and you either one or you didn't. IMO, this isn't much different.

It's just not safe to have people camping out and sleeping outside JUST to MAYBE get an autograph. Like other people have said, what about those with kids? health issues? coming in from out of town? Should they miss out just because of those issues? No.

Offline Desiree3181

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
Yeah, kinda not fair to those of us who are working and can't be by a computer or phone.  >:(

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:24:05 AM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »
Look, no matter how it's done, it will NEVER be fair. Life isn't fair. It happens.

Offline MissyC

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 04:55:27 PM »
agree, no matter how it is done, it will never be 'fair' to someone

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »
100,000 people; ~100 tickets per giveaway is .1% of the attending population no matter what you will have upset people

In my opinion it will obviously cut down on people overnighting it, however I still think there will still be some camping out for 2 reasons.
1. Uninformed fans who will still think the tickets are being given away at the show day of. Trust me it will happen and trust me they will complain. It will happen
2. People who may want to make sure they get into the former ign theater or Hall H syndrome

2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 08:23:52 PM »
Thanks guys! I definitely appreciate the support. I post here because I feel that you have a respectful audience and forum. I'm happy to hear the good and the bad comments. We can debate and keep it positive and I really appreciate that. We want our autographing program to be as fair as possible for every fan. If the time of the raffle is a huge issue on this first round let me know and we will change it for the second round. My hope is that by giving away the tickets in this way it will be easier on fans, give more fans an opportunity to get free autographing tickets and ultimately be safer for fans. We have been very blessed by good weather at NYCC for several years even though it was very cold last year. I know this is an extreme example but Hurricane Sandy happened right after NYCC last year. What if we have a severe lightning storm while fans are camped out overnight for autograph tickets? That could be scary. Hopefully this program will reduce the amount of people wanting to camp out overnight and give everyone a fair shot at the autograph they want. I'm sure there will still be lines to get in and that is a huge compliment for us. I love seeing everyone there when I get to the building in the morning. Thanks for understanding and for at least being open to the new autographing procedure. When you have 100,000+ people and only 50 autograph tickets available for certain people you will always disappoint someone. It is simple supply and demand. Hopefully this new procedure will at least give everyone a fair shot and make the entire experience easier for fans.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
We're happy to have you engage us back and listen to comments. As to debating, hey people are going to have different opinions and that is OK, but we do stress to keep it respectful to everyone here, we are a positive community.

Even if you change the time you will still have people argue. Like you say you will never please 100% of the population. I mean if you had the giveaway open up at 6 PM on a Wednesday I would be at the Gym and would certainly be upset about it if I missed a ticket opportunity. If you have it at 12 people who are not able to get in at 12 would also complain same for every hour.

Bottom line just don't have the ticketing open up at 5-7pm Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays as that is my Gym Time and nothing can go wrong ;D

Offline BKBroiler

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »
Brian, I know the Walking Dead wasn't announced in this round, but will they be part of this process in a future round or will that signing be handled differently through AMC directly?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »
a thought and an observation

My biggest concern with this system is that there will be folks trying for tickets who aim to resell them.  I understand that there will be robust system per Brian's comment and that gives me hope. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There will be no scalping of these tickets. there are additional security measures that we will only reveal to the winner of the autograph tickets. There will be several checks put in place and autograph tickets will not be exchanged, sold, etc or their will be forfeit. There will also be no opportunity for that to happen because of the structure we will have in place.

Or...what happens if someone wins a ticket & doesn't have a pass- yes they won't get to use the ticket but that ticket/slot will be lost to the fans. So instead of 50 tickets able to go threw the line only 49 will be allowed in line.  maybe an alternate pool would help, i.e.  if someone doesn't show, someone from the alternate pool would get the golden ticket.

One last thought regarding timing of the ticket pull/lottery.  Since this one is at noon on Wednesday perhaps the next one could be at noon on a Saturday?  some folks work m-f 9-5, some work in the service industry (weekends etc).  It's wonderful that there seems to be some leeway regarding the timing of the ticket pull!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 06:11:50 AM »
Is there a way I can use the FB mobile app instead of the computer in order to qualify for the free autograph giveaways?
Like ·
New York Comic Con said "Yes, and you can also use this link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login "
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
I agree that maybe having the 2nd round on a weekend might help quiet some of the rage about it being during the week. It'll give people a chance who maybe didn't have the time/ability for the 1st round.

And if someone who doesn't have a badge tries to win, that person is a moron, plain and simple. I'll never understand people who do crap like that.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And if someone who doesn't have a badge tries to win, that person is a moron, plain and simple. I'll never understand people who do crap like that.
weeeellllllll, at the risk of baring the brunt of the nerd rage- i was thinking of doing the lottery/ticket pull.  If i won i was going to *give* the ticket away, most likely to a nycc mod or attending forum member- <sheepish>

regardless, since there's safeguards in place it's a non-issue for folks who wanted to help out friends like myself. 
However, i've heard of some stupid stuff people do & wouldn't put it past someone to try & win a autograph tix without a badge.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
So who's trying today? I'm going for POI and The Following.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
just Robot Chicken. I've nt really caught onto the show but am a Seth Green fan. Waiting for TWD and Agents of Shield if they are done via the lottery.

I am just interested to see how it works out.

I would be there will be a lot of complaining starting around 12:15

Offline Powergirl33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 08:07:51 AM »
I am ready!  I am hoping to get Robot Chicken!  I have loved Seth since I was a teen!