Author Topic: NYCC (New York Comic Con) October 12-15, 2023  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Cubs23331

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 11
Re: NYCC (New York Comic Con) October 12-15, 2023
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 09:29:39 PM »
I'm with you there about the Saturday panels but the Back to the Future panel was one of the best ones that I've ever seen.  Great dynamic and friendship with Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox.  I too had heard that Thursday might be the best day to go in terms of crowds.  Thinking of maybe doing Thursday, Friday, and Sunday next year.  Kind of on the fence for Saturday.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah.  I may do Thursday, Friday next year.  Lately the Saturday panels have been spotlight stuff which I don't really care for and I'm finding a lot of the panels I really like have been on Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Offline jamiesugah

• Ballroom 20
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 441
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »
Looking at their schedule for this past con, NYCC seems to have far fewer fan panels than SDCC. I am thinking about going next year...and really enjoy smaller fan panels. Seeking thoughts from those who have attended.

Fan panels are almost nonexistent anymore. 2021 had some really good ones, but I imagine that's because the major players sat out and they needed content.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline sefton42

• Hall H
  • Liked: 393
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2022, 03:00:27 PM »
For better or worse, NYCC is much better about spreading around the panels than SDCC.  Saturday has actually been the weakest dar panel wise the last 3 times

It just depends what you're into.  This year I did multiple panels Saturday, I'm not counting 2021 because there were companies sitting out due to Covid, but I think I was pretty busy in 2019 too.  For me, the day that is often weakest is Friday.  I've had several years where there wasn't a panel I was interested in until late in the afternoon.  I've also had several years where I did no panels on Sunday.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1074
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 03:18:36 PM »
Fan panels are almost nonexistent anymore. 2021 had some really good ones, but I imagine that's because the major players sat out and they needed content.

Curious, as they solicit fan panels each year.   ::)
It is 2022 and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline jamiesugah

• Ballroom 20
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 441
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2022, 05:48:18 PM »
Oh, you know what? I'm misremembering. This year they had a couple of stages and the Pride Lounge and there were fan panels on those.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah