Author Topic: Marvel Studios: Thor and Captain America, Hall H, 6:00pm-7:00pm  (Read 34931 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Marvel at sdcc
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Guardians is pretty much the only wild card--I know that June was a rumored start, but that was a while ago.  Even if they don't have much (if anything ready) by Comic Con, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the cast anyways.

That's what I'd expect - close out the panel w/ a cast into. Probably won't have the star power Avengers had but would be a big way to leave a lasting impression and build momentum...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
Marvel at sdcc
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »
What's betting that Marvel wouldn't mind playing the same card they played for The Avengers in 2010? Wheeling out the 'Guardians...' cast in a big flourish? It's the biggest gamble that Marvel can possibly play - they HAVE to go all in and play the biggest hand ever to win over the crowd.

Now, can they actually keep the cast a secret for that length of time? Helps that they're filming out of the way in Shepperton...

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »
Now, can they actually keep the cast a secret for that length of time? Helps that they're filming out of the way in Shepperton...

I don't think they're actually trying to keep casting a secret.  Chris Pratt is confirmed for StarLord and Dave Bautista just got confirmed for Drax the Destroyer (I'm pretty much never going to get over Jason Momoa/his people screwing up those negotiations :'().  It doesn't look like they're going to cast anyone big name, so bringing them out even for a mini-panel could help build their profile/get fans on board.

Yzrfan

Marvel at sdcc
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 05:02:32 PM »
I don't care what they do, well yes I do, but I'm just stoked they will be there. Just knowing Marvel will be at SDCC is enough for me. I guess since they are having a huge panel, it's ok for them to miss WC. Bummed but ok with it because SDCC is right around the corner.

Offline xminorityx

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
really hope i can manage to get a ticket in the refund sale. i need to attend these panels aaaah

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
Out of all of the Marvel movies, I have a feeling GoTG will probably be the easiest to keep "secret" when they start filming. I imagine most will take place in studio unlike Thor or Iron Man.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 08:48:15 AM »
I don't care what they do, well yes I do, but I'm just stoked they will be there. Just knowing Marvel will be at SDCC is enough for me. I guess since they are having a huge panel, it's ok for them to miss WC. Bummed but ok with it because SDCC is right around the corner.

I'm late to the game but also excited to hear Marvel will have a heavy presence at SDCC.

Yzrfan

Marvel at sdcc
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
Better late then never.

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »
I'm late to the game but also excited to hear Marvel will have a heavy presence at SDCC.
I've been M.I.A. from the forum for the past couple days(I don't know what happened! ha ha) but I did hear about this before and it makes me really glad that they will be there :D

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
I've been M.I.A. from the forum for the past couple days(I don't know what happened! ha ha) but I did hear about this before and it makes me really glad that they will be there :D

The nerd in me is jumping for joy while the cynical half of my brain is saying, "wait wait wait: let's just wait and see in July."
I'm more excited than cynical about this, though I'm not letting my guard down just yet

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
The nerd in me is jumping for joy while the cynical half of my brain is saying, "wait wait wait: let's just wait and see in July."
I'm more excited than cynical about this, though I'm not letting my guard down just yet
A little cynism is warranted. Until an employee of Marvel Studios or Disney announces a panel it isn't official. El Mayimbe does not work for Marvel, so anything originating from him can only be viewed as speculation or an unsubstanciated rumor at this point. I remain optimistic at this point because of the amount of things they have to present this year that need exposure, but I'm unwilling to call it a done deal at this point.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 09:11:28 AM »

There is a part of me that still is holding some speculation, so as to not be too disappointed if it proves false. I still am letting myself be excited though for the time being :)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
Edgar wright showed a brief clip of Ant Man here in the UK on Tuesday night, when he was a guest at Q&A with his friend Adam Buxton. Wright also tweeted a pic last week that showed that he had finished shooting.

Think its very likely he will be there, and if he turns up I expect Mr Pegg and Mr Frost to make an appearance as well

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
I'd love a panel for Marvel because yes but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'll be super disappointed but I won't let it affect me for long. That means I get more freedom to walk inside the convention center, around the area and not miss other panels or happenings to stay in Hall H all day. Plus, in 2011, the Marvel booth had swag for DAYS and it was all around awesome.

If there is one, I totally wouldn't mind us all coordinating in the line as buddies so that we can optimize for good seating.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
I'd love a panel for Marvel because yes but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'll be super disappointed but I won't let it affect me for long. That means I get more freedom to walk inside the convention center, around the area and not miss other panels or happenings to stay in Hall H all day. Plus, in 2011, the Marvel booth had swag for DAYS and it was all around awesome.

If there is one, I totally wouldn't mind us all coordinating in the line as buddies so that we can optimize for good seating.

I've been working with a friend on Twitter about Hall H lol