Author Topic: 2013 NYCC, Looking for a Roommate? looking for a place to crash?  (Read 7541 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
LAYOUT
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel: (Which hotel you are staying at?  Are beds available? Is there floor space available?  Will there be roll-out beds?)

Days Booked: (Include which days)
Price: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (In other words, how many people do you want to be in your room? Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? (Ex: I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)
Please edit/modify your post if your room is full, or if you made any changes to the room.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't.

* Disclaimer*
****I do not vet people/agency's who post here!  Please use your personal judgement as to the other person****

Just a quick word about Condo Shares; If you Book the condo for a good price you will find people to share the cost.
Make sure you understand the *total cost*.  This includes taxes & cleaning fees.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:51:51 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
Name: Sarah
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express off Broadway (easy walk to Javits) includes breakfast. Room is non smoking with two double beds (though if I am lucky I may get a free upgrade, but plan for this room).

Days Booked: October 10-13 (Thursday-Sunday)
Price: $115/night  ($345 all 3 nights).
Smoking/Drinking: this is a nonsmoking room. Anyone of age is free to drink.
Spaces Left: One. There are 3 other people in the room already (2 girls, one guy).

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? Double bed non smoking room.
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I would prefer that everyone be over 21, but I don't care if you are male or female.
Include a brief description about yourself: I am awesome :D. Ok, really I am a 31 year old scientist who is planning on cosplaying. I don't feel or look 31 though (really! good genetics there. my 60 year old dad looks closer to his late 40s). I will be bringing my air compressor for air brush work if you need one or need help with painting yourself. I will be bringing drop cloths and the like, all you would need to bring is your paint. I will probably go out at night and would welcome any company (I had a great time at SDCC going out with my roomies). Also if you want to be line buddies, I am up for that. In general, I am very laid back. Just looking to have a good time at NYCC. If you are a veteran NYCC-er, I would love your help with knowledge on how to get around Javits. This will be my first time going.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Anyone who is easy going and over 21 is welcome.

FULL for Friday and Saturday. Have space if you only need Thursday

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:28:30 PM by Jumping Jehosaphat »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline MarkOne

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Name: Mark
Hotel: Country Inn & Suites Long Island. 5 minute walk to subway station. Breakfast is included. Room is non smoking with king size bed, have made request for additional bed, waiting to hear back.

Price: $520 for all 3 nights ($260 total) Rough estimate, still waiting to hear exact totals from hotel, but it's gonna be around that price range.
Smoking/Drinking: Nonsmoking room, Anyone is free to drink. (Not a drinker myself, but not a problem if you are.)
Spaces Left: 2, counting myself.

What type of room is it and how many people can it fit? King room, non smoking. Max of 2 people.
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I would prefer a male that's over 18.
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm an aspiring writer in early 40s, who has been attending cons for over 8 years, including going to SDCC in '08 and '10 and Wizard World Chicago for the last 3 years, counting this year. This will be my first time at NYCC and going to NYC as well, so I'm looking to enjoy myself, meet up with friends and take it all in. I'm no cosplayer, but have no problem with anyone who is. Booked the room for myself, but would love for someone going to con to help split the costs and have a good time out there as well.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Anyone who's easy going, and over 18 is welcome. If you're a NYCC veteran, that's a great plus. Thanks!

Offline Andrew Hope

• Sails Pavilion
Fantomex MAX writer looking to crash with someone!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »
Hey!  I'm coming in for the con, but it's on relatively short notice.  I want to stay near the con, but everything's booked solid.  Anyone have space to share?  I'd share the costs too, obviously.  All I need is somewhere to sleep and get cleaned up - not sure how much I'll be around other than that.

I'll be in on the 10th  for the pro day, and leaving on the 14th after a couple of meetings that Monday.  So that might limit my options.  Anyway!  If you need to know more, drop me a line.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:32:34 PM by Andrew Hope »

Offline supamike

• Exhibit Hall
Andrew,I told you we got you man! Lol

Offline Andrew Hope

• Sails Pavilion
Well s**t, let's talk business!  email: [email protected]

Offline laurend

• Sails Pavilion
I have a hotel room available for someone to take completely (got double booked and the hotel won't let us cancel because it was a discount fare). It's just off the south end of Central Park on Broadway, small room but it's got a double bed, bathroom, cable, etc. and the hotel has a bar/lounge on ground floor.
Reservation is Thursday-Monday, letting it go for $600, (we paid about $800 and the price of the room is at $1400 now) you'd pay me and I'd transfer the hotel to your name-you can call ahead of time and make sure it's all settled.
Can give more info if anyone is interested!

Offline Zeushero

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express off Broadway (easy walk to Javits) includes breakfast. Room is non smoking with two double beds (though if I am lucky I may get a free upgrade, but plan for this room).

Hi Sarah I sent you a PM!
Crew: NYCC, C2E2, [E]
Staff: AnimeExpo, AnimeBoston, Otakon,
Volunteer: SDCC, ACentral, Dragoncon, 4PointsFest, AnimeNYC

Offline ashily22

• Sails Pavilion
Hey guys! I'm Ashley...I know this is really late notice, but the person I was originally going to stay with cancelled and I'm looking for a place to crash. I have a 4-day pass & looking for something relatively cheap. Thanks

Offline laurend

• Sails Pavilion
Hey guys! I'm Ashley...I know this is really late notice, but the person I was originally going to stay with cancelled and I'm looking for a place to crash. I have a 4-day pass & looking for something relatively cheap. Thanks

I still have the room I mentioned above, I can drop to $500 ($450 if you can pay in advance through paypal). Just let me know :)

EDIT

ashily22 didn't need the room so it's still available, willing to take offers at this point.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:00:06 PM by laurend »

Offline scarFromAguitar

• Sails Pavilion

Price: $115/night  ($345 all 3 nights).
Smoking/Drinking: this is a nonsmoking room. Anyone of age is free to drink.
Spaces Left: One. There are 3 other people in the room already (2 girls, one guy).

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? Double bed non smoking room.
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I would prefer that everyone be over 21, but I don't care if you are male or female.
Include a brief description about yourself: I am awesome :D. Ok, really I am a 31 year old scientist who is planning on cosplaying. I don't feel or look 31 though (really! good genetics there. my 60 year old dad looks closer to his late 40s). I will be bringing my air compressor for air brush work if you need one or need help with painting yourself. I will be bringing drop cloths and the like, all you would need to bring is your paint. I will probably go out at night and would welcome any company (I had a great time at SDCC going out with my roomies). Also if you want to be line buddies, I am up for that. In general, I am very laid back. Just looking to have a good time at NYCC. If you are a veteran NYCC-er, I would love your help with knowledge on how to get around Javits. This will be my first time going.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Anyone who is easy going and over 21 is welcome.

Still have one space left!

I pm'd you. Interested in staying fri night