Author Topic: Preview Night  (Read 8848 times)

Offline Katamari13

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Re: Preview Night
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »
Preview Night is getting more and more crowded. I remember having an arm's length space around me. It almost feels like a Saturday now.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »
I had never done Preview Night until 4 years ago. I love it a lot and I would never turn down the chance to go, but if it happened I could not get in I think I'd still be ok. Nearly all of the off-site events kicked off on Wednesday last year so there was still plenty to do.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:34:07 PM »

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
I'm hoping to get tickets into Scare Diego now that I lucked out and got PN tickets this year!  Last year I went to the DBZ exhibit outside and that was really fun too, along with LAIKA in the morning.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »
I'm wondering if PN will be a little quieter this year given the Comic-Con Museum's competing party.  Would be nice...

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:50 AM »
I'm wondering if PN will be a little quieter this year given the Comic-Con Museum's competing party.  Would be nice...

Count on the CCI Museum Party having exactly zero impact on Preview Night crowds/attendance.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 11:04:38 AM »

Good bit of speculation. What's the capacity of their party?  I don't know how many PN badges they sell, but I feel like if the party is just a couple hundred it might not make a huge dent.  But a couple thousand and we could feel an affect on the floor.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
Good bit of speculation. What's the capacity of their party?  I don't know how many PN badges they sell, but I feel like if the party is just a couple hundred it might not make a huge dent.  But a couple thousand and we could feel an affect on the floor.

It'll be a couple hundred. Capacity is 1800 standing and thats when it was the Hall of Champions. Not sure how much construction is going but that'll limit capacity along with the tables. Its not gonna affect PN crowds.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:38:54 PM by Carlo »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 01:09:53 PM »

I also don't think it will have any impact.  The museum isn't all that big.  Also, I think they attract different crowds.  I don't think people that have already paid for preview night will forego that to pay to go to another event.  Also, isn't the whole point of preview night to be the first in line to buy stuff?  Why pass on that and spend money out of the buy stuff budget?

There is a lot going on during preview night already.  Many of the offsites are in full swing.  If those don't draw enough people off to make preview night quieter, I don't think the gala will either.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
It'll be a couple hundred. Capacity is 1800 standing and thats when it was the Hall of Champions. Not sure how much construction is going but that'll limit capacity along with the tables. Its not gonna affect PN crowds.

Then yeah, I don't foresee it making an impact.  It'd have to remove a few thousand for it to be noticeable.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 07:52:31 AM »
Then yeah, I don't foresee it making an impact.  It'd have to remove a few thousand for it to be noticeable.
Especially since it doesn't require a badge, so many of the people going are probably those in early without a PN badge and looking for something to do.

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 08:07:13 AM »
Especially since it doesn't require a badge, so many of the people going are probably those in early without a PN badge and looking for something to do.
Raises Hand.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 07:56:33 AM »
Raises Hand.
Been there! Last year I hung out at the Dragon Ball offsite and it was really fun :)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
So I have never done preview night and this year will be my 1st time doing it. I have NO clue where to go for lining up and what time?

This year is my first time too and I realized I didn't know the actual hours of Preview Night, so I looked it up on the CCI web site. The hours are 6 - 9PM. :)

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »
This year is my first time too and I realized I didn't know the actual hours of Preview Night, so I looked it up on the CCI web site. The hours are 6 - 9PM. :)

The line will form much earlier in sails pavilion and another location that people seem to know about that gets in earlier it seems. I was in one of the first two chutes last year and most booths were already capped when I hit the floor
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »
Honestly if you aren't gunning for exclusives just wait like 10 minutes and wander in at your leisure.