Author Topic: 2022 SDCC Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive @ Manchester Grand Hyatt  (Read 719 times)

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
Re: 2022 SDCC Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive @ Manchester Grand Hyatt
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login All the machines are separate at my home donation place. Double red in one corner, platelets across from it, plasma in the back corner and whole blood by the door.

I totally agree about wasting our red cells, but my home place is chronically understaffed and they switch me from plasma to whole blood once every 4-5 times just bc no one is there who can run the plasma machine. Sigh.

That’s too bad. I haven’t donated in awhile since they normally want me to donate platelets and I’m a hard stick. Last time I had blood coming out of the injection site so……..

Thank you for donating. I wish I could do more.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1380
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 12:02:21 PM »
I might be able to donate this year for the first time in 20 years.  The US has changed the prohibition on European blood.  My blood has been too "European" to be accepted in the US.  During the pandemic the US lessened the restriction.

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 12:16:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I might be able to donate this year for the first time in 20 years.  The US has changed the prohibition on European blood.  My blood has been too "European" to be accepted in the US.  During the pandemic the US lessened the restriction.

That’s good to hear. I know it was based on mad cow. I lived in Bulgaria for two years for Peace Corps but that didn’t hinder me.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 575
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
At Special Edition I was able to donate red blood cells and got two t-shirts since it was consider a double donation :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?