Author Topic: ‘Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’ Headed To Comic-Con Per Deadline  (Read 3489 times)

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
Hall H Panel.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

EXCLUSIVE: Twenty-one years after The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring gave fans a first look at the big-screen adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s world at Comic-Con, Prime Video will do the same with the upcoming small-screen adaptation, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

The expansive fantasy series is confirmed for the Comic-Con International: San Diego in July, with a panel featuring showrunners J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay and stars taking the stage at the convention’s flagship Hall H.

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. is set in the Second Age of Middle-earth — thousands of years before the events of the Lord of the Rings films and the novels. The series brings to screens for the first time Tolkien’s fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth.

Headlining the ensemble cast are Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur, Maxim Baldry, Nazanin Boniadi, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Charles Edwards, Trystan Gravelle, Sir Lenny Henry, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Lloyd Owen, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers, Leon Wadham, Benjamin Walker, Daniel Weyman, and Sara Zwangobani.

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is led by showrunners and executive producers Payne and McKay. They are joined by executive producers Lindsey Weber, Callum Greene, J.A. Bayona, Belén Atienza, Justin Doble, Jason Cahill, Gennifer Hutchison, Bruce Richmond, and Sharon Tal Yguado, and producers Ron Ames and Christopher Newman. Wayne Che Yip is co-executive producer and directs along with J.A. Bayona and Charlotte Brändström.

The series is slated to premiere September 2, exclusively on Prime Video, with new episodes available weekly.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
This is pretty much the one thing I wanted for this con. 

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
This could be a really awesome panel... ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
PRIME VIDEO IS BRINGING MIDDLE-EARTH TO COMIC-CON

WITH AN EXCLUSIVE EARLY LOOK AT

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER

Showrunners J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay and their acclaimed ensemble cast will take the Hall H stage to greet fans in person for the very first time

CULVER CITY, CA — JUNE 17, 2022 — Prime Video confirmed today that The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series will be coming to Comic-Con International: San Diego this July. Creators and stars of the much-anticipated new series will take to the coveted Hall H stage for the very first time, inviting fans of the much beloved franchise to experience Middle-earth as they never have before.

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power panel will introduce the international team of actors bringing the show’s roster of new and legendary characters of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Second Age to life.

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is led by showrunners and executive producers J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay and stars a celebrated cast led by Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur, Maxim Baldry, Nazanin Boniadi, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Charles Edwards, Trystan Gravelle, Sir Lenny Henry, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Lloyd Owen, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers, Leon Wadham, Benjamin Walker, Daniel Weyman, and Sara Zwangobani.

Joining Payne & McKay are executive producers Lindsey Weber, Callum Greene, J.A. Bayona, Belén Atienza, Justin Doble, Jason Cahill, Gennifer Hutchison, Bruce Richmond, and Sharon Tal Yguado, as well as producers Ron Ames and Christopher Newman. Wayne Che Yip is co-executive producer and directs, along with J.A. Bayona and Charlotte Brändström.

The multi-season drama will premiere in multiple languages and in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide on Friday, September 2, exclusively on Prime Video, with new episodes available weekly.

About The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Prime Video’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and one of the greatest villains that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared reemergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the farthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

###
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline summerald

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
Yes!!!  I was SO hoping to see this at SDCC22...!!!  Doing a conga dance...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Yes!!!  I was SO hoping to see this at SDCC22...!!!  Doing a conga dance...
I am right there with you
This is Hall H worthy!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Based off of absolutely nothing my guess is this happens on Friday.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Based off of absolutely nothing my guess is this happens on Friday.
I was over here thinking Thursday.  Based on absolutely nothing.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline summerald

• Sails Pavilion
Thurs/Fri would be far better than Sat…I’d even be happy for them to take over the Sunday AM spot!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
interesting look at the money

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
I could see this being a Sunday Hall H. Doctor Who was usually a Sunday and this is kinda the same-ish (ok not really, but closer then say Walking Dead). Also could see it as a good Thursday...or Friday....lol.

Offline summerald

• Sails Pavilion
interesting look at the money

Interesting--yes!  Though I'm not sad to see the game deal is off.  (Apologies to anyone who really wanted one.)  Thanks for sharing.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Half of bill for a series. This won't last long.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
IMO, this is a Saturday Hall H panel.  ::)

Saturday Hall H--
Warner Brothers movie panel
Paramount+ presents Star Trek
Prime Video-- Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Women Who Kick Ass
Marvel Studios' Future Projects That Kick Ass
Kevin Smith Clerks III

Offline summerald

• Sails Pavilion
This is pretty much the one thing I wanted for this con.
.   Me too!  Can't wait...and I love Friday for this...I have soooo many memories of crazy Hall H Saturday lines.