Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th  (Read 27662 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveways Wed. Sept. 25th
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
I just see that maybe happening more since there are no times attached right now, that I see anyway. I think BOTH people would have to show up to claim the ticket though.

Offline flamz55

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2013, 11:02:30 AM »
@briansteez My main question is that when you attempt to win tickets for these signings does this have to link tothe same account that your NYCC badge is linked to? Beause I never linked my account to my facebook acount because it wouldn't let me log in on the NYCC page. And in terms of the email do we give you our nme and all other information in the email you send to us or is that obtained through when we win the ticket?

Thanks.   

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 09:52:08 AM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
@briansteez My main question is that when you attempt to win tickets for these signings does this have to link tothe same account that your NYCC badge is linked to? Beause I never linked my account to my facebook acount because it wouldn't let me log in on the NYCC page. And in terms of the email do we give you our nme and all other information in the email you send to us or is that obtained through when we win the ticket?

Thanks.

Some of us haven't even received badges yet, so I'd guess that would be a "no."

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »
The autograph ticket is not connected to your badge in any way. We will be contacting winners with some very specific instructions. If you are a winner of an autograph ticket then you will know all of the details at that time. All of the questions you are asking here will be answered in our direct communication with the winners. The time and location of the autographing will not be announced to anyone other than the winners and the winner will not receive their ticket until just before the autograph session. I can not reveal any more than that as I don't want scalpers or anyone to try to corrupt our system.

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
Additionally....for the record.....I cannot announce that Chris Chen is Batman because....

I AM THE GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!

Furthermore....for the record....I have never seen Chris Chen and Aquaman in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I think not...

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
The autograph ticket is not connected to your badge in any way. We will be contacting winners with some very specific instructions. If you are a winner of an autograph ticket then you will know all of the details at that time. All of the questions you are asking here will be answered in our direct communication with the winners. The time and location of the autographing will not be announced to anyone other than the winners and the winner will not receive their ticket until just before the autograph session. I can not reveal any more than that as I don't want scalpers or anyone to try to corrupt our system.

OK not to make things dificult but does that mean you could technically provide your friends name and information if you won and wanted to give it to your friend
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
Additionally....for the record.....I cannot announce that Chris Chen is Batman because....

Furthermore....for the record....I have never seen Chris Chen and Aquaman in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I think not...

Ok, that made me laugh.  I see you're a Frank Miller fan. 

I've never been in the same room as the Easter Bunny either.   ::Mysterious music::

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

I don't know if i agree with you on the part of you bieng BATMAN, but at least we can agree that Chris is most certainly not BATMAN
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
Chris Chen is really the Joker. He just don't want the real Batman to know.

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »
My girlfriend was able to score a ticket for The Following but there really is no information on who from the show will be there as far as I can tell. 

Also - first post hi - This will be my fourth NYCC!

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »
But what about.... SANTA CLAUS?!  ;D

Anyway, I'm glad the issue with the site was resolved quickly & folks are getting their tickets today. I'm waiting (patiently...okay, maybe not so much) for TWD or whatever tickets Round 2, Round 3, etc. have to offer.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
Also - first post hi - This will be my fourth NYCC!

Here is the welcome/introductions thread in case you want to introduce yourself to the other inmates.  :)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
nycc posted this 10min's ago

Another quick update! Free Autograph tickets for Robot Chicken, The Following & Person of Interest are all accounted for. There is STILL a chance to win a Venture Bros. Autographing ticket! See if you win right now and good luck!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jasonsmith

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
I hate standing in line, but I think I would much rather stand in line for autograph tickets. Got everything I wanted last year waiting in line. With the Facebook raffle thing didn't get anything.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
I wonder what happens with people who won tickets but don't have a pass for the show that day. I noticed a bunch of posts on the NYCC facebook page that people said they won a autograph ticket but didn't have a ticket to NYCC for the day of the autograph session. Do those autograph tickets just get wasted now? I just see a bunch of autograph tickets going to waste this way. An onsite raffle/lottery the day of the show in my opinion would have been better. That way no one would be taking autograph tickets that they can't use.