Author Topic: How Goes Con for You, so far?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
How Goes Con for You, so far?
« on: July 23, 2022, 06:36:02 AM »
So... now that we're "back in Con action," how is everyone's Con going so far?

Im enjoying myself so far! There weren't that many panels in one day i wanted to see which is a good bonus! I'm not zipping and running all across the convention center like before. It's giving me a chance to really walk around, stop and see more and chat up a few more small press and artists on artist alley. And to really find some small things for my lovelies back home!
... And! I may just get to do an offsite! Lol after not doing one since 2016/2017!

What say y'all? How goes it for y'all? Glad to be back??

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
Re: How Goes Con for You, so far?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 08:50:00 AM »
I’m pretty sure I win the prize for worst/most bittersweet experiences of SDCC 22.   On the eve of PN, I learned that my vacation request suddenly got denied on acccount of (work at a health care facility) excessive hospitalizations and excessive Covid positivity rates among employees.     

At least my manager scheduled me to have Wed and Thurs off so I was able to attend those two days and they were magnificent btw.     On the opposite end of magnificent, however, I had to pay the early hotel departure penalty and take the 4 am Amtrak back to Los Angeles to make it back to work yesterday.    Meanwhile to pour further salt into the wounds, I was getting spammed by all my event alerts.     

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:38:13 AM »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 09:02:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So... now that we're "back in Con action," how is everyone's Con going so far?

Im enjoying myself so far! There weren't that many panels in one day i wanted to see which is a good bonus! I'm not zipping and running all across the convention center like before. It's giving me a chance to really walk around, stop and see more and chat up a few more small press and artists on artist alley. And to really find some small things for my lovelies back home!
... And! I may just get to do an offsite! Lol after not doing one since 2016/2017!

What say y'all? How goes it for y'all? Glad to be back??

Happiness punctuated by moments of pure joy.  I've been saying... This is Comic Con!!!

Getting here was a challenge, due to flight issues.  Originally scheduled to arrive Mon night, but didn't get in until Tues morning. I didn't care as long as they didn't cancel, which they didn't.  Super glad i came in early.  I was feeling pretty good, and then the sound of the trolley made my heart skip a beat.  I've been doing panels, and have been happy.  Got to explore more of the Gas Lamp and downtown as well.  Having a great time, Thank You God!!!
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »
This might have been my favorite moment: I was in the Ballroom 20 line when the woman behind tapped me on the shoulder and said, “I like your [FoCC] lanyard. Is that an Amish sect?”

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 05:15:02 PM »
They called us a cult one year so an Amish sect is quite the rise in respectability!   

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 07:18:42 PM »
Now that I'm back home, having eaten dinner and I'm relaxing, I can say this year was a better-than-average year for me and the Fam.  The only exclusive I really wanted, the Ted Lasso Funko, was relatively easy to get from Funko online Thursday am; the other (that I had forgotten about until Thursday or Friday), the Patrick Ballesteros John Williams poster, my wife was able to pick up.  I also got to get my Infinity Gauntlet comic signed by artist Ron Lim (I had gotten it signed by Jim Starlin at SDCC SE) and picked up a few other cool little things.

Panel wise, I put all my eggs in the Hall H Saturday basket, and that was a great day top-to-bottom.  I really enjoyed all the panels and got a free Marvel hat & BLACK ADAM IMAX movie ticket code as a cherty on top.  Unplanned I caught some other fun panels that worked in my schedule (and got good swag from them!). 
Unexpectedly I ran into composer Natalie Holt in the exhibit hall (as a musician/music teacher that was extra awesome, and we chatted a little bit of shop about instruments she used for her awesome, Emmy-nominated 'Loki' score) and a few other celebrities throughout the week.

Most of all, I got to spend some awesome time with the family, where all we had to worry about was making a panel here, or going after something at some booth there.  It was great, and a pure pleasure hearing my kids (one 20, the other 7) talking excitedly about a day's panel or whatnot.

Really good week for me and my family!  I'll save criticism for another post and keep it awesome and positive here (unless someone else wants to be critical and I'll absolutely jump in if warranted  :P )