Forum Development > Forum Help and Technical FAQs

No Email to activate a new account

(1/2) > >>

NCDS:
I have someone trying to get on the forum but they are not getting an email to sign up.  Who do I tell them to contact for technical help?

SteveD:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI have someone trying to get on the forum but they are not getting an email to sign up.  Who do I tell them to contact for technical help?

--- End quote ---
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login it looks like emails from FoCC are being blocked as unsolicited. I'm not sure yet who to contact, but I can manually activate the accounts if you want.
Privately send me the account names that need activation and I'll try to set them up if I can.

noobmaster69:
I had the same issue.... so I used a different email to finally activate my account.
Now that it's activated, I went back to my profile to switch back to the original email I wanted to use.

Here's the kicker - I don't know if I'll get email notifications from FOCC... I'm going to test that out now.
Can any admin/mod try to reach out to me via email? I should have my settings setup to allow for emails.

SteveD:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI had the same issue.... so I used a different email to finally activate my account.
Now that it's activated, I went back to my profile to switch back to the original email I wanted to use.

Here's the kicker - I don't know if I'll get email notifications from FOCC... I'm going to test that out now.
Can any admin/mod try to reach out to me via email? I should have my settings setup to allow for emails.

--- End quote ---

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login it seems that some email providers are blocking emails being sent from our site. I think it may depend on the SPAM software they are using.
As far as I know it is only affecting activation emails, but if you can let me know if notifications are getting through or not.
Thanks.

noobmaster69:
Since changing to my intended email, I haven't received anything.
I suspect that quoting my post should have triggered something but I don't have anything - even in the spam folder (which I know works as there are 2 items in there LOL).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version