Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44219 times)

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The yellow "Resend Comic-Con Badge Confirmation" button for open registration on the "Registration Info" tab has already shown up in the sister's memberid account, so it should be there by now.
Also, if you look a the screen grab, make sure it states "Congratulations! Your order has been submitted."
Emails would be from [email protected].

Fantastic. Sarcasm there.  Neither my wife nor I have the resend option. I’ll try calling the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
@clarrkkent Just to double check, are you POSITIVE the screenshot is from the confirmation page? I ask because a couple people here have mistakenly thought they went through the whole registration process but actually didn’t. After entering your payment information and clicking Submit, there’s one more page where you have to type AGREE to Terms and Conditions, and click Submit again.

This trips people up because entering CC info is usually the last step, and for some odd reason, CCI decided to add an extra page to the buying process after the payment page instead of before.

Heck, one year this nearly screwed me over. I was excitedly telling people I got badges. And then I double checked my browser and realized I hadn’t actually finished buying the badges. Luckily I was still within the 15 minute window.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 05:13:50 PM »

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »
[member=8063]clarrkkent[/member] Just to double check, are you POSITIVE the screenshot is from the confirmation page? I ask because a couple people here have mistakenly thought they went through the whole registration process but actually didn’t. After entering your payment information and clicking Submit, there’s one more page where you have to type AGREE to Terms and Conditions, and click Submit again.

This trips people up because entering CC info is usually the last step, and for some odd reason, CCI decided to add an extra page to the buying process after the payment page instead of before.

Heck, one year this nearly screwed me over. I was excitedly telling people I got badges. And then I double checked my browser and realized I hadn’t actually finished buying the badges. Luckily I was still within the 15 minute window.

I cannot be sure since I didn’t buy. I will say the buyer is VERY experienced and a long time member. Will abstain from naming them because it's likely a CCI problem or a genuine mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:40:39 AM by clarrkkent »
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »
That’s NOT the confirmation page. You can tell because there’s the “Remove” link.

That’s the second to last page I was talking about.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »
Yeah, the longer I'm looking into this the more I'm pretty sure we aren't going to Comic-con this year. And now I have flights that are already bought, so that's cool.

I texted them, so we'll see. I expect they'll find no actual charge.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2019, 09:07:49 PM »
Sorry man, that sucks.

You could always email CCI and see if they may be sympathetic to your cause? I know it’s a long shot, but you have nothing to lose.

Next year, I’m definitely putting this quirk of the badge buying process on blast and making sure everyone knows. Every single registration, both Returning and Open, I hear of at least one case of this. And I don’t really even blame the badge buyer. It’s just terrible UX design.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »
Yeah. Unfortunately this appears to be the second time I've been burned in the buying group. For returning reg, someone clicked that they were buying for us and 10 minutes later finally said they had some kind of issue, at which point all badges were gone. Good times.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2019, 12:05:17 AM »
Yeah, the longer I'm looking into this the more I'm pretty sure we aren't going to Comic-con this year. And now I have flights that are already bought, so that's cool.

I texted them, so we'll see. I expect they'll find no actual charge.

So sorry to hear this.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2019, 05:28:28 AM »
That "type agree" page almost got me too. Sorry to hear about your problems :(

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
try emailing them at [email protected]

EPIC's number is 1 980 233 3777

they can easily resend the bar code. sometimes the email just gets lost-

Thanks for this. I called and it was extremely easy to talk with someone. They confirmed no pending transactions for my Name or CCI ID.

The buyer also confirmed no charges occurred.

However, they're still waiting to hear back directly from CCI through the form submission on CCI website, thinking there's some long delay in payment processing or something. I pointed out what others did about the image she sent, but she swears she did the "agree" thing.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »
Thanks for this. I called and it was extremely easy to talk with someone. They confirmed no pending transactions for my Name or CCI ID.

The buyer also confirmed no charges occurred.

However, they're still waiting to hear back directly from CCI through the form submission on CCI website, thinking there's some long delay in payment processing or something. I pointed out what others did about the image she sent, but she swears she did the "agree" thing.

I'm praying for you!!!
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »
Yeah. Unfortunately this appears to be the second time I've been burned in the buying group. For returning reg, someone clicked that they were buying for us and 10 minutes later finally said they had some kind of issue, at which point all badges were gone. Good times.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, that page you posted isn't the confirmation. The page with the blue bar is:

It sounds like your group person didn't type in the "agree" part. That final step probably kept quite a few people from getting badges. When you contact CCI, I hope they are sympathetic to your cause. Good luck!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »
Unfortunately, that page you posted isn't the confirmation. The page with the blue bar is:

Actually, both pages have the blue bar, which is why I think people get tripped up. Here’s the AGREE page:

When you see that page, your first instinct is “I’m all done!”

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2019, 01:23:25 PM »
Actually, both pages have the blue bar, which is why I think people get tripped up. Here’s the AGREE page:

When you see that page, your first instinct is “I’m all done!”

It's a fear of mine I wish they would change the color when you are completely done!  This year I actually spoke out loud to myself as I did that part to ensure I didn't forget.

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »
It's a fear of mine I wish they would change the color when you are completely done!  This year I actually spoke out loud to myself as I did that part to ensure I didn't forget.

Oh my L. Now, you have me freaking out. It was never a question for me that I knew where that last page was. Now, I'm forever going to worry that I didn't ACCEPT.   :o