Comic-Con International > SDCC Housing, Parking, and Transportation

SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion

<< < (4/113) > >>

Namron83:
Did anyone else stay or have stayed at Kona Kai?
They've been holding over $1400 since check in last week. They were supposed to release it that day. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

Dubb:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginDid anyone else stay or have stayed at Kona Kai?
They've been holding over $1400 since check in last week. They were supposed to release it that day. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

--- End quote ---

It probably has more to do with your bank than the hotel.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Namron83:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIt probably has more to do with your bank than the hotel.

--- End quote ---
Its PayPal. Hotel didn't tell me I was being charged $1400 when I checked in last Wednesday. That was almost all of what I was spending for the week right there. Every hotel I've been to only puts a $100 authorization hold, so when I found out they took that much, my friend used his card to switch with mine. The hotel said it would immediately be released. First three days I spent on the phone with PayPal and talking to hotel staff and management to get papers faxed to release the hold. When we checked out on Monday, we found out both cards were charged $1400 and would then be released immediately. Its been 4 days and still nothing.

rabbitwarren:
Given that the NDL is at the Marina, MGH wouldn't be too bad for Hall H shifts and wristbands.  Last year was a bit brutal when it was near the Adult Swim on the Green.  Hopefully the renovations are long done by next year, as I wouldn't mind another stay at MGH.  I'm also more prepared for the walk this time as our new office has a similar distance from the subway.

I did my Hard Rock stint this year.  My brother wasn't too pleased with the room itself but you can't beat the location or the ability to gawk.  I personally wouldn't mind staying there again but felt my room at MGH was better.  The best room I've ever had in that area was MMM but that hotel was a little too big and chaotic. 

Requia:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginGiven that the NDL is at the Marina, MGH wouldn't be too bad for Hall H shifts and wristbands.  Last year was a bit brutal when it was near the Adult Swim on the Green.  Hopefully the renovations are long done by next year, as I wouldn't mind another stay at MGH.  I'm also more prepared for the walk this time as our new office has a similar distance from the subway.

I did my Hard Rock stint this year.  My brother wasn't too pleased with the room itself but you can't beat the location or the ability to gawk.  I personally wouldn't mind staying there again but felt my room at MGH was better.  The best room I've ever had in that area was MMM but that hotel was a little too big and chaotic.

--- End quote ---
Did you get one of the rooms with a view of all the parties at Hard Rock? Haha

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version