Author Topic: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7821
Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups
« on: September 03, 2019, 06:02:10 AM »
I have been in touch with all of the Team 1 Group Leaders, and they will all be returning for 2020. If you were part of one of these groups for 2019 (returning or open registration) then you should be receiving a contact from your group leader, if you haven't already.

Transmute Jun Group
TardisMom Group
Batgirl/TeriQueen Group
NCDS Group
Louie_Rob_M Group
Epicaz/Takit0 Group
Sefton42/Jon.Reynolds Group
Jristen Group
Wolfgirl1272/Deose Group
BenEatsRice Group
TSnyder Group

Unfortunately, I have been unable to confirm the participation of our Team 2 groups that started last year. These would include the Clambert1273 Group and the EternalZan Group. If this changes, I will post an update in this thread, but for now, it looks like these groups will not be part of the official FoCC buying groups for 2020. If you were a member of one of these groups, I strongly encourage you to contact your group leader and express your interest in re-forming.

The Team 1 groups have all been full for some time, which is why we attempted to set up a Team 2 last year, starting with the Clambert1273 Group. Since we are unable to confirm that this team is still working for 2020, we are unable to accept new group members at this time.

UPDATE: Clambert has been in touch and her medical issues are resolved sufficiently that she is now able to take over her group once more. Thank you to [member=7390]clambert1273[/member] for coming back to us, and to [member=8357]PhantomDZR[/member] for covering for her in her absence

While we are still unable to take on new group members, we are happy to announce that the Team 2 groups from last year will be accommodated as part of team 1 this year.

I know that a lot of people have been waiting for the announcement of new buying groups, and I really wish that I could say that we are opening a new group, but unfortunately the reverse is true. I will make sure to post any updates to this status in this thread, but for now, there will be no new groups and all groups are closed.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:18:16 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 313
Re: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:06:34 AM »
Thank you, TJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:28:07 PM »

Offline Dime-Baggins

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:16:38 PM »
Thanks for the update.   :)

If things change I would like to indicate my interest in being a member of any groups (current or new) for 2020 returning and open reg.  What is the best way to do this? 

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for the update.   :)

If things change I would like to indicate my interest in being a member of any groups (current or new) for 2020 returning and open reg.  What is the best way to do this?

Keep an eye on this thread and look for updates. Honestly though, right now we are dealing with the issue of Team 2 and what will happen to those groups. The established groups are our first priority before taking on new people. We can't create a new group when we have issues with our current groups.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 08:53:57 PM »
just catching up, really bad news :(, I was part of Clambert1273 everything went so smooth (was able to get badges from the group), really sad sad news but thanks for all of your efforts :) hoping for a new group to be created

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 5687
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 08:34:09 AM »
just catching up, really bad news :(, I was part of Clambert1273 everything went so smooth (was able to get badges from the group), really sad sad news but thanks for all of your efforts :) hoping for a new group to be created

the team is working really hard to take care of everyone in team 2. I believe some solution will be possible [member=8035]taka[/member] .
If anyone in a team with a leader who's unable to continue wants to take on a leadership role, please contact TJ
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 08:53:08 AM »
[member=8035]taka[/member]  We think we might have a solution for the people in Clambert's group. Nothing is confirmed thus far, but we are doing our best to take care of the people who were in Calmbert's and EternalZan's groups. No one would fault you for looking at other options, but we are hoping that we will be able to include you this year. *fingers crossed*

Offline KingKzin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »
FYI, EternalZan posted in our forum yesterday.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 5687
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 09:51:29 AM »
FYI, EternalZan posted in our forum yesterday.
yes, EZ is spinning up that group. it's a matter of if the team 2 infrastructure is capable of cross talk between their teams   ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
Thank you both [member=1]alyssa[/member] and [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] hope something can be worked out, this Is the only place I hace felt comfortable grouping with so I dont think I Will be looking somewhere else :) I'll wait for good news but if its not possible dont feel bad, you already put a lot of effort for us 👍🏻

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
Yes, just to re-iterate, Clambert was in charge of Team 2, but is now unavailable. Since there is no one to run Team 2, we are trying to work on getting those people into Team 1. Unfortunately, we have tech limitations as to how many people we can include (which is why we tried to start a Team 2 in the first place) so this is still under development. I will post here as we have confirmed information.

EternalZan is committed to running her group, and we are in the process of finding a new leader for Clambert's group. Stay tuned.   

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
Yes, just to re-iterate, Clambert was in charge of Team 2, but is now unavailable. Since there is no one to run Team 2, we are trying to work on getting those people into Team 1. Unfortunately, we have tech limitations as to how many people we can include (which is why we tried to start a Team 2 in the first place) so this is still under development. I will post here as we have confirmed information.

EternalZan is committed to running her group, and we are in the process of finding a new leader for Clambert's group. Stay tuned.

I was in Clambert’s group last year, I would like to lead the group if someone would teach me how to run it. We did really well last year and would like to hopefully have a repeat of that for the 2020 sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
I was in Clambert’s group last year, I would like to lead the group if someone would teach me how to run it. We did really well last year and would like to hopefully have a repeat of that for the 2020 sales.

Thank you for volunteering, [member=7786]OyaIsMe[/member] ! We have already had a couple of volunteers, so I think it is looking good for Clambert's group that they will have a leader.We are just in the process of confirming that interest. I will be posting here as soon as we have a confirmed leader, ad I will be sure to let you know if we need more assistance.

Offline meecheles

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
Thank you so much for trying to work this out for us.

Offline meecheles

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 12:39:51 PM »
My husband and I were both apart of Christina's buying group last year and would like to continue with this buying group.
We really hope there will be a solution for our group soon.

Thanks in advance with trying to coordinate Team 2.