You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

AzT:

--- Quote ---UPDATE ON OUR OPERATIONS

A temporary medical station is being constructed at the Javits Center to house non-COVID-19 patients and relieve the burden on local hospitals. Our employees are proud to help during this unprecedented crisis, and we hope you will continue to support us, now and in the future. If you have any symptoms or concerns, please consult a physician or call 311.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---javitscenter We have built auto shows and art galleries, toy fairs and tech conferences, comic cons and cooking expos. But this is the first time our team has built a medical station — at a time when the stakes have never been higher for New York and the country. Proud to play a role. #covid19

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

SamTurtledove:

Excerpt from Newsarama interview.

--- Quote ---Nrama: And how about on the employee safety side - how is ReedPOP managing that, with its home office in Connecticut but also elsewhere - and for pre-con site visits?

Fensterman: Like most we are now an entirely remote team, for how spread around the world we already were that has been less of an adjustment than it might have been for others.
We also have some massive video, editorial and content delivery platforms (60 million monthly readers/viewers) so staying in touch with our fans without the benefit of live events has also been less of a transition for us than maybe for some others out there.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Nrama: The logistical process of refunding money to your ticket holders, vendors, and other parties must be tremendous - and that's not counting the other costs of cons, from shipping, unions, hotel fees, etc. How does ReedPOP handle this kind of massive financial change - and is there insurance in the live event industry to help in these difficult times?

Fensterman: Insurance does not cover anything that is happening now.  Nearly any insurance policy that could be obtained (and most are very narrow in scope) would carve out an event like what we are experiencing. So we are shouldering the sunk costs ourselves where appropriate, refunding to fans in all cases and keeping our eyes on the long term.

Our entire focus is on our fans and how we will serve them for years to come, not on trying to save or recoup a buck this year. And the same goes for our teams.  We are not laying anyone off,  In fact I’ve got open positions I need to fill and more on the way.

--- End quote ---

WonderTwin93:
On one hand I’m skeptical it will happen but with SDCC cancelled seems like it’s worth at least getting a badge and waiting to see what happens.

Michael M:
This might be the time I actually go to this for more than a single day...but then again, it's not one I've always enjoyed...however, w/cons getting cancelled left and right...might scratch the itch...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version