Author Topic: 2020 SDCC Badge Refunds/Transfers  (Read 9716 times)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
2020 SDCC Badge Refunds/Transfers
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
Check your email.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:30:44 PM by Zero »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: 2020 SDCC Refund/Transfer email are out
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 02:17:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2020 SDCC Badge Refunds/Transfers
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:55:51 AM »

Offline Nicodimas

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »
So if you cancel and went to 2019 will you eligible for returning reg ?

If you don’t cancel will this give you two more shots to get Friday and Saturday ?

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 03:16:40 PM »
So if you cancel and went to 2019 will you eligible for returning reg ?

If you don’t cancel will this give you two more shots to get Friday and Saturday ?
My guess is that there will be BARELY enough badges refunded for ONE badge sale. Two sales is highly unlikely. In fact, there may not even be a badge sale if not enough people ask for refunds. CCI may decide less attendees is better, or they may just auction off what inventory they have like the past couple of years.

I say the chances of a Returning Registration AND a General Registration are next to nil.

Offline Nicodimas

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 03:25:23 PM »
^ thanks your completely right, they might run next year light on people.

( I’m in the camp that thinks this will be endemic)

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Re: Could CCI cancel SDCC 2020 due to the Coronavirus?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 04:41:16 PM »
Won't know details until the emails go out.

The email I just got from CCI doesn’t address this? It just says if you’re requesting a refund, your entire badge order will be refunded which worried me but that refers to multi-days...Not if you or the buyer bought badges for multiple people? Like can you request only one member of the 3 you bought to be refunded but the rest aren’t?

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: Re: Could CCI cancel SDCC 2020 due to the Coronavirus?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 05:32:05 PM »
The email I just got from CCI doesn’t address this? It just says if you’re requesting a refund, your entire badge order will be refunded which worried me but that refers to multi-days...Not if you or the buyer bought badges for multiple people? Like can you request only one member of the 3 you bought to be refunded but the rest aren’t?
Only the member can request a refund, not the buyer.  And each member will have to request their own refund.
The buyer will get the money refunded to their form of payment, then it would be up to the buyer to reimburse the badge holder for the amount of the refund.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »
So here's what the email looks like for pros.  Two takeaways for me include:
1.  If your verification status is "Not Due" they are extending the verification status of all professionals an additional year.  So no pro verifications will be due this year (per their example).  Since they said all, I take that to also mean that if your verification is due in 2022, it would be extended to 2023.
2.  If the pro cancels their registration, then guest badges are automatically cancelled.  So any guests depending upon the pro, will want to make sure the pro doesn't cancel.

Dear Comic-Con 2020 Professional Badge Holder,

As you may have heard, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Comic-Con 2020 in order to protect the public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19.  We hope you will join us next year at the San Diego Convention Center on July 22 - 25, 2021. If you have registered a professional badge and/or guest badges for Comic-Con 2020, you have the option to cancel and refund your badges or transfer your badges to Comic-Con 2021.

Please note that this cancellation will not affect your professional verification status. As a courtesy to all professionals, we have extended the verification status of all NOT DUE professionals for an additional year. For example, if you were last approved for Comic-Con 2018, you would have been due to reapply and submit verification materials for Comic-Con 2021. We will now extend your ‘verification due’ date to 2022.

If you would like to request a cancellation and refund of your badges, please click here to submit the refund request form. The deadline to request a refund is July 1, 2020.  When filling out the form, please select the checkbox that indicates your request is related to professional badges. This checkbox is located directly beneath the “Email” field on the refund form.

You may choose to cancel and refund any guest badges that you have registered, as well as your own professional badge.  If you choose to cancel your own professional badge, we will automatically cancel and refund all guest badges associated with it.

If you would like to transfer your badges to Comic-Con 2021, no action is required from you at this time. Your badge and any guest badges that you registered will be automatically transferred to Comic-Con 2021 after July 1, 2020.

Thank you for your continued support of Comic-Con. We eagerly look forward to the time when we can all meet again and share in the community we all love and enjoy.

Sincerely,
Professional Registration
Comic-Con

Offline penman

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »
My guess is that there will be BARELY enough badges refunded for ONE badge sale. Two sales is highly unlikely. In fact, there may not even be a badge sale if not enough people ask for refunds. CCI may decide less attendees is better, or they may just auction off what inventory they have like the past couple of years.

I say the chances of a Returning Registration AND a General Registration are next to nil.

They will most likely do the auction option. They are already losing out on money this year, so they would probably want to capitalize on anything they can for next year.
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Conan - 2017, 2019
Funko Fundays - Not yet. Still trying!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »
Only the member can request a refund, not the buyer.  And each member will have to request their own refund.
The buyer will get the money refunded to their form of payment, then it would be up to the buyer to reimburse the badge holder for the amount of the refund.

Although the intent may be that only the member can request a refund, many buyers in groups have the info requested on the refund form, or am I missing something?

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 07:52:59 AM »
Anybody who wants a refund will have to get the info from the buyer and coordinate with them.

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 08:04:25 AM »
Although the intent may be that only the member can request a refund, many buyers in groups have the info requested on the refund form, or am I missing something?

Yes, it is possible for the buyer to pose as the badge holder and request a refund, but I certainly hope nobody actually goes there.
This comes down to how much we trust others in our buying groups.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »
Another opportunity to communicate within our fab buying groups! Totally confident.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
Yes, it is possible for the buyer to pose as the badge holder and request a refund, but I certainly hope nobody actually goes there.
This comes down to how much we trust others in our buying groups.

If it does happen, the badge holder will have to find out, as they will probably be emailed about the refund, not that it would matter to the unscrupulous.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

It's me, Zero, doing some casual forum housekeeping! ^__^/

Split the 2020 badge refund/transfer-related posts from the "Could CCI cancel SDCC 2020 due to the Coronavirus?" thread from the "CCI General Discussion" forum.

Merge the aforementioned posts into this current discussion (in "2020 SDCC Refunds/Transfers" thread in the "SDCC Registration and Badges" forum) about the 2020 refunds/transfer e-mails.

Renamed this current thread from "2020 SDCC Refund/Transfer email are out" to "2020 SDCC Badge Refunds/Transfers" (to make it more cohesive for discussion on this topic in general, ha ha).

Figured it would be a good idea to keep all this information and discussion in a designated thread for this particular topic.

We can use this as our "go-to" thread for this particular topic.  ^__~
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:34:03 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...