Comic-Con International > SDCC Registration and Badges

SDCC 2021

(1/16) > >>

Transmute Jun:
Okay, officially SDCC 2021 is supposed to take place July 21-25. According to the WonderCon cancellation (in-person) announcement, CCI says:

[email protected] will be a two-day celebration instead of the usual three days as we continue to marshal our resources for Comic-Con this summer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bolding is mine.

This feels like it might be more than just another virtual event. I know, we're all supposed to be excited for the virtual events, but having been to 4 last year, they were just blah (except the gaming online cons... but that's a totally different situation). But it suddenly occurred to me...

What if CCI is trying to plan SDCC... out of state?

It's not entirely without precedent. Remember the WonderCon in LA, because Anaheim wasn't playing ball? What if CCI is trying to set up a one-time Comic Con in Las Vegas... or Orlando? Places where the state is not nearly so restrictive and is more receptive to a mass gathering.

This is 100% speculation... so feel free to tear apart my idea or present one of your own. What do you think CCI is planning right now for SDCC 2021?

Miclpea:
Possible!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

sessionka:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginOkay, officially SDCC 2021 is supposed to take place July 21-25. According to the WonderCon cancellation (in-person) announcement, CCI says:

[email protected] will be a two-day celebration instead of the usual three days as we continue to marshal our resources for Comic-Con this summer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bolding is mine.

This feels like it might be more than just another virtual event. I know, we're all supposed to be excited for the virtual events, but having been to 4 last year, they were just blah (except the gaming online cons... but that's a totally different situation). But it suddenly occurred to me...

What if CCI is trying to plan SDCC... out of state?

It's not entirely without precedent. Remember the WonderCon in LA, because Anaheim wasn't playing ball? What if CCI is trying to set up a one-time Comic Con in Las Vegas... or Orlando? Places where the state is not nearly so restrictive and is more receptive to a mass gathering.

This is 100% speculation... so feel free to tear apart my idea or present one of your own. What do you think CCI is planning right now for SDCC 2021?

--- End quote ---

hmmm....interesting theory.  I'm still hoping for San Diego though.  If they announce it's a go, I'll be there...even if I have to wear a hazmat suit.   :)

marcia29:
A different location for comic con? Intriguing. The logistics sound daunting. Orlando has open air possibilities and lots of attractions to spread visitors out. I would prefer Orlando over Vegas, as Orlando is closer to me. lol  Hmmm...I have to think about this one a bit more, but suddenly I am more optimistic about an in person event. Thank you You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael M:
Hmm...guesses on what the 'SD' might become then?  If it's outta San Diego, then, it's not SDCC...right?

Just bein cheeky...personally I don't think they'll go that far...I think that might just dilute the brand (especially w/all their previous litigations w/other states/cities having their own 'comic-cons').

I'm almost resigned to it not happening in its usual form...

That being said...I can see them making this year's SDCC, CA residents only...they got the info...they could easily make that happen...if they want to go down that route...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version