Author Topic: When booking hotel room through CCI web site?  (Read 17326 times)

Offline favrile

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
When booking hotel room through CCI web site?
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Can anyone tell me from years past when booking through CCI for hotel rooms is there a minimum nights of stay? I am only wanting tickets for comic con Friday & Saturday, so if I get tickets for those days I will only need a room for Friday & Saturday. Was it possible to only get a room for 2 nights when booking through the CCI web site in the past?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: When booking hotel room through CCI web site?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:56 AM »
that is a good question, when I find the answer I'll post.
i have a personal reason for finding out so the answer may be sooner rather than later.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:18:05 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
There is no minimum though they require you to put down a deposit for 1 day.  When you go to book, just make sure you enter the dates correctly.

Since you should be able to make changes to your reservation, I'd recommend booking for all 4 days and then changing it before the deadline in case your plans change and you end up either going for more days or finding things you want to do in the area. Much easier to cancel days than to add days I think.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline simplyskyy

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
I just learned about this booking site. It really makes me cringe. I've never had to do booking like this before so I'm hoping I end up with something that I actually want.  I am so used to calling the hotels that you want or using private booking sites created by the hotels for groups that the idea of entering hotels and they just pick one for you kinda sucks. Am I understanding the way the system works correctly?

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
I have taken a room at Crowne Plaza hotel via CCI Early Bird Sale.
Do you know when I will have to pay ? (I've entered my credit card information but they didn't take me any money.)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
I just learned about this booking site. It really makes me cringe. I've never had to do booking like this before so I'm hoping I end up with something that I actually want.  I am so used to calling the hotels that you want or using private booking sites created by the hotels for groups that the idea of entering hotels and they just pick one for you kinda sucks. Am I understanding the way the system works correctly?
you aren't locked into the hotel, it's not like priceline-  you'll chose a bunch of hotels, & then they'll come back to you with the selection (hopefully from that list) & you'll decide & then pay for the room.
I totally agree with you- i dislike priceline for that reason-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »
Ok, that's not what I had understood at all...
So, what should I do ? enter other hotels to have greater chances ?
And when will I have the confirmation of have which hotel (do they even guarantee I will have one ?)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:28:21 AM by juldu33 »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »
I haven't gone threw the process but how it was explained tome, first you select a bunch of hotels you want and submit them at 9am on the 29th.  Then they(I think travel planers) gets back to you with a/some hotels. You can then choose which one you'd like.
In addition there is a full refund window. Now I could be wrong and will ask around but I think that's how it works.

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »
I haven't gone threw the process but how it was explained tome, first you select a bunch of hotels you want and submit them at 9am on the 29th.  Then they(I think travel planers) gets back to you with a/some hotels. You can then choose which one you'd like.
In addition there is a full refund window. Now I could be wrong and will ask around but I think that's how it works.

I went back and looked at my email traffic from last year. Here's what it looks like:

1. I selected 12 hotels that I would be willing to stay at (you could have done up to 20, but I already had a back up, so was just looking to do better) -- note that you do this in priority order for you
2. They sent me an email confirming my selections

Here's what they said concerning deposits -- you would have to adjust these windows slightly given that SDCC is earlier this year than last

You'll need to provide a deposit equal to one night's room charge, plus tax, within 5 business days of receiving your Hotel Reservations Confirmation email.
-       Reservations without deposit payment information on file after this time will automatically be cancelled.
-       This deposit is fully refundable if your reservation is canceled by May 10, 2011.
-       Reservations canceled May 11th through June 8th will incur a $100 cancel fee.
-       For reservations canceled on or after June 9th, 2011: the entire deposit is non-refundable.

3. The next day, I got an email from Travel Planners saying I was confirmed at my 3rd choice (note, no options) and I had 5 biz days to submit deposit information or lose the room.
4. After I submitted my deposit information, I got a reservation confirmation from Travel Planners

One big thing to note is that the reservation doesn't actually show up at the hotel until MUCH later. I tried to upgrade my room using points in late June and it required quite a bit of hoop jumping, but that's probably not relevant to anybody here. The important thing to know is that if you call the hotel in June and they don't have your reservation, DO NOT FREAK OUT. As long as you have the confirmation from Travel Planners, you are good.

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
But, isn't this system only for the "real sales" that will start later ?
The "Early bird Sale" isn't something totally different ?

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
But, isn't this system only for the "real sales" that will start later ?
The "Early bird Sale" isn't something totally different ?

yes. early bird requires a full commit up front is my understanding, but you can choose among several hotels.

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Sorry I'm French, and I didn't understand your answer, could you please rephrase it ?  ;D

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
Sorry I'm French, and I didn't understand your answer, could you please rephrase it ?  ;D

Accepting this is serious -- Early bird deals require you to pay for the entire stay up front and have heavy cancellation penalty, iirc. BUT you can choose NOW from several hotels out at hotel circle.

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
ok (it was a serious question by the way ^^), so concidering I have already chosen one (via Early Bird), it means that it is 100% sure that I will have this hotel ? And if so, when will they take the money from my credit card ?

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
ok (it was a serious question by the way ^^), so concidering I have already chosen one (via Early Bird), it means that it is 100% sure that I will have this hotel ? And if so, when will they take the money from my credit card ?

Yes. No need to go get another hotel. In fact, it would probably be very bad.