Comic-Con International > SDCC Registration and Badges

Discussion re: CCI FB comments (from CCI Posts and Announcements Forum)

<< < (2/21) > >>

Transmute Jun:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI say move preview night to Tuesday or get rid of it all together and make wednesday a full day. I know vendors will be losing 24 hours to set up but if properly those booths can go up pretty quickly.

--- End quote ---

That's certainly a step in the right direction!

Zero:
While there is some potential interest in holding a longer convention, there's also the aspect of getting enough volunteers and staff members to be there full-time to maintain programming (the panels, for example), exhibitors, press, professionals, attendees, special guests, and so forth.  With so many variables to holding a four- to five-day convention as it is and coming from a staffing perspective from other conventions myself, it would take not only a lot of human resources but also financial backing to maintain everything in working order.  Unfortunately, it's not so simple as extending Comic-Con a few more days.  There is a lot of behind-the-scenes activity that we as fans and attendees are not aware of in order for the convention to be up and running as well as it does right now.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Transmute Jun:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThere is a lot of behind-the-scenes activity that we as fans and attendees are not aware of in order for the convention to be up and running as well as it does right now.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough. I would expect an increase in badge prices/number of badges sold to compensate for these additional difficulties.

Khaaaaaaanh!!!:
Sometimes less is more.

Quality over quantity.

<insert cliche>

But I do like the idea of Preview Night being extended though I also like the semi-exclusive feel to it.

Transmute Jun:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBut I do like the idea of Preview Night being extended though I also like the semi-exclusive feel to it.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the idea floated was for Preview Night to be extended, but rather for Preview Night to be moved to Tuesday, making Wednesday a proper, full day.

I also like the 'exclusive' feel to Preview Night... or I would, if it weren't so darn crowded! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version