Author Topic: Show off your swag (SDCC 2016)!  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1378
Show off your swag (SDCC 2016)!
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »
What did you get? Post pictures here to show off  your swag! I want to see all of the cool stuff I missed!

Here's what we took in (got more shirts than usual-we usually miss out):
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The hidden gem for us was the Young Frankenstein tee from the publishing area (it's for a book about the making of the movie, but still very cool!). For the second year in a row, I found a Teen Titans Go bag abandoned on the floor. I picked it up, asked several people if it was theirs. Yelled out-nothing. Checked inside, only a quick guide inside. Claimed it as my own (but kept it out for a little while, just in case). I can't wait to display it-Dan Hipp's artwork is so great!

We got a bunch of posters too. When we were picking them up at the Fox booth on PN, and there were no Salem posters. Since it wasn't too packed, I asked someone behind the counter if they had Salem posters. He went back and checked and brought me out a couple. So nice! If only I had asked for a Lucifer poster-we got that one last minute on Sunday (had to line up-what!?!) I also lucked into a Luke Cage poster. When I went to snag one, they handed me the Cap shield. Bonus!
Ang

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 1216
Re: Show off your swag (SDCC 2016)!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:37:40 PM »
One of the most unique things I got this year was the Rocky Horror Trucker Cap from the Fox booth.

They had run out of poster tubes on preview night and started handing these out.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:02:51 PM »

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 501
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 11:19:42 PM »
What did you get? Post pictures here to show off  your swag! I want to see all of the cool stuff I missed!

Here's what we took in (got more shirts than usual-we usually miss out):

The hidden gem for us was the Young Frankenstein tee from the publishing area (it's for a book about the making of the movie, but still very cool!). For the second year in a row, I found a Teen Titans Go bag abandoned on the floor. I picked it up, asked several people if it was theirs. Yelled out-nothing. Checked inside, only a quick guide inside. Claimed it as my own (but kept it out for a little while, just in case). I can't wait to display it-Dan Hipp's artwork is so great!

We got a bunch of posters too. When we were picking them up at the Fox booth on PN, and there were no Salem posters. Since it wasn't too packed, I asked someone behind the counter if they had Salem posters. He went back and checked and brought me out a couple. So nice! If only I had asked for a Lucifer poster-we got that one last minute on Sunday (had to line up-what!?!) I also lucked into a Luke Cage poster. When I went to snag one, they handed me the Cap shield. Bonus!
Where did you get that Young Frankenstein t-shirt from?
What are those things with Nerve written on them?

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1378
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 06:56:29 AM »
Where did you get that Young Frankenstein t-shirt from?
What are those things with Nerve written on them?
The shirt was from the Hachette Book Group table (1116)
The Nerve things are fanny packs (yes-I intend to be totally uncool and wear one! Too bad I don't have kids to embarrass)

Here is a link to the Young Frankenstein book info:
Ang

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 501
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Thanks