Con Suite > Cosplay

SDCC 2017 Cosplay Plans/Progress

(1/14) > >>

jazzyj:
Okay folks! We're almost 2 months away from SDCC 2K17, which means 2 more months of cosplay prep! What's your lineup for this year? Have you started making it or are you procrastinating? Are you looking forward to wearing it or is the threat of having a possibly humid Comic-Con (like last year) giving you second thoughts?

I'm pretty much having a Marvel lineup this year - Spiderman and Ant-Man. I'll be doing Spiderman's homemade outfit, as seen in the upcoming movie, however I'm mostly concerned with the heat since his homemade costume involves wearing sweats. I still need to drill holes on the face shell so that I can breathe better under the mask and I need to glue on the goggles but other than that, I think I'm good to go.

My Ant-Man cosplay is probably my favorite this year since it's somewhat of a joke cosplay. I'll be wearing the Ant-Man helmet along with a Baskin Robbins uniform. I'm still debating if I want to carry a sign that says "Baskin Robbins always finds out" or if I should just carry an empty pint of Baskin Robbins ice cream. Feel free to make suggestions on what I should do! :)

What is everyone dressing up as?

TravT77:
Well, I have an idea, but not sure if I'm brave enough to cosplay my first time at SDCC. I've been toying with a "Black Knightrider" mashup (Monty meets Micheal Knight) I've purchased the supplies but haven't had time to work on it yet. And, yes the weather does have me questioning a knights helmet and crocheted "chainmail"

Love the BR uniform and sign idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Transmute Jun:
I put together a WestWorld costume over the winter and I tried it out at a couple of spring cons. I plan to wear it to SDCC, now that it's been through the warmup paces!

superkatchick:
I like to do "everyday" cosplay and pick outfits that look like characters but can pass for "normie" clothes also! Last year I dressed as Jack Burton from Big Trouble little China, which is a tank top/jeans/boots, and I made an orange jumpsuit for a prisoner from the comic Bi#@h Planet. Most of the cosplays I wear to local cons are on the hot side anyway I've never brought any to SDCC. This will be my 6th year in San Diego and I would really like to wear a "full" cosplay at least one day! I have a Lord Beerus from Dragon Ball Super that I have worn to local cons and am extremely happy with but it involves a zentai suit and rubber mask so still on the fence!

everlastingwhy:
Was looking endlessly for something I could wear in the heat of SD that I could pull off and settled on Queenie from Fantastic Beasts - have two different dresses for her and just have to figure out how to do her hair (mine's already curly but not quite as short)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version