Con Suite > Cosplay

Costume weapon question

<< < (2/5) > >>

semigeekgirl:
[member=4294]foxbatkllr[/member] Thanks! I'm okay with them tying it down, I just want to be as sure as possible it will be okay since it's a major part of the costume.

Do you know if the tag/wristbands are day-specific? I always have way more time on Thursday than any other day so I'd like to get it out of the way if I can.

foxbatkllr:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[member=4294]foxbatkllr[/member] Thanks! I'm okay with them tying it down, I just want to be as sure as possible it will be okay since it's a major part of the costume.

Do you know if the tag/wristbands are day-specific? I always have way more time on Thursday than any other day so I'd like to get it out of the way if I can.

--- End quote ---

I think you only need to be tagged once but I only wear my costumes for one day so maybe I'm wrong.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

semigeekgirl:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI think you only need to be tagged once but I only wear my costumes for one day so maybe I'm wrong.

--- End quote ---

Me too, I usually do a different costume each day (although just street clothes on Sunday), but since Thursdays are often kind of low panel-wise I was thinking of getting it out of the way early. I'll probably just play it by ear... I'll wander by the weapons check and if it's not too busy I'll ask them.

sylent_asassin:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[member=4294]foxbatkllr[/member] Thanks! I'm okay with them tying it down, I just want to be as sure as possible it will be okay since it's a major part of the costume.

--- End quote ---

The weapons only need to be tagged/tied down once. They will either put a sticker on it or put a plastic tie on swords so you can't unsheathe them.

A couple of years ago, I had a modified and painted PVC pipe that I carried over my shoulder as part of the costume and they put a sticker on it when they saw me walking around. A security guy walked up to me while I was in Sails and asked, "Did you get that weapon checked?" I responded with, "Weapon? It's not a weapon. It's just a prop." I gave it to him, he looked it over and he put a plastic weapons tie on it.

For one of my other costumes, I used to carry an airsoft pistol that kind of looks like a real firearm. A couple of years ago, security detained me even though I had the stickers on it proving that it had already been checked. After that, I stopped bringing guns as it more trouble than it's worth.

semigeekgirl:
[member=3102]sylent_asassin[/member] Thanks! Mine is obviously a fantasy weapon, so I'm sure I need to get it tagged... but also pretty sure no one actually expects me to do violence with it. I'll try to get it tagged Thursday, but as with anything SDCC-related, it will depend on scheduling and the whims of the Con gods...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version