Con Suite > Cosplay

Sword Question

(1/1)

appaloosafire:
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but;

The convention policies state that "Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn."

Is this for any type of sword, no matter it's construction? Mine is made of foam and worbla and doesn't have a sheath. When I went to SDCC years ago, I had no issue carrying a key blade around at the time that was made of wood, and most other conventions I've attended allow live-steel so long as it is peace-bound and can't be pulled out of its sheath. But, I'm afraid that they mean every kind of sword, no matter what.

Help from anyone who's gone in recent years would be most appreciated!

sylent_asassin:
It doesn't matter what kind of sword it is. If it can be unsheathed, it can be used as a blunt force object OR to poke an eye out, so SDCC security will use a plastic tie to keep you from taking out your sword. If you don't have a sheath, they may tie it to your costume so you can't brandish it. If it's one of those giant anime swords, you would have to get it checked by con security... and they may not let you in with it, so be prepared. I used to carry airsoft guns with one of my costumes, but ultimately, I decided that it's not worth the hassle.

I'm sure security measures will be even more heightened this year thanks to that idiot that tried to attack Jason David Frank, the Green Ranger at Phoenix ComicCon a couple of weeks ago.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

appaloosafire:
I figured that it might be heightened thanks to the Phoenix Con incident :/ If not just to help everyone who's attending feel a little more safe.

Mine isn't really giant, about four feet in length, but I guess I'll find out when I get there! Thank you!

TravT77:
I too am wondering about this.  I just bought a plastic "training" sword for my outfit.  I may just make a minimal sheath that can be attached to my back somehow and somehow affix the sword so it can't be pulled? So much trouble thanks to a few people who can't handle living in a civilized world. Jeez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version